JBW

Western Union Acknowledges Experiments With Ripple Tech

I think the initial negative jargon coming from WU was more of a ploy to stand the competition down as it is going to take them a bit of time to get their systems in sync but my gut feeling is that they never really stopped in their workings with Ripple in fact I think it was the opposite they ramped things up a bit.  I mean think about it why would you come out and promote a game changing tech that given your structure your competition can bring it up faster than you could.  WU was just buying time in this game, a nice game of poker is being played here WU bluffed initially now their showing their hand.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, codiusrex said:

WU has been using their own version of digital currency for the last 30 years and sees no value after trying xRapid with 10 payments. Not kidding.

Seems like they’ve mentioned enough ignorance of Ripple’s technology to the press already to make their own bed.

https://fortune.com/2018/06/13/ripple-xrp-cryptocurrency-western-union/

What the point to post this 2018 article, when I posted an extract from August 1 2019 earning calls.

If you're wondering why they "are looking at the innovation on the #crypto industry" read this:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/western-union-wu-q2-earnings-212509588.html

Edited by kenrino

12 minutes ago, codiusrex said:

WU has been using their own version of digital currency for the last 30 years

Actually ,no they have been using an old model for the last 30 years.

5 hours ago, kenrino said:

Actually ,no they have been using an old model for the last 30 years.

Oh man, really? (Sarcasm) They’ve been using their own messaging network for the last 30 years. The 2018 article obviously drew a stark contrast between Ripple’s current vision for MG and WU’s failure to adapt — too little too late.

Oh man, really? (Sarcasm) They’ve been using their own messaging network for the last 30 years. The 2018 article obviously drew a stark contrast between Ripple’s current vision for MG and WU’s failure to adapt — too little too late.

Its not in the messaging where Ripple can make the most difference for crossborder payments, but in replacing prefunding for liquid local currency