Roaring_Twenties

Has Corey Johnson left Ripple?

I won’t be wasting any more of my time on this.  I think there are are really only two cases...

One, that there is something big happening at Ripple and that this is a sign.  

I see no sign of One happening so I will disregard unless something pops up.

Or two, that this is merely a personal thing...  Corey made a boo boo,  or some infighting thing,  or something personal to Corey like he has another opportunity.

Two is only of gossipy interest,  so I don’t care and will wait for actual info....    meanwhile just moving on.

34 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Exactly! And that’s a red flag for me.

Positive changes at Exco level are usually communicated in a different way:

- wait with the communication until there’s clarity about the new position of the leaving exco member and/or:

- stating explicitly that everything is discussed in good harmony and/ or

- giving explicit details about his succes ( deals or other concrete milestones).

- giving explicit details about why exactly this role ( CMS) isn’t needed anymore ( preferably spinned very positive).

TLDR: when a separation is somewhat negative, this is exactly the vague way big companies communicate the facts. 

But just my opinion ( based on years of experience of first hand, but could be very wrong nevertheless).

My opinion as well - this doesn't sound like a success story or the prelude to something big (and good) at all...

2 minutes ago, 7strings said:

Define "very" :D

XRP dipping below the long term Elliotwave number 5 descending triangle support, validating the head and shoulder pattern which could mean a false bear trap that suddenly turns into a bull trap once the shorts get rekt at the 68% Fibonacci retrace line.

1 minute ago, Truckdriver said:

Interesting thoughts,  we can speculate either way positive or negative, I'll play the wait and see game and sit on the fence , oh i see the neighbors haven't mowed their lawn and planted more trees to block my view :shock:

Yep we don't know why and probably never will....now where did I put my planting spade?

On 2/12/2019 at 12:58 PM, Gorgalosk said:

I’m gonna be honest, I think @KaaKaRmA is the only one being sensible in this thread.  It’s never a good thing when high level personnel leave like this. Stability is important for both the health of the company and investor sentiment.  Companies don’t just eliminate talented people’s jobs because “their job is done”. That’s the most insane thing I’ve ever heard.  Also, if I remember correctly, ripple’s general counsel also left this year.  I’m still bullish on xrp and haven’t sold a single zerp.  That being said, everyone should stop and try and be objective for a second lest we turn into an echo chamber.

Everybody is speculating on what the truth is/isn't. It could've been for a plethora of reasons: Job performance, financial re-alignment, personal/family, corporate compliance issues, etc. The fact of the matter is that he's gone. While yes, I will admit, his quick departure does seem hasty and very suspect especially since he seemed to have had a pretty high-level position within the company in setting the overall marketing strategy for the company. I personally don't necessarily buy this idea that "He completed his role or fulfilled his duties now that Ripple has gone mainstream." I doubt that he would've quit the pretty lucrative job he had already previously, to join Ripple as the "Cheif Market Strategist" and say, "Yep, I'm done after only a year of servitude!!!" As many have said, marketing within a company is an ever-evolving and continuous process. Companies are always trying to figure out how to best market themselves to consumers.  I voiced my concerns in an earlier post on this thread about how I felt that he was never a good fit for this position from the beginning.  However, this is not Armageddon as many on this thread are making it out to be!! All businesses, whether public/private, have periods of self-reflection, realignment, and re-organization that occur throughout various stages of the company's lifecycle.  

Edited by King34Maine

Yep. I don’t think this Armageddon either. I suspect it is unplanned as there wasn’t any official announcement by Ripple but it’s just guess. The key leadership and the big brains are hard at it.

I emailed Ripple earlier today and suggested they do a formal announcement. Whether they do anything with my suggestion we’ll see. Regardless of what I get back from Ripple I’ll post to this thread if it’s still around. I saw to expect 3-5 days for a reply from Ripple.

17 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

I emailed Ripple earlier today and suggested they do a formal announcement. Whether they do anything with my suggestion we’ll see. Regardless of what I get back from Ripple I’ll post to this thread if it’s still around. I saw to expect 3-5 days for a reply from Ripple.

Don't hold your breath, Ripple have already said all they're going to say "Due to changing market conditions" which could mean anything.......Interns spring to mind.

1 hour ago, King34Maine said:

Everybody is speculating on what the truth is/isn't. It could've been for a plethora of reasons: Job performance, financial re-alignment, personal/family, corporate compliance issues, etc. The fact of the matter is that he's gone. While yes, I will admit, his quick departure does seem hasty and very suspect especially since he had a pretty high-level position in the company and assume that was in charge of setting the overall marketing strategy for the company. I personally don't necessarily buy this idea that "He completed his role or fulfilled his duties now that Ripple has gone mainstream." I doubt that he quit the pretty lucrative job he had already, to join a startup as the "Cheif Market Strategist" and say, "Yep, I'm done after only a year of servitude!!!" As many have said, marketing a company is an ever-evolving and continuous process. Companies are always trying to figure out how to best market themselves to consumers.  I voiced my concerns in an earlier post on this thread about how I felt that he was never a good fit for this position from the beginning.  However, this is not Armageddon as many on this thread are making it out to be!! All businesses, whether public/private, have periods of self-reflection, realignment, and re-organization that occur throughout various stages of the company's lifecycle.  

Maybe he's a drunk or slept with Brad's woman.  That stuff happens.  I see it all the time on daytime tv.

6 hours ago, KaaKaRmA said:

It’s called being logical. I’m 100% confident in my investment in XRP. However, I’m also not looking for any and all justification by putting a false positive spin on every bit of news. I mean, just look at the comments: “His job is done! He’s not needed anymore!” ... look show ridiculous that sounds. 

Companies simply don’t like or want negative press or turnover, especially not from a key face of company. We can’t selectively choose which news is deemed good and which is bad for sake tricking ourselves into believing more in our investment.  Swift CEO steps down and it means he’s admitting defeat, Cory’s position eliminated and it means he’s done his job so they don’t need him... 

I like to read your comments man, you're a realist like me. And there's always more to a story...Question is, what do they mean by 'changing market conditions', that was the soundbite that interested me. Do they mean, crypto market is screwed, so we are no longer bothering to promote our financial instrument; if they mean't that, it would be a bit weak of them, you have a bear market and give up? unless they have info we don't have about a real crypto armageddon coming up (some regulatory push).

or was this just another (yawn, ) 'distancing ourselves from xrp while simultaneously pretending we aren't' type of thing,

or was it a doing this to save face with the regulators thing,

or was it that they asked around  wall street about the viability of XRP in a trading situation and the answer was not now not ever, so they have really decided to drop XRP.

or was it just that they were thinking 'can't stand this corey guy', but because they are silicon valley liberals and they have to live under totalitarian niceness all of the time, they just blamed it on market conditions so noone got upset.