How Ripple Is Screwing XRP Bagholders

12 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

You did? Where? Quotes? 

Here's a thread calling for me to be banned, complete with a conspiracy theory that I'm profiting somehow:

5 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Has it occurred to you to wonder why so many find your actions aggravating and stupid?

It did occur to me to wonder, and here's what I think:

A lot of people are using this forum as therapy for a bad decision they made last year. Personally, I should have sold more at 2.75. I feel guilty I didn't, and will sometimes come to this forum hoping for positive news, any sign of a new bull run.

When I post a blog article that is no less ridiculous or credulous than the ones spammed here daily from "Crypto-gazette-XRP69-420-daily.co.uk", but is instead critical of XRP, it's a break in the echo chamber. People begin to doubt the decision they made in early 2018, and it makes them uncomfortable to varying degrees. For the dumbest of those people, it makes them want to censor that type of speech. To "clean up the forum" of any and all blasphemers.

People would much rather read another hopium link from a random wordpress blog repeating Ripple news from 2017 as if it were new. Or at least, they wouldn't be calling for my head if that's the link I posted.

Edited by flanman
22 minutes ago, flanman said:

People would much rather read another hopium link from a random wordpress blog repeating Ripple news from 2017 as if it were new. Or at least, they wouldn't be calling for my head if that's the link I posted.

Yep! We're not here to read all the reasons why we shouldn't have bought, if we wanted that we'd go to a maximalist forum.

1 hour ago, flanman said:

When I post a blog article that is no less ridiculous or credulous than the ones spammed here daily from "Crypto-gazette-XRP69-420-daily.co.uk", but is instead critical of XRP, it's a break in the echo chamber. 

Being critical must work both ways imo. You don’t rebalance an echochamber by creating another one. Others posting BS doesn’t justify posting opposite BS. 

You’re doing exactly the same you’re accusing others off.

2 hours ago, flanman said:

For the dumbest of those people, it makes them want to censor that type of speech.

Again with the personal attack.  Do you not know any other way of communicating?

But ignoring that and speaking to your point...  your theory about not-selling guilt is a load of hogwash.  People here have a range of motivations and opinions but the bulk of us think that the ATH was just a start.  

So it’s perfectly fine to be a holder if you think that...  there is no guilt,  only impatience.  :) 

But irrespective of price beliefs most everyone here does not want an endless parade of fuddy threads every time that particular idiot farts out another, (let’s be charitable and call it an) article.

You are wittingly or unwittingly doing the fudders work for them when you polute the activity stream with these appallingly inaccurate thread titles.  Call it censorship if you wish to try to make it sound bad,  but really it’s just common sense and a respect for truthful reporting.

19 hours ago, flanman said:

Moderators, do you really allow this kind of garbage in the press section of the https://www.xrpchat.com/ website??? Please end this thread and move it to the directory "Very funny but absolutely unsubstantiated and useless contributions". Thank you.

When people depressed, need something to switch on again the brain, so , write something good how about xrp and ripple are good... and well researched stuff, the only effect and contribution is on your brain, but no effect on real market or XRP price. Web community are public places. Living an open eyes dream.

Edited by BibleChronologyXRP
19 hours ago, Professor Hantzen said:

Banks are XRP "bagholders", and they're tied into restrictive resale-agreements as well. They've purchased a quarter *billion*-worth so far among them - that we know about - directly from Ripple.

Surely all we know is that some "financial institutions" have bought XRP from Ripple. We don't know they were banks. We don't know what they paid for their XRP.

Also I don't see the point in considering "restrictive resale-agreements" when we have no idea what these agreements might be.

6 hours ago, flanman said:

Here's a thread calling for me to be banned, complete with a conspiracy theory that I'm profiting somehow:

It did occur to me to wonder, and here's what I think:

A lot of people are using this forum as therapy for a bad decision they made last year. Personally, I should have sold more at 2.75. I feel guilty I didn't, and will sometimes come to this forum hoping for positive news, any sign of a new bull run.

When I post a blog article that is no less ridiculous or credulous than the ones spammed here daily from "Crypto-gazette-XRP69-420-daily.co.uk", but is instead critical of XRP, it's a break in the echo chamber. People begin to doubt the decision they made in early 2018, and it makes them uncomfortable to varying degrees. For the dumbest of those people, it makes them want to censor that type of speech. To "clean up the forum" of any and all blasphemers.

Uhm.... Feeling guilty?  Or did you invest more than you could afford and expected the bull-run to go way higher than it did? 

Only in a prolonged bear market do people actually take the thoughts of "Trolly McTrollface" seriously.  Just like in a bull market people take "Bearableguy 123" at face value as well. 

I've never been part of system where random cartoonish online personalities pop up out of nowhere -speak their mind- and everyone runs for the hills or celebrates in a jubilee.  Just amazing how easily grifted so many folks are...no confidence whatsoever.

I'm a fan of healthy skepticism- but that would come from news, not skantily clad Op-ED's (Laura Shin, Nate Popper, Francis Coppola, Trolly McTrollface, Bearableguy 123).  

Prefer to get a read on the digital asset (XRP), the market, and the trajectory of the market from Wall Street, hedge fund managers, banks, long time traders/investors, legitimate financial journals et al...