codiusrex

Ripple Offered Multimillion-Dollar XRP Bonuses to Lure Top Tech Talent

6 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

Yet when I applied at Ripple a while back, they didn't even follow up my initial email. I haven't been contacted by anyone from Ripple since then proactively either.

Looks like I'm not "top talent" enough for them. :cray:

Looking at their roster you prolly need some crazy work experience, like being a top official at Microsoft, and having been on the actual moon at least once.

13 minutes ago, Black said:

having been on the actual moon at least once

I held Bitcoin and XRP at quite a few ATHs, so that definitely makes me qualified in that regard. For the rest of the stuff I'm also qualified in some cases, I'm just not sure if I want to work in Trumpland.

8 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

I held Bitcoin and XRP at quite a few ATHs, so that definitely makes me qualified in that regard. For the rest of the stuff I'm also qualified in some cases, I'm just not sure if I want to work in Trumpland.

No no no, I mean like the moon in the sky. Like literally having been on the moon.

I don't see any crazy requirements in there, can you quote something which you think is about as rare as having been part of a lunar Apollo mission or being a top official at Microsoft?

1 hour ago, Sukrim said:

Yet when I applied at Ripple a while back, they didn't even follow up my initial email. I haven't been contacted by anyone from Ripple since then proactively either.

Do you reach with jim chauncey-kelly or with matthew welch? 

3 hours ago, Xrphunter said:

Do you reach with jim chauncey-kelly or with matthew welch? 

No, but I met Matthew in person at least. I am not sure if he even worked at Ripple Labs back when I asked initially. Maybe its time to ask again, though I really despise this whole "selling yourself" business that comes with jobs and negotiating offers etc.

2 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

No, but I met Matthew in person at least. I am not sure if he even worked at Ripple Labs back when I asked initially. Maybe its time to ask again, though I really despise this whole "selling yourself" business that comes with jobs and negotiating offers etc.

Its not the same then yesterday. Who knows, maybe he can consider you on the team 😊 

18 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

"anonymous" and "former" to suggest there's some kind of problem

You're right, there is nothing factually given in the article. Why would the "anonymous" source want to remain anonymous, especially if they parted ways with Ripple. Until this source is named, I would classify this article as fabricated. However, I might try to remain objective, its sad that the greater audience of this article will not. 

The message anyone with talents will read is: "The War on Talent has started, and Ripple Pays Very Well". This is just so good news, Coindesk just had to inject some neutralizing acid to not make it appear as they are hyping.

11 hours ago, Sukrim said:

How is San Francisco Trumpland? 

27 minutes ago, gamblin310 said:

How is San Francisco Trumpland? 

It is situated in the United States of America whose president is Donald Trump, last time I checked.

2 hours ago, Sukrim said:

It is situated in the United States of America whose president is Donald Trump, last time I checked.

You'd be hard pressed to find a Trump supporter in San Francisco.

9 hours ago, Sukrim said:

though I really despise this whole "selling yourself" business that comes with jobs and negotiating offers etc.

This is why I make a living!  I tell candidates I work with to be themselves and bring confidence in what you are an expert in.  Let the client know your priorities are in the strength of the team and opportunity and regarding compensation are open to fair and competitive offers.  If pressed let them know you honestly aren't sure because it depends on the overall package and that you'd feel more comfortable with them talking with the recruiter about specific #'s.  If that still doesn't work or you don't have a recruiter talk to them about benefits and once you have that info ask them if you can take a day or two and get back to them with specific #'s once you have a chance to consider everything.  

15 hours ago, Sukrim said:

That's a shame since you've been effectively working for them for free for a long time now.