Man, I can actually feel the XRP-part of my limited brain capacity expand for every blogpost you publish Hodor.

No other crypto community have people of your capacity in the drivers seat.

Hope everyone reading gets an invite for a Coil-account and uses it to support Hodors work.

https://coil.com/signup

Lots of interesting anecdotes.  Like you I can hardly believe what I have stumbled into. It really is a moment of history in the making and the community is still small enough to have a village mentality.  In a village everyone with an opinion can make a contribution.

Today feels especially epic:  The public acknowledgement that SWIFT are linking with R3 and R3 are linking Ripple/XRP is a moment of history happening in front of our eyes.  We witnessed it.  We invested in it.  We are experiencing things happening that will change the way we live together on our over crowded planet.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Wow Hodor!  This!!!  Thank You for this post as it hits right to the heart of what I believe will be ultimately become the most significant development in future of xrp: namely the trifecta of philanthropy, research, and community. The potential for tiny amounts of xrp, donated from literally tens, or even hundreds of millions of caring individuals, has the power to change the world in ways not even imaginable. After reading about the tip-bot, just such a 'small' idea sprung to my mind, however, I'm such a tech noob that i'm clueless how to bring it to fruition. However, it dawned on me that if I was having philanthropic ideas like this, then I'm not alone, and I've been amped-up ever since. I just returned from a six day music festival at sea called JamCruise, where I had the pleasure to do a day of service in Belize, through a group called Positive Legacy. Over 150 of us plunked down $75 to have the opportunity to volunteer our efforts doing everything from painting, planting trees, laying concrete, etc, etc, for a rudimentary 14,000 acre howler monkey sanctuary, out in the middle of nowhere. Seven small villages border this preserve, and the villagers have been working for decades to develop it into a source of livelihood for themselves and their children. I witnessed first hand what a large group of individuals can do when they come together to help others. I am stirred to the core and this post of yours highlights exactly the potential good that can come when people share their ideas and join together to support a cause. The world is what we make of it and I'm more optimistic than ever that we now stand on the precipice of a technology whose potential has the power to change the world. I left Belize literally with tears in my eyes, dreaming that someday I might return to that sanctuary, with the power of xrp behind me. Thank You again Hodor, yes, each and every one of us can make a difference.  

3 hours ago, WuWei said:

The world is what we make of it and I'm more optimistic than ever that we now stand on the precipice of a technology whose potential has the power to change the world. I left Belize literally with tears in my eyes, dreaming that someday I might return to that sanctuary, with the power of xrp behind me. 

Unreal. 

Sometimes I'm just astounded at the international reach of crypto, and specifically XRP. 

This is a fantastic story & I'm grateful that you shared it here; I think the world needs to be reminded that we share the planet with other species and have a duty to invest and support technology that will protect the planet instead of cashing it in for a few Bitcoins.  In my last blog, I wrote about the detrimental effects of proof-of-work mining on the environment, and your post just reminded me in the most direct fashion how important that is, especially given how the Earth is warming. 

I hope that you are able to use the XRP Tip Bot in the way that you would like, to help fund a preserve.  I'd contact KingBlue on Twitter to get his take on what he recommends for next steps. 

The above post details what he recommends that others should look for in a charity, so by definition it also contains what he recommends a charity should exhibit when using the XRP Tip Bot for fundraising.  Essentially, it's the flip side of the coin. 

Hope that gets you started & thanks for sharing! 

Edited by Hodor

Thx Hodor. My first step will be to see how twitter actually works, and I guess, sign up for an account there. I wasn't kidding about being a 'noob' as I don't even use instagram either. The idea that came to my mind would be to start a travel blog, whereby myself, or some other motivated individuals, would visit places the world over, such as the one in Belize, with the express purpose of highlighting them so that others, through massive amounts of tiny tip-bot donations, could literally change their world. XRP is the only means that I know of, where small, easily affordable donations of even only twenty or thirty cents, has the potential, when multiplied by millions or even tens of millions of donations, could have the potential to bring about significant change in parts of the world so much less fortunate than we are here. If anyone's interested or willing to take this idea and run with it, I would be forever grateful. 

Thanks @Hodor , a very thought provoking blog , one that makes you look inward and do some self evaluation. There is some amazing talented people on this forum that don't hesitate to give their point of view with references to aid their thoughts. The people on here are such a diverse group of individuals,  with many different mindsets and reasons for being here. I think we find motivation in positivity  and negativity. In saying that , I try to stay away from negative people,  they find a problem for every solution. That includes most news sources,  nowadays it's doom and gloom that sells . But wow ,have we had a truly awesome month of great news and you bloggers and you tubers are letting the masses here your thoughts, please keep it up . Maybe a trillionaire is already in the community. Thanks Hodor ,a voice of reason.  

I'll also add, that when I read about Ripple's complete funding of Donors Choose, that I knew that this was the beginning of something not only beautiful, but revolutionary as well. I'm impressed with the team behind Ripple beyond words as I believe that they're on the cusp of changing the world in ways that many of us are yet to even imagine.