Roaring_Twenties

Has Corey Johnson left Ripple?

23 hours ago, 7Bs said:

Let's keep an eye on Vias' Twitter. If he leaves we're either in big shiza or individuals truly cannot be associated with the bridge asset XRP anymore because it's so big it needs an OPEC-like consortium.

23 hours ago, lucky said:

HOLY, that would be some interpretation of "Change in market conditions"?

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/20781-zerpening-3-hodl-my-zerps/?do=findComment&comment=668317

Edited by 7Bs

Ripple wanted to fire Corey because Corey did not do a good job.

His position is eliminated simply to save his face. Not sure ripple absolutely needs such a specific position. What Ripple needs are good public faces. Could be anything. Brad & Mr. Chubby are the best ones so far.

Corey has been the only major ripple employee who I thought was a misfit.

Good riddance.

21 hours ago, KaaKaRmA said:

It's possible the SEC is realizing this and pushing back with such claims and forcing Ripple to make moves to remove such XRP influence type roles.  It's a very interesting move.

Could be, Ripple has always been a weird company but they just seem weirder and weirder to me these days, all of these offshoot technologies and bolt-on systems and round the houses ways of doing things. Like OK we have this core business thats a ledger, but then there's this other weird thing for  bank to do this, and a bolt on for that, and blah blah. Not surprised banks are confused, i get pretty confused.

It seems like they want their cake and eat it too, what they really want now is to be a traditional ledger software company, centralised and into consultancy, because its decent money and there's less scrutiny,  but they have this big skeleton in the closet which is that they started as a crypto firm, and they'd love to ditch that, but they also want to go around using the buzzword blockchain, so they can't ditch it, and then there's the thought of this XRP stuff they've got buried out in the back yard being worth billions and the greed brings them back in, plus the fact they've promised its success to employees and investors for years. Who knows what really goes on over there, but it all seems very disjointed to me. Most of the time XRP is that guy in the background everyone wishes hadn't been invited to the party, then the next they will have like a guilt spasm, and announce some half hearted XRP initiative.

I have to say I'm a bit out of the loop these days though but thats how it seems just as a passive outsider looking in. kinda wtf.

21 hours ago, KaaKaRmA said:

Thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it.  Realist post don't always sit well with the masses, but it prevents an echo chamber and is often needed. 

Its nice to read something interesting too, there's some ice cold takes around man.

On 2/12/2019 at 3:45 PM, KaaKaRmA said:

It looks like Miguel Vias is gone from leadership team on website as well. May be a strategic move to distance themselves from having influence on XRP for purpose of regulations.

On 2/12/2019 at 8:18 PM, 7Bs said:

Let's keep an eye on Vias' Twitter. If he leaves we're either in big shiza or individuals truly cannot be associated with the bridge asset XRP anymore because it's so big it needs an OPEC-like consortium.

Miguel is still busy at ripple

2 hours ago, VanHasen said:

Miguel is still busy at ripple

I saw that. It looks like he’s scrubbed a lot of Ripple and role from his online presence, which leads me to believe it could be something related to SEC and clarity, distinguishing influence over XRP. 

Maybe he was given a boatload of xrp on joining, knows it’s going to 589 very soon and can retire a multi-multi millionaire on this number so jacked his job in 😂

I hate how everyone in the digital asset world doesn't think that there can be failures and mistakes. Imagine how many people would still be saying "Just wait the day will still come" if xRapid somehow got screwed up and a couple companies decided to stop using it. I'm not saying this will happen at all (just using it as food for thought). People can literally read anything about their digital asset of choice and think that every story is positive and/or has a silver lining. That is why this market does not value digital assets properly. Maybe Corey tried to point out something to Ripple and they disagreed and fired him. Maybe he failed at what he was hired for. Him being let go not even a year in is not positive though.

Edited by AlejoMoreno

Remember when Cory Tweeted the photo of him shaking hands with the Canadian PM with the caption, “This matters,” and then removed it within just a few minutes?

I’m not suggesting that that cost him a job, but it was apparently sloppy, and I’m guessing he wouldn’t have taken it down unless Brad called him and ordered him to.

Pure speculation of course, but why else does one hastily remove a selfie of themselves with a PM?

Cory did tweet a photo with Miguel at a Miami Heat game and hashtagged XRP, thus its likely he’s still with Ripple and had titled removed for business/regulation reasons. 

40 minutes ago, KaaKaRmA said:

Cory did tweet a photo with Miguel at a Miami Heat game and hashtagged XRP, thus its likely he’s still with Ripple and had titled removed for business/regulation reasons. 

That's kinda weird...

1 hour ago, princesultan said:

That's kinda weird...

True. However, when Ripple is claiming XRP isn’t a security, it’s very likely the SEC would need to see they have no influence over it, such as specific positions within the company focused around its growth etc.  It’s a weird situation which we’ll all likely never know the answer too.