flanman

Ripple’s Lie About Its Santander Partnership

7 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Come to think of it:  

This is a clear case of “ contrarian view profiling”  imo.

1. Post an absolute nonsense FUD article without additional comments

2. Wait for the anti FUD reactions

3. Call them out for disliking “ contrarian views” 

4. Play the victim of so called “ hypers” 

Nice. 

This!!!  

So tranparent. 

12 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Maybe you should have, just to make clear where you stand regarding this absolute nonsense article.

What is your proposal? Ban the people who are calling you out for posting FUD?

My proposal is to not ban me for posting a link about XRP being discussed on social media.

I need to pledge allegiance before posting now? Pretty cultish.

11 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Come to think of it:  

This is a clear case of “ contrarian view profiling”  imo.

1. Post an absolute nonsense FUD article without additional comments

2. Wait for the anti FUD reactions

3. Call them out for disliking “ contrarian views” 

4. Play the victim of so called “ hypers” 

Nice. 

What planet did this happen on?

Can you point out where I had issue with people who disagree with the article, rather than those who are upset with the messenger?

Edited by flanman

35 minutes ago, flanman said:

Pretty weak response to a good suggestion: "Maybe you should have, just to make clear where you stand regarding this absolute nonsense article."

This is a discussion forum, providing personal perspective on links you post seems like good practice to me. In particular for obvious troll / fud articles.

3 hours ago, flanman said:

My proposal is to not ban me for posting a link about XRP being discussed on social media.

What planet did this happen on?

Can you point out where I had issue with people who disagree with the article, rather than those who are upset with the messenger?

Your objective/motive is clear from how you chose to title your thread: "Ripple's lie....."  Any argument to the contrary is pure BS imho, as you clearly prejudged Ripple from the get-go, without making any attempt to either confirm or disprove the veracity of the information within the referenced article. I for one love when someone points to possible flaws in either Ripple's vision or in their execution of their objective, as it encourages me to dig deeper into the available facts. Posts such as yours anger the xrp community because they're so transparent in their intent, and the frequency of this and of similar FUD attempts becomes annoying for those of us with an open mind to both the negative and the positive. 

15 hours ago, kanaas said:

Indeed and nobody wants that hype but FUD based on lies are much worse (I guess) as it gives a very wrong view on the company.

Nah, they are both equally as bad. Hype is just selling investors on empty promises. That's why in regulated industries, it can get you fined or thrown in jail. 

FUD can be grounds from Defamation. But since this is crypto and we're not significant players, there's very few cosequences.

On 1/31/2019 at 11:42 PM, flanman said:

This community would be so much better without all the hopium and fud extremes. One of the main reasons why I'm not so active here anymore.

Had you bothered to offer your opinion on this piece you would have perhaps received a more positive response, but to just post a link (and a title with the same name) is very suspicious. Not to mention the accuracy of the anonymous content in the link - did you even read it ?

Judging by this and your last thread : flanman = Trolly McTrollface.

Edited by sjmusic3

I’m tired of people calling out Hopium.  It’s become fashionable to decry this evil “hopium”.  The fact is that this thing COULD explode in value over time.  It could also collapse.  But anyone who thinks it could go high should not be castigated for their belief...  they have sensible reasons.  To list them would take pages and pages.

On the other hand...  someone spreading fud is just plain nasty and malicious.  They are trolls, or have fiscal rewards, or they are have a vested interest in POW coins.

Now please don’t tell me that we need to protect innocent investors from hope.  That hype MAKES them invest.  Fact is that kind of thinking ends up with a nanny state.  

Anyone saying they think $50,000 by next week is obviously delusional and they shouldn’t be a factor in anyone’s decision making...  so it is a sliding scale and what anyone feels is “reasonable” depends on many factors.

If you find yourself using the word Hopium as derogatory please consider examining your thinking...  Do you think your abilities are superior, and your analytical skills better, than the idiot you are trying to protect?  That they should come to you for advice...  what makes you sure that you are right?  

Because as far as I can see XRP is unprecedented and no one knows what will happen.

On 2/2/2019 at 10:03 AM, Cobalt said:

Don't need to be touchy. Let's look at the facts:

a. The domain name was registered a few weeks ago:

Raw WHOIS Record (https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=tr0lly.com)

Domain Name: TR0LLY.COM

Registry Domain ID: 2349102734_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com

Registrar URL: http://tucowsdomains.com

Updated Date: 2019-01-04T10:33:09

Creation Date: 2019-01-02T16:34:18

b. The web-site doesn't have a proper SSL/TLS certificate set up on its server. The certificate being used is meant for the domain *.serveriai.lt

c. The article is based on wild unproven allegations and many other forum members have already pointed that the allegations have been disproved by verifiable sources

d. After this hoohah, instead of acknowledging the error of your ways, you lambasted those who pointed out the unwarranted biases in the linked article

There is a significant difference between people who provide blind support and those who give legitimate support for proven facts, and I believe the majority of the members on this forum are intelligent and reasonable individuals belonging to the latter.

This is the correct answer, but deleting the post does not allow other user who heard about this "FUD" to get in touch with facts.

I hope this place will never delete "FUD" post but keep them and discuss them, this is how people learn. 

when you see the ripple reddit, it's terrible looks like a cult.

Edited by ced

I'm still waiting to see if you can quote me having issue with people who disagree with the blog post.

My issue is with those who want to censor blasphemy, and those who put words in my mouth.

Edited by flanman

54 minutes ago, flanman said:

and those who put words in my mouth.

Which they did because you posted the article without any additional comments or opinion. But that has been said 67 times already.  Instead of giving your opinion, you’re stuck in phase 4:

- playing the innocent victim. 

But believe me: you know exactly what you’re doing, nothing innocent about you.

13 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Which they did because you posted the article without any additional comments or opinion. But that has been said 67 times already.  Instead of giving your opinion, you’re stuck in phase 4:

- playing the innocent victim. 

But believe me: you know exactly what you’re doing, nothing innocent about you.

Straight up cult.

1 hour ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Oh lol, it took you just 13 hours to come to phase 5 :  the denial phase. 

Curious about phase 6. 

When posting a link that's critical of Ripple, you must denounce it.

Totally normal investment community.