Xrphunter

University Blockchain Research Initiative Expands Global Footprint with 11 New Partners

Ripple has expanded the group of partners within its University Blockchain Research Initiative (UBRI). This global initiative, which launched in June 2018, now supports 29 schools to further accelerate academic research, technical development and innovation in blockchain, cryptocurrency and digital payments. Since its launch, UBRI has helped foster increasing levels of interest and academic activity by leading faculty, post-doctoral and graduate students at many of the world’s top universities.

The new cohort of partners includes a broader and even more global selection of top-tier university and college partners, representing a wide variety of academic disciplines. New UBRI partners include:

Carnegie Mellon University

Cornell University

Duke University

Georgetown University

University of Kansas

University of Michigan

Morgan State University

National University of Singapore

Northeastern University

University of Sao Paulo

Institute for Fintech Research, Tsinghua University

https://ripple.com/insights/tragic-hero/university-blockchain-research-initiative-expands-global-footprint-with-11-new-partners/

Wow, this is so forward thinking!  It makes me proud to see some of the things that the Ripple Team is putting their efforts into. Between this, XSpring, and their significant philanthropical generosity, it's hard not to believe that this company is going to change the world. Exciting stuff!

1 hour ago, WuWei said:

Wow, this is so forward thinking!  It makes me proud to see some of the things that the Ripple Team is putting their efforts into. Between this, XSpring, and their significant philanthropical generosity, it's hard not to believe that this company is going to change the world. Exciting stuff!

Just posted this...

(bold is mine)

Edited by GiddyUp
bold

The most imminently exciting thing for me if the other unis are anything to go by is they're likely to set up validating nodes which will pretty much remove all of ripples last few...…...Hopefully.