Sign in to follow this  
JBW

Ripple and XRP are not innovative, PoW is still kingpin, claims Tone Vays

What an idiot this guy is :) He should definitely take a chill pill :)

“#Ripple is NOT newer, the useless company has been around since like 2002
It’s NOT better, there is absolutely nothing they do that ACH, Swift, PayPal, Venmo, Square & even R3 Can’t (AND w/out the Scammy $XRP token)
@Ripple is NOT Innovative, PoW (aka #Bitcoin) is innovative!”

It is a shame I am not on twitter. I would like to read more about him.

Tony Vays slammed Ripple’s XRP in his tweet:

A true #Shitcoin(ers) will tell you that u need #Ripple in between that $GBP vs $EUR conversion to
A: Pay another spread to convert to $XRP, move $XRP, pay another spread to convert to Fiat.
AND/OR
B: Pay an $XRP fee to record in a database they claim is decentralized but isn’t.”

https://ambcrypto.com/ripple-and-xrp-are-not-innovative-pow-is-still-kingpin-claims-tone-vays/

Seems like he may have been someone in the crypto space once. These folks will loose their relevance as the space matures.

Edited by Mars

44 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

He got one thing right, Satoshi wasn't the best programmer and people come along and do things better. 

I disagree with that, and I agree with Craig Wright on this: the Core devs really messed it up. Lightning network is not Bitcoin, has entirely different model, and cannot possibly work on top of PoW, because it sucks out revenues from miners, which weakens its base security. The bigger the LN, the (relatively) weaker the base.

13 minutes ago, lucky said:

I disagree with that, and I agree with Craig Wright on this: the Core devs really messed it up. Lightning network is not Bitcoin, has entirely different model, and cannot possibly work on top of PoW, because it sucks out revenues from miners, which weakens its base security. The bigger the LN, the (relatively) weaker the base.

Actually, I was talking about the Ripple team doing it better. 😉

Now regarding bitcoin improvements, I agree with you. SV will ultimately end up being the adopted bitcoin flavor. 

BTC holders may have a future but that's after the banks and governments collapse. I'll likely be senile or dirt by then. 

4 hours ago, JBW said:

“#Ripple is NOT newer, the useless company has been around since like 2002
It’s NOT better, there is absolutely nothing they do that ACH, Swift, PayPal, Venmo, Square & even R3 Can’t (AND w/out the Scammy $XRP token)
@Ripple is NOT Innovative, PoW (aka #Bitcoin) is innovative!” 

hahaha best thing I read all day!  Just goes to show that brilliance in one area does not mean brilliance in all areas.

I appreciate Tone Vays very much.  I LOVE the fact that he represents the bitcoin community and has influence over their minions.  He does NOTHING but further legitimize how professional Ripple is and what an absolute joke the bitcoin ecosystem has become.

Ten years in, it must be crushing to watch use case after use case roll out of XRP, while bitcoin still cant find a single one, still maxes out at 3-7 transactions per second, splintered ecosystem, no development, etc.

The only thing left to do is lash out on YouTube with Star Wars sound effects.

Edited by Phintech

Sign in to follow this