3 hours ago, zenkert said:

Never keep your Crypto on a exchange. NEVER (unless they are there for trading purposes, always move the ones you HODL to a wallet). At least you should get yorself a software wallet.

What software and hardware wallet do you prefer?

16 minutes ago, cryptoxrp said:

What software and hardware wallet do you prefer?

What ever software you choose, make sure you generate your keys in an offline state and for extra security, on a device that will never re-connect to the internet. I like to use Bithomp Tools offline. It’s a nice user interface with many tools like multi-sign and escrow if needed.

Hardware - always try and buy direct from the manufacturer. Nano seems to be the go to hardware wallet.

9 hours ago, Hodor said:

Blog URL:  https://xrpcommunity.blog/convincing-the-muggles-mainstream-crypto-adoption/

How do we make crypto friendly to those outside the market? I answer this question and cover all the latest news impacting XRP in today's blog!

Awesome blog as always! IMO one of the main drivers of adoption will be platforms and crypto wallets that offer an extra layer of safety that would invite the muggles to tip their toes into the "crypto waters".

Since some time I've been following on a very interesting project called UTRUST (https://utrust.com/) aiming to be the PayPal of crypto (plans to offer buyback protection and instant crypto-to-fiat settlements, which could really help boost both consumer and merchant confidence in crypto).

UTRUST has scored a strategic partnership with UMT AG (https://www.umt.ag/en/investor-realtions/corporate-news/589-utrust-en), one of the biggest mobile payment providers in Europe (Serving over 13000 merchants in Germany alone). Their wallet is now in beta and it's expected to be released later this quarter. I sure hope these guys bring it home by including XRP as one of the options for their wallet.

Edit: forgot to add that UTRUST is a member of Hyperledger since July '18:

Edited by moncho

very valid blog... i've always thought it wont really go mainstream until people can use and interact with cryptos with the ease they do with their current banking/investments really

thanks! :D

Got a pretty large amount of people signed up or working to help them understand the future value of Ripple and XRP.

Have had regular talks on discord etc with some pretty large multi gaming guilds and video game Industry professionals.

I have old connections to many people in MMOs and esports and am a retired professional gamer myself.

Working with some people to make a new concept wealth management industry that would be another avenue too. 

Also with a couple ideas for the legal system and a lot of people through family connections as lawyers.

These things take time. 

Really excited to see so many different people involved with xrp every day and their enthusiasm! 😀

5 hours ago, moncho said:

I sure hope these guys bring it home by including XRP as one of the options for their wallet.

Agreed.  This one is a new ICO-funded wallet; I think it's good that there are so many of these to choose from, but part of me wonders if there won't be a consolidation at some point once a clear trusted leader is recognized. 

Buyback protection is something new.  I can see a technical approach involving escrow to make it happen, I guess; I'll have to read their whitepaper when I have time.

6 minutes ago, DividendGamer said:

a retired professional gamer myself.

Nice!  I was always too bad at games to compete seriously. 

These things take time. 

I agree completely.  My background outside of crypto revolves around technology projects, and knowing what I know from that, it boggles my mind how fast Ripple and other XRP ecosystem participants have been moving. 

I can really see Coil (eventually) expanding rapidly if it can effectively monetize what it says it can.  Twitch streaming comes to mind in the context of your post. 

3 hours ago, Hodor said:

but part of me wonders if there won't be a consolidation at some point once a clear trusted leader is recognized. 

Absolutely. Projects like this one may or may not be successful in the long run, but some of them have taken important steps in including features key to consumers and merchants that will help bring us closer to mass adoption: Dispute resolution, buyback protection, merchant protection against volatility, etc.

Serious, reputable projects that develop their platform with these in mind and implement them successfully could be a great entry point for XRP into the mainstream.

Edited by moncho