flanman

Ripple’s Lie About Its Santander Partnership

42 minutes ago, flanman said:

When posting a link that's critical of Ripple, you must denounce it.

Totally normal investment community.

I *could* go find several years worth of Ana Botin talking up new tech - and specifically talking Ripple and XRP - not to mention a bunch of her people doing the same (that Ether guy they had running their tech dept recently got fired - er, left to pursue other opportunities - and there's a ton of docs about Santander's tech roadmap out there for the finding).

But... if you cared, truly, you'd just search the forum; most of that stuff has been posted.  So, when I decide to point and laugh when someone who's been around long enough to know better posts a stupid article, well, now you know why.

So... cry about that, if you want, but, I hereby relieve you of this unsolicited and unwarranted concern that you seem to have for my money.

Dismissed.

I would say, that as a rational investor no post should be closed/deleted just because a majority of extremely emotional amateur investors believe it is untrue (this is more in relation to other posts that have been closed on this forum). If anything, it makes my investment feel more scam-like. As you are invested into digital assets, you should now consider yourself at least to some extent as traders. This means unemotional, unbiased assessment of all potential arguments. Also, as an investor in my experience I always seek out the harshest critique of my investment, and if I can personally disprove it/discount all of them it means my investment is sound and depending on the degree to which I can disprove negative arguments drives my confidence in my choice, but also my risk thermostat.

This should be the default for all investors - you should seek negative feedback more than anything, as unfiltered positive reinforcement only drives extreme groupthink and thus a heavily biased view that is unrealistic. This is the basis of scientific thought.

4 minutes ago, Agrilax said:

I would say, that as a rational investor no post should be closed/deleted just because a majority of extremely emotional amateur investors believe it is untrue (this is more in relation to other posts that have been closed on this forum). If anything, it makes my investment feel more scam-like. As you are invested into digital assets, you should now consider yourself at least to some extent as traders. This means unemotional, unbiased assessment of all potential arguments. Also, as an investor in my experience I always seek out the harshest critique of my investment, and if I can personally disprove it/discount all of them it means my investment is sound and depending on the degree to which I can disprove negative arguments drives my confidence in my choice, but also my risk thermostat.

This should be the default for all investors - you should seek negative feedback more than anything, as unfiltered positive reinforcement only drives extreme groupthink and thus a heavily biased view that is unrealistic. This is the basis of scientific thought.

Thanks, Professor, though I note that you opened with a soft distancing of your general lecture from applying to this particular post - may I presume that's because you simply agreed with what mostly everyone else here said, i.e., that it was (please pardon me for using a term of art) "garbage"?  (That would have cut your lecture a bit short, perhaps?)

While I'm at it, I happened to notice that you're a member of one of the many "Tinfoil" clubs;  you're just in there to "help" them all stay "rational", I presume, Dr. Livingstone?  :P

13 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

Thanks, Professor, though I note that you opened with a soft distancing of your general lecture from applying to this particular post - may I presume that's because you simply agreed with what mostly everyone else here said, i.e., that it was (please pardon me for using a term of art) "garbage"?  (That would have cut your lecture a bit short, perhaps?)

While I'm at it, I happened to notice that you're a member of one of the many "Tinfoil" clubs;  you're just in there to "help" them all stay "rational", I presume, Dr. Livingstone?  :P

I'm in there to obtain information that would otherwise not be available, and then clarify/approve/disprove of the facts myself through my own further research and analysis. You should never discount posts based on pure emotion, let everyone have their say and if it is backed up by facts that you can personally clarify, it is another data input to the overall equation that may prove/disprove your investment decision.

I was actually banned from one of these groups from throwing some hard logic/truths at flat earth theorists (that bg123 group) that they were clearly offended by/had no comeback for.

1 hour ago, Agrilax said:

I'm in there to obtain information that would otherwise not be available, and then clarify/approve/disprove of the facts myself through my own further research and analysis. You should never discount posts based on pure emotion, let everyone have their say and if it is backed up by facts that you can personally clarify, it is another data input to the overall equation that may prove/disprove your investment decision.

I was actually banned from one of these groups from throwing some hard logic/truths at flat earth theorists (that bg123 group) that they were clearly offended by/had no comeback for.

Right.

Back to the original question:  You think the original post is in this thread is garbage, too - and want to avoid it like the hot garbage it is - just like the rest of us, correct? :)

(Noting, as given, your principled stand for criticial inquiry and objective analysis, and puppies and kittens and stuff, you know, for the record - I'd still like a direct answer.)

Do you think the original post is factual / rational?

You can say it.  We all know you think it.  It's okay.

Edited by NightJanitor

3 hours ago, Agrilax said:

I'm in there to obtain information that would otherwise not be available, and then clarify/approve/disprove of the facts myself through my own further research and analysis.

Can’t wait for it.  Can you give the preliminary results of your research and analysis to clarify/approve/disprove the facts of the  obtained information that otherwise would not be available? 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

5 hours ago, flanman said:

When posting a link that's critical of Ripple, you must denounce it.

Totally normal investment community.

Are you a member of the famous cult against criticism on critical Ripple posts by any chance?  The notorious “ contrarian and rational view” cult?  The “ save innocent investors from emotional decisions by posting nonsense articles without any comments” cult?  

8 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Can’t wait for it.  Can you give the preliminary results of your research and analysis to clarify/approve/disprove the facts of the  obtained information that otherwise would not be available? 

Thanks for that.. It gets better every time I read it.. LOL