Tinyaccount

Clean up the forum

Mods and all,  I think it’s time we stopped trolls and clickbaiters milking this forum for views.  

We currently have a user endlessly linking (creating?) content on a clear trolling website.  Presumably every click to his trolling clickbait stories funds him through advertising views.

Surely we can have some control of content to stop this kind of blatant abuse.

I am not sure of the best approach,  but at the very least I would timeout that particular user,  and delete his links and retitle his threads.

21 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Mods and all,  I think it’s time we stopped trolls and clickbaiters milking this forum for views.  

We currently have a user endlessly linking (creating?) content on a clear trolling website.  Presumably every click to his trolling clickbait stories funds him through advertising views.

Surely we can have some control of content to stop this kind of blatant abuse.

I am not sure of the best approach,  but at the very least I would timeout that particular user,  and delete his links and retitle his threads.

The flanman at it again I see

Counterpoint:

tr0lley has a significant following on his blog, twitter & reddit and his blog posts about XRP should be critiqued in the "other press" forum, which is designated for blogs. Banning his site would be an embarrassment for this community.

tr0lley's posts are often referenced in no-coiner and crypto communities on Reddit, Rationalwiki and Twitter, as well as by Bitcoin critics like David Gerard and Bitfinexed. They're one retweet away from mainstream media, and that has institutional investor impact.

Banning their discussion here does not make them disappear on the internet: rather, it makes us look like we're unable to respond to the critiques. Press looking for a response to tr0lley would find nothing here. Many would take the site being banned as a sign of its veracity.

I don't link my own sites, I don't even run an XRP site, despite the unhinged conspiracy theory above.

Edited by flanman

6 minutes ago, flanman said:

Banning their discussion here does not make them disappear on the internet: rather, it makes us look like we're unable to respond to the critiques. Many would take the site being banned here as a sign of its veracity.

We know that blog exists. There's no need to link here every new blog post

Make a thread called "Daily FUD Trolling" or whatever you like and put it in there.  (I, also, like to keep an eye on that...)

But this "make a new thread every time some idiot writes a FUD post" thing makes me want to fine you for littering. :)

(The thing that's collapsing your credibility and making people question your motives is that you *know* it's garbage.)

1 hour ago, flanman said:

I don't link my own sites, I don't even run an XRP site, despite the unhinged conspiracy theory above.

Well you set yourself up for people to doubt your motives when you continually linked to a troll site in new threads without any word of explanation or critique.

I also love how you complain about people attacking you but are happy to refer to me as unhinged.

Ok I will for the moment assume you are not either a troll or a clickbaiter...  so how about exercising some adult sensibility instead of shouting FIRE in the cinema as a proof of your right to free speech.  There is absolutely no need to litter the forum with fud and doing the fudders work for them simply as part of an “educational” exercise.

Treat that toxic sludge as exactly what it is and if you must insist on linking it,  at least put it all in one single thread titled “toxic fud” or something equally informative.

Counterpoint:

tr0lley has a significant following on his blog, twitter & reddit and his blog posts about XRP should be critiqued in the "other press" forum, which is designated for blogs. Banning his site would be an embarrassment for this community.

tr0lley's posts are often referenced in no-coiner and crypto communities on Reddit, Rationalwiki and Twitter, as well as by Bitcoin critics like David Gerard and Bitfinexed. They're one retweet away from mainstream media, and that has institutional investor impact.

Banning their discussion here does not make them disappear on the internet: rather, it makes us look like we're unable to respond to the critiques. Press looking for a response to tr0lley would find nothing here. Many would take the site being banned as a sign of its veracity.

I agree they should be discussed..just change the titles or group them in one thread

Counterpoint:

The issue is not that the blog exists, or it needs to be critiqued, but that it litterally spreads false information about Ripple, purposely attacks XRP investors and is quite frankly a stupid blog. 

Some obviously ridiculous statements:

1. Calls XRP 'Ripples'

2. Claims Ripple is not making money from its products like xCurrent.

3. Believes that a business can somehow send multiple transactions using the same XRP - instantly.

Who ever writes this blog has zero understanding of the crypto in question and is agenda driven, not fact driven.

Once it in other press, its fine. I prefer to have separate topics.

@flanman is not guilty.

@Tinyaccount what is this all about? Likebaiting is not profitable? Do you consider to create post and ask mods to remove all scores that were given in Zerppening threads? It will clearly devalue most accounts.