Sign in to follow this  
DreXRP

Navin Gupta Interview

I don't remember seeing this bank: 

"Among the latest batch of 13 new financial institutions two banks joined, Euro EximBank and Ali Bank in Kuwait."

Here's some info on it from Wikipedia:

Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait (ABK) is a retail and commercial bank located in Kuwait City, founded in 1967.

"Global Finance Names The 50 Safest Banks In The Middle East 2016"

Edited by VanGogh

27 minutes ago, VanGogh said:

"Among the latest batch of 13 new financial institutions two banks joined, Euro EximBank and Ali Bank in Kuwait."

Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait (ABK) is a retail and commercial bank located in Kuwait City, founded in 1967.

Sorry to be the party pooper, but Ali bank is not using xRapid.  They joined RippleNet:

https://ripple.com/insights/ripplenet-surpasses-200-customers-worldwide/

Ripple, provider of leading enterprise blockchain solutions for payments, announced today that 13 new financial institutions have signed up for the company’s payment network, RippleNet. The companies include Euro Exim Bank, SendFriend, JNFX, FTCS, Ahli Bank of Kuwait, Transpaygo, BFC Bahrain, ConnectPay, GMT, WorldCom Finance, Olympia Trust Company, Pontual/USENDand Rendimento. With these additions, there are now more than 200 customers signed up for RippleNet. JNFX, SendFriend, Transpaygo, FTCS and Euro Exim Bank will leverage the digital asset XRP to source liquidity on-demand when sending payments on behalf of their customers. 

No offense but how many similarly sized banks are there in middle east? I have no clue but e.g. there are only 60 it's easy to make such a list so it might be telling very little.

That's a very positive statement as he's going on record that most of Ripple's established partners are either ready or near ready for XRapid live production.  That tells me that the XRP rails are robust and that we could see the spike in XRP volume and price any day.  I highly doubt we'll get some telegraphed publicly announced date.

1 hour ago, DreXRP said:

It took us two years to acquire the first 100 customers but it took only one year to acquire the next 100

The next stop in this sequence will be an interesting one as it will give us a better indication of expected future rate of growth of signed clients.  Using data points above, did Ripple sign up 100 clients in half the time, or did they double their client base in half the time?  If former, then we could expect the total number to climb to 300 in 6 months and 400 in 9 months; if latter, then that number would be 400 over 6 and 800 over 9.

There will probably be some internal friction (ie limit on number of new clients that can be onboarded using existing implementation team capacity) that will come into play at some point, but nonetheless the future client number data points should be most interesting indeed.

1 minute ago, automatic said:

There will probably be some internal friction (ie limit on number of new clients that can be onboarded using existing implementation team capacity) that will come into play at some point, but nonetheless the future client number data points should be most interesting indeed.

Absolutely. It is addressed some in this current conversation: 

42 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:
1 hour ago, VanGogh said:

No offense but how many similarly sized banks are there in middle east? I have no clue but e.g. there are only 60 it's easy to make such a list so it might be telling very little.

from the article:  "The Middle East is Ripple’s fastest growing market place. While Ripple does not disclose the exact numbers it counts relationships with at least 9 banks from the UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain. The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) was the first bank in the Middle East to sign on to RippleNet in February 2018. Recent FI’s in the Middle East that have signed up include Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait and BFC Bahrain."

3 hours ago, automatic said:

Noted in the latest "Ripple Drop" that they have a priority towards hiring just such a team...

from the article:  "The Middle East is Ripple’s fastest growing market place. While Ripple does not disclose the exact numbers it counts relationships with at least 9 banks from the UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain. The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) was the first bank in the Middle East to sign on to RippleNet in February 2018. Recent FI’s in the Middle East that have signed up include Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait and BFC Bahrain."
Tx for the info but doesn't really answer my question.

1 hour ago, SquaryBone said:
5 hours ago, xrphilosophy said:

Tx for the info but doesn't really answer my question.

Yeah, I don't know either.

Sign in to follow this