Thanks @Hodor another great blog,  I'm definitely in the newbies club, my education on crypto has been from this forum ,google and you tubers, the later one not so much now apart from a couple of them Crypto Eri and DAI.  It's extremely difficult to understand the technical aspects of crypto and even see great debates from seasoned members with varying opinions. I'm grateful for the patient posters that explain things in layman's language so i can understand. I hope with global adoption the tech side will make it easier for me to access my zerps or use them as i see fit. Probably phone with fingerprint , voice recognition or rechner sensor for security for personal access to your account or card (like eftpos or credit) . The big players will be considering all sorts of ways to make it easier for mum and dad investor's to enter the space so they can keep clipping the ticket for maximum profitability (I hope they can handle the volume of people)  Interesting times ahead. Thanks again.

14 minutes ago, Truckdriver said:

Thanks @Hodor another great blog,  I'm definitely in the newbies club, my education on crypto has been from this forum ,google and you tubers, the later one not so much now apart from a couple of them Crypto Eri and DAI.  It's extremely difficult to understand the technical aspects of crypto and even see great debates from seasoned members with varying opinions. I'm grateful for the patient posters that explain things in layman's language so i can understand. I hope with global adoption the tech side will make it easier for me to access my zerps or use them as i see fit. Probably phone with fingerprint , voice recognition or rechner sensor for security for personal access to your account or card (like eftpos or credit) . The big players will be considering all sorts of ways to make it easier for mum and dad investor's to enter the space so they can keep clipping the ticket for maximum profitability (I hope they can handle the volume of people)  Interesting times ahead. Thanks again.

Well I have been impressed how quickly you grasped the basics - you seem very clued up now.  Very few of us have technical background to follow every detail. Use smart hubrustics; find others that have a good understanding of the areas you do not want to go deeply into, from these choose the ones that have a lot of common sense (Hodor, Keri, KarmaCoverage...) and adopt their analysis as your own without doing or understanding all the in depth analysis yourself.

1 hour ago, Truckdriver said:

The big players will be considering all sorts of ways to make it easier for mum and dad investor's to enter the space

I agree; there's a huge demand for crypto investing that's prompting some very big players to invest. 

For me, just seeing the number of worldwide exchanges quadruple in one year... wow.  It used to be very difficult to get money into crypto back in the day. 

Now newbies can easily own crypto the same day that they make the decision to buy some.  It didn't used to be like that!

15 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I agree; there's a huge demand for crypto investing that's prompting some very big players to invest. 

For me, just seeing the number of worldwide exchanges quadruple in one year... wow.  It used to be very difficult to get money into crypto back in the day. 

Now newbies can easily own crypto the same day that they make the decision to buy some.  It didn't used to be like that!

It was an anti establishment cult, being difficult to join was part of the bonding process.

Edited by Julian_Williams

9 minutes ago, Hodor said:

And yet us newbies wish we had discovered XRP back in 2013 , mind you, like you've stated we are so early to the party :JC_doubleup: I was watching the first video on Ripple on you tube dated 18th October 2013 , interesting they gave away 2020 XRP to github members,  I thought the amount was interesting , like a sign of  the year of mass adoption.

21 minutes ago, Truckdriver said:

And yet us newbies wish we had discovered XRP back in 2013 , mind you, like you've stated we are so early to the party :JC_doubleup: I was watching the first video on Ripple on you tube dated 18th October 2013 , interesting they gave away 2020 XRP to github members,  I thought the amount was interesting , like a sign of  the year of mass adoption.

I tried to buy BTC 3 years ago and gave up, tried again two years ago and failed, finally bought some in Dec 2017 through Etoro and then transferred all my interest to buying XRP.  The super lower prices have been a God send bringing my average down to .55 which is to my way of thinking a very good buy in price for a relatively latecomer. .  Etoro are really easy to buy XRP with a CC but I think they might be on Hodor's don't trust list (although they have connections with SBI).   Two weeks ago I was told I can at last transfer my tokens into a wallet and spend them.  I have not bought a wallet yet because I think the chances of me forgetting the key, spilling coffee over the nano stick or just being stupid are higher than Etoro going bust.  I want a secure system, like my bank account, in which my XRP can registered and looked after without me worrying.

Getting a wallet is now on my agenda at last. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

I tried to buy BTC 3 years ago and gave up, tried again two years ago and failed, finally bought some in Dec 2017 through Etoro and then transferred all my interest to buying XRP.  The super lower prices have been a God send bringing my average down to .55 which is to my way of thinking a very good buy in price for a relatively latecomer. .  Etoro are really easy to buy XRP with a CC but I think they might be on Hodor's don't trust list (although they have connections with SBI).   Two weeks ago I was told I can at last transfer my tokens into a wallet and spend them.  I have not bought a wallet yet because I think the chances of me forgetting the key, spilling coffee over the nano stick or just being stupid are higher than Etoro going bust.  I want a secure system, like my bank account, in which my XRP can registered and looked after without me worrying.

Are you able to move your XRP's from Etoro? I stopped using them 6 months ago. They kept promising a functional wallet on many occasions without delivering so I decided to learn about cold storage, registered with a few exchanges so I can purchase my coins and move them to a cold storage straightaway.

Edited by Centaurus

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

I have not bought a wallet yet because I think the chances of me forgetting the key, spilling coffee over the nano stick or just being stupid are higher than Etoro going bust.  I want a secure system, like my bank account, in which my XRP can registered and looked after without me worrying.

I know what you mean. I’ve got XRP on Revolut(non-withdrawable), Bitstamp and a paper wallet. The one I feel is the safest is Revolut... safest from myself, that is :) 

If you want a hand setting up a paper wallet on a raspberry pi offline, zero trust involved and only using code from David Schwartz’s mouth, i’d be willing to help out.

You’ll have to trust yourself to look after the private key though :) 

8 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

I know what you mean. I’ve got XRP on Revolut(non-withdrawable), Bitstamp and a paper wallet. The one I feel is the safest is Revolut... safest from myself, that is :) 

If you want a hand setting up a paper wallet on a raspberry pi offline, zero trust involved and only using code from David Schwartz’s mouth, i’d be willing to help out.

You’ll have to trust yourself to look after the private key though :) 

kind offer - thank you

1 hour ago, Centaurus said:

Are you able to move your XRP's from Etoro? I stopped using them 6 months ago. They kept promising a functional wallet on many occasions without delivering so I decided to learn about cold storage, registered with a few exchanges so I can purchase my coins and move them to a cold storage straightaway.

Yes they have gradually installed systems for transferring accounts into crypto wallets.  the introduction of wallet facilities are happening in stages and at first was very slow, however the momentum has gathered speed now.   If the payment was deposited by wire then their are no problems, but if they were made by debit or credit card they only do the transfers for "gold" members (I am sure it is only a matter of time before all members will be able to transfer their purchases into wallets no matter how they paid).  I find etoro very easy to use and with these new services I think it makes them a good option for beginners.

1 hour ago, zenkert said:

Never keep your Crypto on a exchange. NEVER (unless they are there for trading purposes, always move the ones you HODL to a wallet). At least you should get yorself a software wallet.

Thank you for the valuable advice.  I will start the process with small amounts later this week