Corda and XRP will it increase the price?

I have  question that I hope someone knows the answer to.

Swift is partnering with R3 and using Corda which supports XRP, but does it transact through exchanges, if not how will it effect the price.

R3 holds about 5 Billion xrp, so what is stopping them transacting the payment through Corda and settling with xrp off the exchanges, which would allow them to price xrp at anything they want, as long as the transaction were kept in house.

For example couldn't they spread there 5 Billion xrp across 20 different countries, and build there own in house exchanges in those countries, therefore eliminating and volatility. 

I understand that xrapid works with exchanges which is good for us Hodlers, but not to sure about Corda.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even if SWIFT won't use XRP and even if R3 members/Corda users would get an extra option, i.e. to settle their Corda based trade via the old fashioned slow and expensive nostro/vostro way (an option t

There is no real world use case for such a thing.  But seriously though, I suspect we will be able to tell when the trade volume on the XRP ledger starts to pick up and we WILL feel the effects. 

Swift is not going to use XRP through Corda, at least not for a few years. First of all the integration is proof of concept that will go on in September 2019 and is stated by R3 to be Fiat to Fiat. Se

Swift is not going to use XRP through Corda, at least not for a few years. First of all the integration is proof of concept that will go on in September 2019 and is stated by R3 to be Fiat to Fiat. Second Swift CEO on the panel with Brad had bashed XRP with B.S. because they know their payment systems are not going anywhere. Third hey won't use XRP until they are about to go under because they don't want to support Ripple, along with clearer regulations within major countries. SWIFT originally said they don't see blockchain as a threat, a year and a half later they partner with a blockchain company to plug into GPI. SWIFT will eventually either join or burn and are only delaying the inevitable. But I don't want to keep hearing false hipe with Corda and Swift using XRP. Just look at it as a positive that Swift is forced to attempt to innovate to try and delay Ripple from taking their clients.

1 hour ago, Naimless said:

Swift is never going to use XRP, it is a messaging service not a settlement system.

Except Corda settles in XRP, and only XRP as its bridge asset. So SWIFT plugs into the GPI and...?

Why on earth would they want to undercut the 1.2 billion xrp they own?  It’s all very well inventing schemes but you need a plausible motive.  This idea would undercut their very own asset...  that’s nuts and wouldn’t happen.

2 hours ago, PactaSuntServanda said:

I've been asking myself this question as well, but I haven't found the answer yet. 

Same answer as “Why don’t more people shoot themselves in their foot?  The have guns....  why on earth don’t they use them to blow a hole in their own foot?”

Because it’s daft is why.

Even if SWIFT won't use XRP and even if R3 members/Corda users would get an extra option, i.e. to settle their Corda based trade via the old fashioned slow and expensive nostro/vostro way (an option that they already have outside of Corda), that still wouldn't be bad for XRP as it would give aspiring R3 members/Corda users an upgrade path ... a paradigm shift doesn't occur in a month or two ...

In the end people will use what they like best ... very difficult to beat fast, cheap & reliable ... usually it's pick two ... or even less :)

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

Why on earth would they want to undercut the 1.2 billion xrp they own?  It’s all very well inventing schemes but you need a plausible motive.  This idea would undercut their very own asset...  that’s nuts and wouldn’t happen.

Same answer as “Why don’t more people shoot themselves in their foot?  The have guns....  why on earth don’t they use them to blow a hole in their own foot?”

Because it’s daft is why.

I don't really get your logic. All I was trying to say is there has been a lot of hype since yesterday, but I like to dig a deeper in order to understand how the usage of XRP on the Corda Settler is going to increase the value of our digital asset. According to your logic, it would be nuts if R3 would undercut its own asset. That still doesn't answer the question posed by the OP. 

Edited by Guest
8 hours ago, PactaSuntServanda said:

I don't really get your logic.

It’s simple...  R3 have a huge stack of xrp.  The single biggest win they can have is if the XRP price rises.  They have 1.2 billion reasons, and a major stockholder in SBI wanting the same, to do things to advance the XRP ecosystem and add to liquidity and to the price.

So the OP suggestion that they would hop off into a walled garden and undercut their own xrp price is totally ludicrous.

8 hours ago, PactaSuntServanda said:

in order to understand how the usage of XRP on the Corda Settler is going to increase the value of our digital asset.

Corda can settle in XRP.  That eliminates the need for Nostro accounts.  A huge saving.  It doesn’t have SWIFT fees.  SBI is creating a huge custody and exchange ecosystem.  Fidelity and others also add custody options.

Price rises when everyone wants and uses an asset.  It is as simple as that.

So the OP question of why wouldn’t they lock themselves away from the global price discovery system so that they can operate in a walled garden is like asking ‘Why not shoot yourself in the foot?’.

14 hours ago, nicktemple said:

I have  question that I hope someone knows the answer to.

Swift is partnering with R3 and using Corda which supports XRP, but does it transact through exchanges, if not how will it effect the price.

R3 holds about 5 Billion xrp, so what is stopping them transacting the payment through Corda and settling with xrp off the exchanges, which would allow them to price xrp at anything they want, as long as the transaction were kept in house.

For example couldn't they spread there 5 Billion xrp across 20 different countries, and build there own in house exchanges in those countries, therefore eliminating and volatility. 

I understand that xrapid works with exchanges which is good for us Hodlers, but not to sure about Corda.

Wouldn't it be easier to fork their own coin then?

47 minutes ago, manateehunter said:

Wouldn't it be easier to fork their own coin then?

Not to sure, not that tech savy to know how that would work.

14 minutes ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

Is someone going to question this? To my knowledge, publicly we do not know if R3 even holds XRP.

It was pure speculation i know, Ripple and R3 came to a settlement over the 5 billion xrp, but settlement number to my knowledge had not been released.