LordVetinari

PSA: Crazy bot campaign on Twitter claiming that be Ripple Developers

Wow.   Just wow.  

Ok not JUST wow,   I can’t resist adding...

What on earth can motivate such desperate dastardly despicable deeds?

Its either hatred or money in my opinion.

Hatred...   how can another project get your nose so out of joint that you go to this degree to sabotage it?  Beyond me.  

Money...   if you are a big bag holder of some coin you think will be undermined by XRP (and you have no morals) I suppose you might consider sabotage but it seems such a stretch.  

I’m always amazed at how irrational some of us can be...

3 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

What on earth can motivate such desperate dastardly despicable deeds?

Trying to determine the "why" is a waste of time. Better to just be aware that this is happening and to know what is being said. 

People do ridiculous things. 

3 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

At the risk of sounding tinfoily...

This has nothing to do with bag holders of other coins. If it did, those coins would be mentioned in the tweets.

This has to do with a multipronged Soviet-style misinformation campaign that’s been waged against Ripple and XRP for the past month-and-a-half by powerful interests.

Look at the posts in this forum and in the trading club. Look at the quantity of negative and dismissive opinions popping up in the last 60 days... in a chat specifically designed for XRP followers. Pay attention to the sharply negative titles of posts that are otherwise merely “asking questions” about XRP and sealioning. Posters who then take controversial opinions to draw out argument, lengthening the topic and maintaining its position at the top of the forum for days at a time.

Look at the tectonic shift in r/cryptocurrency over the past few months. XRP had finally gained traction and acceptance there over the past year. People supported it. Suddenly? Multiple highly-upvoted spurious posts critical of XRP and packed with anti-Ripple comments that lack sound factual basis.

Some of this activity is organic.

Rest assured, a grand majority is not.

What this says to me, louder than any other voice, is that there are people who want you to sell.

They don’t have a coin to peddle.

They want you to sell your XRP.

Because their bosses want to buy it.

Period.

Get jazzed, because this is the best news you’ve gotten in a very long time.

The strategy is quite obvious. Fighting it is even easier once you see it in action.

Be aware of the messages they repeat. Those words will appear in other posts, comments and articles. Likely this "devs quiting" and the Cory Johnson news will be used together. 

Trying to understand their motivation is pointless. It's enough to know "their words" and they're up to no good. 

Owners of certain coins are most certainly feeling threatened.  Nothing to do, but just allow the global market to choose...

These street hustlers have absolutely no agency in the society of crypto as much as they would like to think...

@Trickery

1 hour ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

It’s USA style English.  But I’ve forgotten why. 

That gotten is primarily used in North America has given rise to the mistaken belief that it is American in origin and hence new and inferior. But gotten is in fact an old form, predating the United States and Canada by several centuries. It fell out of favor in British English by the 18th century, but it was eventually picked up again on the other side of the Atlantic, perhaps by analogy with forgotten.

Cause 'merica! 

Edited by LordVetinari