Sign in to follow this  
Julian_Williams

UAE exchange Finablr going live with RippleNet to begin cross border payments

When xrp usage becomes more of the "norm" I predict that the worldwide, total value of international remittences will soar. This is truly a game-changer for the tens, or possibly even hundreds of millions of ex-pats who send a portion of their paychecks back to their families. It's really hard to predict the impact that this is going to have as we've got little to no means of accurately estimating the total amount of money NOT SENT due to the currently exorbitant fees being charged. When I attempt to step back and get a grasp of the big picture in terms of xrp's overall potential, I can't even wrap my head around it all there's so much: XSpring, Scooter Braun and the music industry, business cross border payments, FX markets, cross border remittances, online gaming, the University initiatives, etc, etc, etc,.....the possibilities are simply incredible. While many might characterize my gut feeling that xrp has a decent shot at breaking through even triple digit valuations in the next ten years as pure "hopium," I've gotta say that it's looking more and more "reasonable" every day. The momentum is building.....

52 minutes ago, WuWei said:

When xrp usage becomes more of the "norm" I predict that the worldwide, total value of international remittences will soar. This is truly a game-changer for the tens, or possibly even hundreds of millions of ex-pats who send a portion of their paychecks back to their families. It's really hard to predict the impact that this is going to have as we've got little to no means of accurately estimating the total amount of money NOT SENT due to the currently exorbitant fees being charged. When I attempt to step back and get a grasp of the big picture in terms of xrp's overall potential, I can't even wrap my head around it all there's so much: XSpring, Scooter Braun and the music industry, business cross border payments, FX markets, cross border remittances, online gaming, the University initiatives, etc, etc, etc,.....the possibilities are simply incredible. While many might characterize my gut feeling that xrp has a decent shot at breaking through even triple digit valuations in the next ten years as pure "hopium," I've gotta say that it's looking more and more "reasonable" every day. The momentum is building.....

I absolutely share your sentiments WuWei.  Once you manage money transactions on a micro-scale in real time the way opens up for the monetisation to so many things.  I was putting my wive's car into the garage for an MOT today and noticed how few miles she drives a year, yet I pay full rates for insurance every year.  Her insurance should be by the mile and paid in real time - just think what that would do to your insurance bills?  XRP would simply gobble up these sort of problems.  The markets are still undreamed of and so huge.

36 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

XRP would simply gobble up these sort of problems.  The markets are still undreamed of and so huge.

I completely agree, and I also think that many, many current systems are going to look absolutely ridiculous looking back...

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

I absolutely share your sentiments WuWei.  Once you manage money transactions on a micro-scale in real time the way opens up for the monetisation to so many things.  I was putting my wive's car into the garage for an MOT today and noticed how few miles she drives a year, yet I pay full rates for insurance every year.  Her insurance should be by the mile and paid in real time - just think what that would do to your insurance bills?  XRP would simply gobble up these sort of problems.  The markets are still undreamed of and so huge.

Wow, your auto insurance example is yet another brilliant use-case example that I would've never even imagined. I think it's safe to say that so many more of these previously untenable use-cases will become apparent as this new paradigm becomes a reality.

Sign in to follow this