Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Doubletap

Xrp 20's xrp 50's and xrp100's

Recommended Posts

Firstly , I understand that ripple wants to distance themselves from the xrp digital token and that their aim is to take over crossborder payments with it and not be an everyday currency but I must share my lightbulb moment .......

If ripple were to create their own legal tender official physical xrp coin or set of coins or a note set for example which were exchangeable for digital tokens visa versa (somewhere) we could hold in actual physical form that we can see and use .

Talking to people about this space, most have the opinion that it's just so scammy and beyond their understanding that is the one thing that puts most people off crypto. Most people think If they can't see it it doesn't exist.

Anyway that is my idea for bringing crypto out of the dark ages 🙂 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Doubletap said:

Anyway that is my idea for bringing crypto out of the dark ages 🙂 

Let me get this straight. Your idea to bring cryptographic digital currency out of the dark ages, is to make it able to be counterfeited?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BrownBear said:

Let me get this straight. Your idea to bring cryptographic digital currency out of the dark ages, is to make it able to be counterfeited?

I didn't say that.

Did you know that gold has a unique signature when analysed they can tell where it was mined so I'm sure the brains can come up with a substance that is truely unique. 

The idea is more because if grandma can't hold it spend it or hide it in her mattress it won't ever become mainstream.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s an idea, let’s use the government to print paper slips that you can exchange for goods and services, and even use to purchase XRP if you can find someone to accept this paper for digital credits in their system and sell it for XRP for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alluvial said:

Your "understanding" is way off base.

So they want full control of it now ? You mean like majority shareholders ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Doubletap said:

I didn't say that.

Did you know that gold has a unique signature when analysed they can tell where it was mined so I'm sure the brains can come up with a substance that is truely unique. 

Does grandma have the tools to spot fake gold?

You also already have a digital version of your fait currency that you use to buy XRP. Look at your online bank account.

The entire purpose of cryto currency lies in its namesake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BrownBear said:

Does grandma have the tools to spot fake gold?

You also already have a digital version of your fait currency that you use to buy XRP. Look at your online bank account.

The entire purpose of cryto currency lies in its namesake.

Yes she can bite it with her false teeth 😀 

Anyway I will agree with you that we already have digitised fiat  But you're missing my point that the general populations opininion of crypto currency is its shady and dodgy and let's face it , spawned from drug dealing on Silk Road.

Wasnt the success of Apple due to its simplicity and ease of use for Everyman.

To be mainstream it needs to be simplified  for everyday use by "Everyman" not a tiny fraction of a percent of the population. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Doubletap said:

 

To be mainstream it needs to be simplified  for everyday use by "Everyman" not a tiny fraction of a percent of the population. 

XRP isn't for 'Everyman' it is for institutions like banks and payment processors. Its main function is to facilitate cross border transactions by providing on-demand liquidity. It is not being advertised to replace fiat for the purchase of goods and services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is way off base, Ripples goal for XRP is not to replace fiat but enable it to travel at the speed of information in all fashions. I won't say there will never be a universal currency but probably not in my lifetime, to much regulation, volatility, etc to make that happen on a global scale.  No country wants to see their currency go to $hit because of another country so we have a ways to go, but XRP with Ripples grand scheme will bring us as close to the speed of a universal currency as we can get until well "We get a Universal currency :)!"  I don't care if XRP is ever used to buy a gallon of milk just as long as it used to settle USD against EURO etc.

Edited by RikkiTikki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrownBear said:

XRP isn't for 'Everyman' it is for institutions like banks and payment processors. Its main function is to facilitate cross border transactions by providing on-demand liquidity. It is not being advertised to replace fiat for the purchase of goods and services.

But we are everyman are we not ? At least last time I checked I wasn't a bank and last time I checked it was only us everymen that were using it .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...