Sign in to follow this  
JBW

CoinGate enables native XRP payment option for merchants

Once our vendors will start getting XRP payments, they will have an option to instantly settle the revenue in Euros, Bitcoin, Ether, or keep the funds in XRP – whichever they prefer!

Not in U$A ??

What about Wietse Wind’s Parrot 🦜 app that settles XRP directly to your bank account? Is that available in U$A yet?

1 hour ago, Konan45 said:

why is this not a bigger thread

Its not that huge of a deal. They accept about 40 other cryptos as well, they just added XRP onto the list today.

Still, it could bring in a little more liquidity, and that's good.

3 hours ago, Konan45 said:

why is this not a bigger thread

I don't want to downplay the significance of this news, but isn't the vast majority of people holding their crypto instead of using it in order to, for example, buy online goods? I, for one, will not use crypto to buy goods online, as the value of any digital asset (except for stable coins obviously) is way too volatile. Perhaps I will do so in the future, but this would require the value of digital assets to stablize. 

Edited by PactaSuntServanda
Grammar

This type of retail use of xrp is premature to say the least.

XRP is not intended to be used that way at this stage, if ever.

If you do think of paying for something in xrp then consider this:

Edited by Tinyaccount

https://blog.coingate.com/2019/02/merchant-xrp-payment-option/  Quote  "Some might say that the network is not completely decentralized because at first, the significant part of servers was controlled by a single company. However, this is not the really the case. In fact, there is an ongoing decentralization strategy in place for the further stages of XRP ledger development. Basically, XRP ledger will have even more 3rd party validators joining the club. For each two trusted and highly secure nodes, one node run by developers will be removed. It will further decentralize the network and scale it to better performance at the same time " 

The wording in the coingate blog doesn't sit well with me. 

Edited by Truckdriver

Sign in to follow this