richxrp

Tip: Don't leave your funds on an exchange no matter how much you trust them

9 hours ago, LanaVeil said:

I've found a European exchange. I do not think there can be issues with the exchange regulated in the EU. The law is too strict in here.

Never say never & as much as the UK has great protection for the customers if a bank went bust I certainly wouldn't want to leave such amounts on any exchange & expect the same. Safer not to & there's plenty of options to own your keys, eg if you don't want to buy a ledger there's always the free toast wallet

On 2/6/2019 at 11:20 PM, scoobysi said:

Never say never & as much as the UK has great protection for the customers if a bank went bust I certainly wouldn't want to leave such amounts on any exchange & expect the same. Safer not to & there's plenty of options to own your keys, eg if you don't want to buy a ledger there's always the free toast wallet

But what if people trade every day and all the volume is being used on the exchange?

On 2/13/2019 at 10:33 PM, scoobysi said:

that is a requirement then, can't day trade what you don't have available

I see, of course, if you are a long-term investor, you'd better not risk

On 2/4/2019 at 9:38 AM, Pablo said:

The Quadriga story has plenty of twists and turns and is far from over. Plenty of further info on the “alternative” Reddit page set up to investigate this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/QuadrigaCX2

Now Kraken is offering 100K in rewards for information:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe25bdUGDAQATA6ENMcdspi6fFSzFhmEKUW0N5MAJy_aNy5MQ/viewform

Kraken wants to bring awareness and attention to this case, in hopes that we can help discover some or all of the missing client funds.

Listen and/or watch our podcast to hear the many facts of the case so you can help us solve this mystery. We reveal our own analysis and subjective assessment of the most plausible explanations or theories based on our experience as exchange operators.

EP 3: Chasing the Conspiracy (what we may know)
EP 4: Solving the Conspiracy (what we think happened)

Both found here: https://www.kraken.com/en-us/learn/podcast

Posted (edited)

the space will never grow if people don't use exchanges. Nothing happens if people store coins in offline wallets if exchanges can't be trusted the space surely can't either.

Edited by 010101

3 hours ago, LanaVeil said:

So, the funds are completely lost, aren't they?

I think that the reward is in regards to finding out if this was fraudulent. Even if the guy knew he had limited time to live, he could have decided he'd make an effort to steal the funds from the exchange. It's possible that he had a pattern of suspicious activities to move money so his family, or whomever, could later withdraw the crypto. If the funds are truly stuck in a wallet and nobody knows the private key, then it would be impossible to recover the funds from that wallet.

I mean, it could be possible that the reward is for someone coming forward with the private key, but the reward might not be high enough when that person could just trade and move those funds through Monero or something and then just have multi-millions instead.