Sign in to follow this  
Doubletap

Xrp 20's xrp 50's and xrp100's

Just now, VanGogh said:

Sounds like a politician has found out about XRP!

Far from it lol , just an ideas man.

Back in 1997 when I was in my teens , with my first computer and pathetic dial up connection I called vodaphone who I had my mobile phone with at the time and asked the call centre guy why I couldn't use my mobile phone as a modem.  

Now back then as I young tradesman I had no knowledge of what was going on in the tech world , but I had that idea before anyone had heard of it. 

So laugh all you like and ridicule my ideas it's all good 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Doubletap said:

Firstly , I understand that ripple wants to distance themselves from the xrp digital token and that their aim is to take over crossborder payments with it and not be an everyday currency but I must share my lightbulb moment .......

If ripple were to create their own legal tender official physical xrp coin or set of coins or a note set for example which were exchangeable for digital tokens visa versa (somewhere) we could hold in actual physical form that we can see and use .

Talking to people about this space, most have the opinion that it's just so scammy and beyond their understanding that is the one thing that puts most people off crypto. Most people think If they can't see it it doesn't exist.

Anyway that is my idea for bringing crypto out of the dark ages 🙂 

1 hour ago, Doubletap said:

The idea is more because if grandma can't hold it spend it or hide it in her mattress it won't ever become mainstream.

If technology has demonstrated anything, it is that it does not cater to the incumbent, complacent or the neurologically petrified; It is the people who must adapt, learn and eventually and inevitably adopt.

Ok then well how about an official ripple released collectable 10 gram 24 carat gold 10xrp coin with a price tag of $1000 with 10 xrp burned per coin . 

What a Stupid idea aye 

Edited by Doubletap

3 hours ago, Doubletap said:

Ok then well how about an official ripple released collectable 10 gram 24 carat gold 10xrp coin with a price tag of $1000 with 10 xrp burned per coin . 

What a Stupid idea aye 

your getting a lot of stick, but it wasn't so long ago (maybe 2 years) someone in the chat had the bright idea of making gold and silver coins, also rings with the ripple logo before the xrp logo existed, they sold quite a few, but then the idea seemed to just fade sorry I can't remember who it was but the chat was a whole lot different then, I think DS was given one, CL and possibly BG, obviously they weren't official but they had XRP value as you could only buy them from who ever with your XRP at the time

Edited by cannylad
added more

11 hours ago, whiteout said:

Here’s an idea, let’s use the government to print paper slips that you can exchange for goods and services, and even use to purchase XRP if you can find someone to accept this paper for digital credits in their system and sell it for XRP for you.

They could make these slips in various denominations to assist with breaking down to actual exchange values.  Like a 1, and a 5 and a 10, 20, 50, 100.  I thought about maybe a 2, but that's just dumb.

Edited by itcdominic
My spelling sux

12 hours ago, Doubletap said:

Firstly , I understand that ripple wants to distance themselves from the xrp digital token and that their aim is to take over crossborder payments with it and not be an everyday currency but I must share my lightbulb moment .......

If ripple were to create their own legal tender official physical xrp coin or set of coins or a note set for example which were exchangeable for digital tokens visa versa (somewhere) we could hold in actual physical form that we can see and use .

Talking to people about this space, most have the opinion that it's just so scammy and beyond their understanding that is the one thing that puts most people off crypto. Most people think If they can't see it it doesn't exist.

Anyway that is my idea for bringing crypto out of the dark ages 🙂

Ok, so we live in a world where locals do not trust strangers, and govts do not trust other govt’s, and FI’s do not trust third world banks.

But suddenly, due to the magic glitter of crypto, all of the world’s governments and population will blindly trust Ripple Labs, to hold, and be the principle measure of security, along with issuing the world’s reserve of wealth? :spinlol:

Hmm, last I checked RL is a private company, registered in the USA, and are ( and will always be) subject to the US Govt’s rule of law. If the world does not trust the US to back the world’s Dollar, how are they ever going to trust Ripple Labs? 

Crypto’s lack of adoption has nothing to do with the fact that it is “virtual” and common folks need to “hold it” to believe it. Rather it is because the common folks (including the FIs executives) know that it is worthless outside of FI’s walled gardens. Hate to burst your bubble, but believing in crypto does not make us smarter than the rest of the world’s population. You are not ahead of the curve. This was a simple gamble, that will not pay off, long term, unless you consider pump and dump as a win. But that requires a new herd of fools to send in their money, because let’s face it... Even with all of your brilliance, you will still quickly exchange your XRP for “real money” as soon as the profits are large enough. Because even YOU know that local cash is worth more than a banker’s empty messaging container.

13 hours ago, Doubletap said:

Most people think If they can't see it it doesn't exist.

Money doesn't exist either... yet most people will look me straight in they eye and say, "look at this paper, this is real money".

Crypto is not much different in that regard. Money and digital assets, are both just value accounted for on a ledger.

It's kind of like trying to describe how two things, both of which are not well understood, can be combined to make an even better less understandable great thing.

19 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Money doesn't exist either... yet most people will look me straight in they eye and say, "look at this paper, this is real money".

Crypto is not much different in that regard. Money and digital assets, are both just value accounted for on a ledger.

It's kind of like trying to describe how two things, both of which are not well understood, can be combined to make an even better less understandable great thing.

This is due to hundreds of years of brain conditioning....it really was not that long ago that the average person did not value the paper but the gold/silver it represented. and this cycle goes back hundreds of years  even to the point of rocks as currency.  

We moved past rocks, past precious stones, past gold, silver.  We will move past paper money also (in fact many will say this has already started).

Stone Currency.jpg

15 hours ago, Doubletap said:

I didn't say that.

Did you know that gold has a unique signature when analysed they can tell where it was mined so I'm sure the brains can come up with a substance that is truely unique. 

The idea is more because if grandma can't hold it spend it or hide it in her mattress it won't ever become mainstream.

False

4 hours ago, HenrySeldom said:

I'm not usually so rude, but your mom must've drank quite a bit when she was pregnant. 

Another internet bully , I sincerely hope that dig made you feel better about yourself for a few minutes. 

What is it mate ? a short man? Small pecker ? 

Edited by Doubletap

3 hours ago, itcdominic said:

This is due to hundreds of years of brain conditioning....it really was not that long ago that the average person did not value the paper but the gold/silver it represented. and this cycle goes back hundreds of years  even to the point of rocks as currency.  

We moved past rocks, past precious stones, past gold, silver.  We will move past paper money also (in fact many will say this has already started).

Stone Currency.jpg

Limited edition coins and tokens can remain worth much more than their original intended value as collectables . Even baseball cards and comic.

Anyway it seems my idea for something truely collectable that could be worth something even if xrp fails miserably is just laughable to some. 

10 hours ago, Doubletap said:

Limited edition coins and tokens can remain worth much more than their original intended value as collectables . Even baseball cards and comic.

Anyway it seems my idea for something truely collectable that could be worth something even if xrp fails miserably is just laughable to some. 

If you think you're on to something, go for it. Contact Ripple to enquire about their brand. Or just use XRP, no permission required. Make coins, some commemorative plates, teaspoons, whatever. Be sure to package it so collectors can benefit from NIB. You might be able to co-brand with another company. Get in touch with a wine maker or brewery. Who knows what a limited edition bottle of XRP wine or beer will be worth in 30, 50, 100 years after being dug out of your attic by your great, great grandchildren. 

Sign in to follow this