Sign in to follow this  
Dario_o

"Crawl, Walk, Run" $ 1 Bn. XRP transaction

But the memo is from whoever can be bothered to beat the other bored folk to the release transaction.  Anyone can do it.  

So a escrow release memo has as much importance as any post anywhere on the Internet.    I don’t see why anyone even bothers to discuss them.  Oops.  I just did too.    :) 

3 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

But the memo is from whoever can be bothered to beat the other bored folk to the release transaction.  Anyone can do it.  

So basically this is just a transaction to release an escrow which was already supposed to be released but no one triggered the release yet?

2 minutes ago, Dario_o said:

So basically this is just a transaction to release an escrow which was already supposed to be released but no one triggered the release yet?

Yes exactly so.  Anyone can trigger a escrow release after the expiry date.  It does not auto-release.  There seems to be a bit of a game for people to try and be the release agent.  

It's been almost a year and a half since the escrows were announced and this keeps happening every month... The level of understanding of basic transaction types within the wider community is so low... But I guess the percentage of people in the community that care about the technology and what is actually happening is insignificant.

@DividendGamer there's no purchase here, just escrow released. What happens with it we don't know. Yet.

Edited by xp3215233

38 minutes ago, AlibabaGrp said:

This fella doesn't even know what the escrow is... God damn, when I think we've bottomed and the pain is over, I see this **** and I'm like mehh probably not. 

80% of the post on here leave me scratching my head. It’s the little golden nuggets here and there that make it hold it’s weight. There should be a beginners section which requires an exam on Ripple the company and XRP the cryptocurrency to unlock access to normal forums. 

Sign in to follow this