XRP4bigDATA

rippled server - validator_list - expiration

Hi friends, we built small cluster of rippled servers, one as validator (more info https://xrp.4bigdata.eu) and two proxy nodes. Everything was smooth and stable.

But this night validator stopped to validate.  I found that the problem might be in the expired list of validators.

"validator_list": {
                "count": 1,
                "expiration": "2019-Feb-06 00:00:00.000000000",
                "status": "active"
            }

I assumed that the list of validators and expiration date is periodically restored by server. It seems not.

Restart of all servers helped, but it is not a solution. Next expiration date on all of them is now  "expiration": "2019-Feb-13 00:00:00.000000000".

I can't find any information about this. We want to do the utmost for a stable and reliable node.

Thanx and have a nice day and greetings from europe.

Jan

The behavior you describe is definitely a bug. The server should automatically refresh the lists that are defined in the configuration.

The bug was recently discovered and a fix has already be made and will be included with the 1.2.0 release of rippled, which should be finalized early next week.

11 minutes ago, XRP4bigDATA said:

super, we will monitor availability and upgrade as soon as we get it

Thanks! Apologies for the inconvenience. With 20/20 hindsight, a hotfix addressing this issue would also have been appropriate.

But you know what they say: you live, you learn.

the fascinating consequence of this failure of the validator is the loss of domain verification xrp.4bigdata.eu (nHDB8VnzxPpvxm3sE4AEjARVmRm6ogQ7474okZVzcpu9AhVEWjHx)

I do not understand the reason, there was only restart, no change of parameters.

I have to ask for domain verification for validator again?