• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blog URL:  https://xrpcommunity.blog/stealth-to-health-crypto-in-2019/ Is the Cryptomarket finally awakening? I analyze this question & cover all the latest news impacting XRP in today's blog

great read and loved how you articulated the last bit about using intuition.  Intuitively, I'm not sure whether we are more likely to see a crash and burn with BTC such as a 51% attack or a slow fade

This is how I see it as well!  With Xpring; I know Ripple probably sees these incredible projects as liquidity boosters, but if a couple take off in a serious way... well, I see it the way you do a

great read and loved how you articulated the last bit about using intuition.  Intuitively, I'm not sure whether we are more likely to see a crash and burn with BTC such as a 51% attack or a slow fade into irrelevence and this is why I'm "protecting" myself by buying XRP recently.  My intuition screams that we are undervalued and oversold and with my long-term time horizon of 2023-2024+ I'm 90% confident in a very successful partial exit around then.  I feel that if our success hinged on just the cross border use case I'd feel 50% confident but there are just so many wonderful ways XRP can make a dent in the universe.  Thanks for casting a spotlight and helping me think through and vocalize my intuition.

11 minutes ago, aavkk said:

I feel that if our success hinged on just the cross border use case I'd feel 50% confident but there are just so many wonderful ways XRP can make a dent in the universe.

This is how I see it as well! 

With Xpring; I know Ripple probably sees these incredible projects as liquidity boosters, but if a couple take off in a serious way... well, I see it the way you do as well; it's almost like a separate use case area for these other projects that may also have the effect of helping demand plateau at much higher levels. 

As I attempted to communicate in the article, I am very pumped about 2019, but I hear you on the time frame - always good to be patient; usually I don't encounter many people on social media that have time frames measured in years, and it's actually refreshing to see that! 

Thanks @Hodor , the longest bear market and here we few are , Am I a  Optimist ? No !, Unrealistic ? Nope ! ,Dreamer ? Oh maybe a little bit :rolleyes: nothing wrong with that , point is , most here still believe in why we originally had decided  to invest in XRP and I thought this was no get rich quick scenario (would of nice to be wrong) but for me , the path has been made easier because of people like your goodself @Hodor , you've always been steadfast in your blogs and pointed out many things which has helped my education on crypto, as always thanks for all your time and effort, another great blog much appreciated.  The future is bright. 

I think an important unknown that we will see with a broader audience is fresh new inovative ideas to use the "Tech".

Just this morning there was a fund raising commercial that recommended that we donate $10 by texting "Give" to a certain number.....

Why aren't the folks at Ripple getting to the folks at the Red Cross and instead of a text....simply flash a @xrptipbot QR code on the screen and users can scan to send?

Many new ideas for the use are coming.....

4 hours ago, aavkk said:

My intuition screams that we are undervalued and oversold and with my long-term time horizon of 2023-2024+ I'm 90% confident in a very successful partial exit around then.

What success ?  the xrp price or xrp technology worldwide adoption ?  bitcoin price was few cents at the beginning, I suppose if you purchased bitcoin at that price, today price is really a success, but I do not see any success in worldwide adoption of bitcoin...  is obvious xrp fully  adoption can take  some years, but this do not means is possible to reach a good xrp price level starting this spring or summer , as I hope. 

Edited by BibleChronologyXRP
3 hours ago, itcdominic said:

Why aren't the folks at Ripple getting to the folks at the Red Cross and instead of a text

I like that idea. 

I see this as more in Coil's bailiwick than Ripple's but that's splitting hairs.  I can see zerps being used to raise money worldwide.  Philanthropic fund-raising is a legitimate use case, but it also may be risky. 

Sometimes when fund-raising is done, it attracts fraudsters as well, so we'd have to proceed cautiously. 

The "Good Souls Group" was formed to standardize the approaches of using the XRP Tip Bot for fund-raising.  I know @buckor is one of those members, along with many others. 

5 hours ago, BibleChronologyXRP said:

What success ?  the xrp price or xrp technology worldwide adoption ?  bitcoin price was few cents at the beginning, I suppose if you purchased bitcoin at that price, today price is really a success, but I do not see any success in worldwide adoption of bitcoin...  is obvious xrp fully  adoption can take  some years, but this do not means is possible to reach a good xrp price level starting this spring or summer , as I hope. 

As the space matures you’ll see the price of XRP generally correlate more linearly with usage.  I expect there will always be major highs and lows but with significant utility driven demand we will almost certainly see higher lows.  How long until XRP “matures” well that’s certainly a guess and debatable.  You could argue it will never fully mature because of its ability to find new and innovative use cases.  I’ve stated publicly I plan to hold a small % of my holdings indefinitely to make passive income on and pass to my kids but yes, I have exit numbers for most of my holdings.  I just think it’s extremely unlikely those exit #’s will be hit without XRP making a major impact in at least one use case.  So to answer your question I don’t believe it’s likely for me to be “successful” without XRP also being “successful”.

5 hours ago, BibleChronologyXRP said:

Bitwala are xrp and  ripple friendly from the beginning, pool is just an excuse.

I don't follow what you mean by pool, but if you look at the investors for Bitwala, the list includes DCG. 

After I saw that and then noticed the poll results I confess my thought was "It doesn't matter; DCG will tell them not to list XRP."   But that's just me being negative and assuming DCG will play a protectionist role.  

Perhaps they value their return on the overall value of Bitwala's banking business more than they do on protecting their POW investments.  That's my hope, anyway. 

4 minutes ago, aavkk said:

I plan to hold a small % of my holdings indefinitely to make passive income

This is a very exciting option.  And with Ripple's investments in debt tokenization projects, it can and will happen, I predict.

But even at a centralized level - i.e. centralized exchanges, it's already happening.  I think Uphold already has an option (through a partnership business) to provide interest to those that deposit their XRP.  I'm not sure about the details, but they said it was up to 5%. 

1 hour ago, XRPHornets said:

Minor correction on the length of the bear market opinion. 

The bear market may actually be officially shorter than 14/15 if , in the future , we don’t go lower than $3200 BTC as this was reached from previous ATH in less time than the previous bear market of 14/15.

I'd have to check which method of measurement that the analyst I referenced used.  I'm not sure he even disclosed it; if it were me, I'd probably use a moving average of overall market cap and then put a threshold trend time frame to determine when a trend was 'broken' along with perhaps a materiality provision for the amount of market cap involved.

Anecdotally, I do remember the time frame you're referencing as well; but not sure how that would be measured.