zerpdigger

Ripple Has Signed Up A Bank To Use XRP For Payments. So What?

1 minute ago, Freaky said:

If your bank has run a POC, the numbers will be there. How much money is being saved using Ripples software over GPI ?

Yawn. 

First disclose the exact numbers of the POC  and the name of your bank.  Mister “ fancy buzzwords made up by academics”. Sir “ I work for a big bank, we did a POC with xCurrent but no real savings came out, so other banks won’t use it either” 

1 minute ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Yawn. 

First disclose the exact numbers of the POC  and the name of your bank.  Mister “ fancy buzzwords made up by academics”. Sir “ I work for a big bank, we did a POC with xCurrent but no real savings came out, so other banks won’t use it either” 

I never said anything about other banks not using it. You made that up.

6 minutes ago, Freaky said:

I never said anything about other banks not using it. You made that up.

So you do believe other banks are and/or will use XRP ? Tell me. 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
Speak out man! What are your real thoughts? Don’t be afraid. We already guessed them anyway.

6 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

So you do believe other banks are and/or will use XRP ? Tell me. 

I can't comment on what other banks are doing.

I do believe banks will likely leverage both platforms in time. It's not one or the other.

XRP usage is still very speculative, only time will tell. 

Whatever tech they use, it won't make any difference to the consumer. 

Edited by Freaky

I just LOVE the last part of the FUD Evolves post:  "....it's only a matter of time before some new tech comes along and knocks them out of their #1 spot....I mean hell, they did it to SWIFT right....?"  

Edited by WuWei

4 minutes ago, Freaky said:

XRP usage is still very speculative, only time will tell. 

That’s the spirit!  So there’s a possibility it will be a groundbreaking succes! ( until now all your posts suggested otherwise, sometimes explicitly,  in tone of voice always).  Carry on and educate yourself a bit more about the developments of future banking that already are set in and are already affecting customers.  A brave new world will open itself right before your eyes.

Goodnight.

:lazy:

14 minutes ago, Freaky said:

Edited 9 minutes ago by Freaky

Oh man. This edit ruined everything. You’re wrong on so many levels with this statement .  Are you sure you’re a tech guy??   Or just a fax repair mechanic?  

14 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Oh man. This edit ruined everything. You’re wrong on so many levels with this statement .  Are you sure you’re a tech guy??   Or just a fax repair mechanic?  

Banks are already I.T shops.

They are there to make profit, not help consumers. If they cared for consumers credit cards wouldn't exist.

3 hours ago, WuWei said:

The crazy thing is, that once it's dirt cheap to send payments of less than $1, a world-wide market of almost unimaginable size will surely spring up from this. If you take even "just" 25¢, and then multiply that by millions or even tens of millions, the potential for the creation of new business ideas is mind boggling.  Imagine for example, a single mom somewhere in a third world country with several children. Through her village, she's able to gain internet access.  She can now offer her hand woven, palm-frond origami characters, for 'only' 25¢ apiece, and receive payments via xrp. She and her children, and eventually, maybe even her entire village, now have a viable means to generate an economy that wasn't previously feasible. These "micro" transactions make for nearly endless possibilities. The fuse has been lit......

This is what excites me.

So many choices for consumers and opportunities for creative people worldwide.

It offers a level playing field though and I can see why this might scare big business.

Good question. The issue at hand is Ripple stating an amount of $5T that can be released, while Mrs. Coppola states that that amount is just a flow.
First, tbh I haven't seen the number $5T mentioned explicitly in the McKinsey report, even though that number hasn't been debated itself.
Second, if $5T would be flowing continuously, one could argue that it's actually locked ... so we'd need to know the volume that flows per time period.

I don't know enough about Mrs. Coppola in order to be able to say anything about her motives and objectives ...

The reports speaks about a total of 27T balance in transactional accounts (not clear if that is all nostro?) and 134T global payments FLOW

56 minutes ago, kanaas said:

The reports speaks about a total of 27T balance in transactional accounts (not clear if that is all nostro?) and 134T global payments FLOW

I wish I had flow like that.

3 hours ago, Freaky said:

So the history of more efficiency in industries lowering prices to consumers because of the competition doesn’t apply to banks?

They have a magic barrier to competitive pressures?  Cool...  could you elaborate how they do that?

I’m sure the couriers and pc manufacturers and electronics industries and the myriad of others would like to ringfence their industries too.  So please do share the secret banking sauce.   :) 

3 hours ago, Freaky said:

Banks are already I.T shops.

They are there to make profit, not help consumers. If they cared for consumers credit cards wouldn't exist.

Banks make profits by HELPING consumers with financial matters. “Caring” for you, is your parent’s job.

Blaming a credit card for personal debt is like blaming a needle for becoming a drug addict.