• Advertisement

SBI will increase the full-scale efforts of R3's Corda and XRP use cases.

I've been reading through the 100's of pages in the first SBI link (amazing stuff!) and this is some of what I've found - Wow!  Thanks for posting these links.

pg#127 "Full-scale efforts towards increasing financial services using U.S. R3’s Corda and XRP use cases

pg#136 "R3–Ripple solution: Become a global standard for financial operations such as international money transfers and trade finance

pg#138 "Promoting utilization of Corda and XRP on S Coin Platform as a New Mechanism

pg#138 "Corda Settler global settlements application XRP, as the first cryptocurrency supported by Corda Settler, demonstrates a high affinity with Corda Transitioning to a  highly convenient global platform through the introduction of Corda Settler on the S Coin platform

2 minutes ago, WuWei said:

I wanna start doing some good for others who are so much less fortunate than myself - that's what's go me so excited that I can barely contain myself. The fuse has been lit!

Me too.

Without sounding too much like a cxnt, it actually becomes a selfish act to help others out because it makes you feel just better than a  Lambo/jewellry etc etc

Edited by XRPHornets
9 minutes ago, WuWei said:

The page #136 statement really says it all: "Become a global standard for financial operations such as international money transfers and trade finance."  This goes well beyond "just" int'l money transfers, but seeks to make the R3-Ripple solution A GLOBAL STANDARD mind you, for trade finance as well. I don't pretend to know the ramifications of what role, or even exactly what is trade finance, but I can tell that this isn't small potatoes by any stretch of the imagination. Wow, I just might be able to become the philanthropist of my dreams after all - no Lambo for this bad boy, I wanna start doing some good for others who are so much less fortunate than myself - that's what's go me so excited that I can barely contain myself. The fuse has been lit!

54 minutes ago, XRPHornets said:

Me too.

Without sounding too much like a cxnt, it actually becomes a selfish act to help others out because it makes you feel just better than a  Lambo/jewellry etc etc

You can frame it in any manner that you wish, but with the profession that I recently retired from, I found that my ability to buy myself all the 'best' of what money had to offer, rang hollow with me. It matters not whether I'm doing something as simple as picking up trash, helping out an animal in distress or just helping my children, it's what I do for others that lets me find peace within myself. I can't rationalize why I'm so fortunate when so many in this world struggle just to survive, and yes, this is but one small way that I can feel better about myself. Just today I read this about the dire situation in Venezuela:  "In Venezuela, from 2014 to 2017, the poverty rate has increased to 87% from 48%, and the average Venezuelan living in poverty lost 11.2 kilograms (24.7 pounds) of body weight in 2017, with a quarter of the population eating two or fewer meals a day, according to a recent study."  I have to say though, it wasn't me who called you out on sounding like an ungrateful a c***t, you did it to yourself.  The next time you're grocery shopping think about just how fortunate you truly are.....

Edited by WuWei
1 hour ago, WuWei said:

pg#138 "Promoting utilization of Corda and XRP on S Coin Platform as a New Mechanism

pg#138 "Corda Settler global settlements application XRP, as the first cryptocurrency supported by Corda Settler, demonstrates a high affinity with Corda Transitioning to a  highly convenient global platform through the introduction of Corda Settler on the S Coin platform

This is very good to see. I had questions about S Coin.

1 hour ago, WuWei said:

I've been reading through the 100's of pages in the first SBI link (amazing stuff!) and this is some of what I've found - Wow!  Thanks for posting these links.

pg#127 "Full-scale efforts towards increasing financial services using U.S. R3’s Corda and XRP use cases

pg#136 "R3–Ripple solution: Become a global standard for financial operations such as international money transfers and trade finance

SBI clearly moving into a lead role for what is to become the new financial world.

8 hours ago, WuWei said:

Just today I read this about the dire situation in Venezuela:  "In Venezuela, from 2014 to 2017, the poverty rate has increased to 87% from 48%, and the average Venezuelan living in poverty lost 11.2 kilograms (24.7 pounds) of body weight in 2017, with a quarter of the population eating two or fewer meals a day, according to a recent study.

That does it , I'm off to Venezuela,  years of a truck driving diet and gaining all this weight all I need to do is move there , I'm in , forget all those fancy diets and Jenny Craig,  FYI Miss Venezuela often features in Miss World's top 10 , win win win,  In saying all that I appreciate your why for XRP succeeding,  good for you.

23 minutes ago, Truckdriver said:

That does it , I'm off to Venezuela,  years of a truck driving diet and gaining all this weight all I need to do is move there , I'm in , forget all those fancy diets and Jenny Craig,  FYI Miss Venezuela often features in Miss World's top 10 , win win win,  In saying all that I appreciate your why for XRP succeeding,  good for you.

You might just single-handedly bring up the national average weight in Venezuela by 50% with your move there.

16 hours ago, XRPHornets said:

Even if XRP never takes hold in the west, it seems clear that Asia wants an alternative to the current situation of being beholden to US dollar and US big banks.

Yep there's no rule that says Washington has to run the show. In fact, it's tough to imagine but once upon a time decisions made by the Bank of England caused financial crises in the US, not the other way round. Personally I'd prefer a more multipolar world. If one of those poles was in Tokyo, that wouldn't be too bad at all.