Roaring_Twenties

Has Corey Johnson left Ripple?

3 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

A couple of interesting points here (forgive me, others might have raised these, commenting quickly):-

• the job itself has been eliminated - they will not replace Cory as the job title itself has disappeared
  • they say "due to market conditions",  the job itself is no longer necessary

...I think it might be something SEC hinted/requested to Ripple.  Maybe Cory's role evangelised XRP too much, and SEC noted that to Ripple.  Remember when David's Schwartz job title changed from Chief Cryptographer to Chief Technical Officer? That was surely Ripple separating themselves from XRP.  Cory did talk a lot about XRP and maybe that raised a flag. 

Or maybe it's even more obvious - they literally don't need that role any longer because everything's in place.

About Cory, I think you're right. Just to nitpick what you said about David, he was actually promoted to CTO; it's a different position to the one he filled before, not just a change of job title.

15 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I thought I was the shiiiiit with my Gold.....then I saw Hodor's profile and realise there's a Platinum level above Gold....

Meanwhile those of us stuck in the bronze age really are shiiiiit, absolutely no commitment or effort whatsoever, it's a disgrace!

Well this is troubling news..

Is the ship sinking?

Dark skies ahead?

Nobody even cared or came to bat for him to segue into a different role?

Does Ripple have no loyalty to their staff?

31 minutes ago, DividendGamer said:

Is the ship sinking?

Dark skies ahead?

Loyalty? It’s a business.

Edited by Rutski

1 hour ago, DividendGamer said:

Is the ship sinking?

Dark skies ahead?

https://dailyhodl.com/2019/02/11/ripple-and-xrp-update-cory-johnsons-role-as-chief-market-strategist-eliminated-due-to-market-conditions/

It's actually good news. It means Ripple the company and it's products no longer needs "marketing".

one of his main tasks was to explain Ripple and the digital asset XRP to investors

It's true, investors know what Ripple is now and XRP.  That wasn't always the case though.

He basically has finished his job.  True, Ripple could have given him some other position, but perhaps his background didn't lend itself to a good fit for remaining positions in the company.

Edited by enrique11

Who knows, maybe Cory will pop up somewhere else in the XRP-ecosystem. 

The war chest is humongous,  and the initiatives like xPring, and maybe some we do not know of, could be quite attractive for someone who has stated that he loves to work with startups rather than established brands.

Other Ripple employees have left to make their own projects on the ledger.

2 hours ago, mandelbaum said:

Who knows, maybe Cory will pop up somewhere else in the XRP-ecosystem. 

The war chest is humongous,  and the initiatives like xPring, and maybe some we do not know of, could be quite attractive for someone who has stated that he loves to work with startups rather than established brands.

Other Ripple employees have left to make their own projects on the ledger.

I hope this is the case,