Scout

One of the principal claims made by Ripple for XRP is that it would free up $5tn

I tried posting this under other press and it was deleted probably because it was filed under the wrong topic. Sorry, sometimes I get my wires crossed.

One of the principal claims made by Ripple for XRP is that it would free up $5tn that is “sitting dormant” in bank nostro/vostro accounts around the world.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2019/02/10/there-is-no-such-thing-as-dormant-funds-in-banking/#6d888c015aef

Curious to know what the community thinks about this and if someone is in banking are these statements truthful or just FUD? I assume Forbes is reputable?

Edited by Scout

I tried posting this under other press and it was deleted probably because it was filed under the wrong topic. Sorry, sometimes I get my wires crossed.
One of the principal claims made by Ripple for XRP is that it would free up $5tn that is “sitting dormant” in bank nostro/vostro accounts around the world.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2019/02/10/there-is-no-such-thing-as-dormant-funds-in-banking/#6d888c015aef
Curious to know what the community thinks about this and if someone is in banking are these statements truthful or just FUD? I assume Forbes is reputable?
By the time they go live it'll be 1 trillion in nostro vostro

16 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Remember the faster inventory turnover cycles that the RippleNet system makes possible. This means you can serve up the same about of liquidity flows, with a smaller inventory of capital/float.

Yeah those indirect, nonlinear effects will be the most interesting. Things we can’t really grasp now but that will become self-evident when value moves as freely as information. 

2 hours ago, lucky said:

Summary: Author of article bases her fake news story on some false assumptions, and calls anyone that tries to debate with her dumb without actually addressing their arguments, or blocks them (knowing these are her only options).

You know, it is disturbing and frustrating that someone with her insider knowledge of the banking system would go as far to sabotage Ripple just for the hell of it, based on false assumptions. It's really sad, and for the average Joe like myself who struggles to learn the industry these type of people (like her) really don't warrant a public voice. Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by Scout

2 hours ago, Scout said:

You know, it is disturbing and frustrating that someone with her insider knowledge of the banking system would go as far to sabotage Ripple just for the hell of it, based on false assumptions. It's really sad, and for the average Joe like myself who struggles to learn the industry these type of people (like her) really don't warrant a public voice. Thanks for the clarification.

Frances is probably a friend of the other ["trivial person", "shallow minded", "Ripple hater"]  Laura Shin, who is also working at Forbes if I recall correctly

3 hours ago, Scout said:

...someone with her insider knowledge of the banking system...

If you worked at McDonald flipping burgers doesn't make you qualified to develop a global strategy for the trademark...but you could add to your resume that you worked at McDonald and you know a lot about burgers... lol

Edited by Malloy

2 hours ago, invest2lose said:

what are your guy's thoughts on this conversation?

He should focus more on filmmaking and leave the finance to others, cause its been pretty much downhill since Apocalypse Now