Xrphunter

Former BMG Head Zach Katz Launches Music and Tech Investment Group With Scooter Braun's Ithaca Holdings

22 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

i hope this actually materializes -- so far been mostly hype and no follow-through

let's see!

I think calling it hype is a bit unfair. So many of these kinds of investments are, naturally, in newer companies. We always get distracted by the unicorns that grow to massive scale quickly, but the reality is that most companies take years to grow to an appreciable size. 

I don't say this often enough, but awesome! :D

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/zach-katz-scooter-braun-ithaca-holdings-raised-in-space-1203127860/

Zach Katz, Ex-BMG President, Partners With Scooter Braun on Tech Investment Venture

By SHIRLEY HALPERIN

“Writing the check is easy. Hands-on guidance, time, and strategy is the real investment,” said Katz in announcing the venture. “There has to be consistent collaboration and conversation – we get into the bones of these companies to help them see and reach their highest potential. We will unify the most forward-thinking leaders (the outliers, the out of this world thinkers who feel like they were raised in space) in both music and tech to foster community and ideas that will ultimately catapult the music industry into the future.”

Added Braun: “The relationship between music and tech has massive untapped potential. I’m excited to launch a company focused on bridging these two industries in a transformative and actionable manner that raises the value of music.”

15 minutes ago, GiddyUp said:

Another interesting quote from the Variety article.

The focus of the venture is to raise the value of music as well as innovated the music-tech offerings. In addition, Raised in Space, in partnership with Ripple’s Xpring, will integrate blockchain and the digital asset XRP. The goal, according to an announcement, is “to create a community of experienced music and tech leaders” and to innovate “across the entire music value chain (creation, registration, distribution, fan-engagement, touring/ticketing, monetization).”

Edited by Sebastian