retep

Are crypto's a dying hype like second life was?

Second Life didn't fail. Other games such as WoW and Start Citzen (just a couple of the more known games) took that idea to allow players spend real money to buy in-game currency that they can then be used to pimp out your avatar/ship, buy ships and weapons, etc...

Edited by TheXRPer

Years ago I bought Apple stock because I believed in their graphical user interface tech when almost no one else did. My $18 per share investment eventually grew to over $30 and I cashed out feeling pretty good at the time. I bought Facebook when it first came out at around $30 only to see it quickly lose half of it's value. I stayed the course until it broke $100, and then once again, I sold. I did essentially the same thing with Netflix as well. What am I getting at here? It's very easy to doubt yourself when the performance of an investment doesn't meet your expectations based on what you believe is a ground-breaking technology. We are early in this cycle and everything points to an almost unimaginable palette of use-cases for xrp as it literally builds out the foundation for the IoV.  I consider myself fortunate to have identified what I perceive to be an absolutely brilliant collection of talent working to re-write a major component of world-wide human interaction - the exchange of value. Even just the potential for philanthropy alone is beyond my comprehension. The progress may seem frustratingly slow, but the objective is worthy, and the ramifications of Ripple succeeding in this endeavor are almost mind boggling. 

8 hours ago, retep said:

Until a few years ago we had the game second life, and there were alot of people and even banks and goverments that invested alot of money

in that game but now that hype is al over, so i wonder if the same wil happen to the crypto hype, because i stepped into cryptos a year ago,

and when i would step out at this moment then i would loose alot of money, so hodl was the advice and i did hodl, but al i see is my investment 

dry up up like snow in the sun, so wil we see another rocket to the moon, or do people lost interest and are crypto's dying a slow death?

I bought alot xrp at 2 dollars, and now a year later it's below 30 cents, so i really start to worry if i ever wil see at least my investment back.

Until a few months ago i did read alot on this forum about price predictions and that we have to hodl because the rocket could/would lift off

anytime soon, but it looks more like a rocket that burns itself deeper and deeper into the ground, so where is this all going to?  

The market is still correcting from the crazy bull run of late 2017.  The global market cap keeps decreasing, but the technology keeps getting better, so eventually the market cap will have to reflect the increased utility of these global crypto networks.  Look at Amazon. It started out as a freakin' online bookstore. Now it's the most valuable public company in the world.

I only hodl.  Yeah, it's risky, but keep in mind, as the market cap gets lower and lower, it's ability to spring back multiple times its current value is greatly increased because, for example, growing 50% over a current market cap of 114 B USD is much easier than growing 50% over say 500 B USD global market cap, and as the market cap gets lower this "spring back" effect potential gets bigger and bigger.

9 hours ago, retep said:

Until a few years ago we had the game second life, and there were alot of people and even banks and goverments that invested alot of money

in that game but now that hype is al over, so i wonder if the same wil happen to the crypto hype, because i stepped into cryptos a year ago,

and when i would step out at this moment then i would loose alot of money, so hodl was the advice and i did hodl, but al i see is my investment 

dry up up like snow in the sun, so wil we see another rocket to the moon, or do people lost interest and are crypto's dying a slow death?

I bought alot xrp at 2 dollars, and now a year later it's below 30 cents, so i really start to worry if i ever wil see at least my investment back.

Until a few months ago i did read alot on this forum about price predictions and that we have to hodl because the rocket could/would lift off

anytime soon, but it looks more like a rocket that burns itself deeper and deeper into the ground, so where is this all going to?  

I do not want to do a personal attack or give free offense, but I think to pair second life with cryptocurrency sound a little sick to me..

44 minutes ago, BibleChronologyXRP said:

Everyone have the crystal ball , the problem is that it does not work

The reason being is there are infinitely many ways to predict an incorrect future outcome, but only one of the outcomes will be correct, unless you make suffcient reasonable generalizations, like the market cap will be greater than it currently is by the end of the year, then you got decent chance of guessing correctly in terms of either being right or wrong, but not wrong in infinitely many possible ways, by saying specific numbers or specific dates, but the more you try to pinpoint, the more you're entering into "lottery" territory in which you have a high chance of being wrong.

Anyway, what are the odds that all public cryptos now and future ones never succeed?  I would say the odds are very low.

Edited by enrique11

It needs to be cautious of a selling pressure before the Chinese New Year. 
February 5 is the New Year which is the most important traditional public holiday in China. 
It must be cautious also of the risk of the bit coin sale by a large quantity. 
In order that Chinese people may purchase travel expense and a present one week before the lunar New Year, they convert crypto into money. 
The culture which celebrates the lunar New Year reaches not only China but Southeast Asia, such as Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia. 

Asia will wake up in a few hours.

Edited by jabit

10 hours ago, Fazzyfocus said:

Macro charts are consistent in BTC pattern on the log scale

Thank you for your perspective. I agree using the log scale on the weekly chart. I like your chart, but I raise you my chart.

It might be a little overkill for me sharing this post, so if you seen this just ignore it. 

7 hours ago, Marc_Royale said:

The chinese new year and tax returns are coming, moon soon.

This can be for real, not a big moon, but maybe a little moon, I only hope after 5 feb because can only send bank wire to kraken or bitstamp on the 1 feb, so I finally reach my xrp minimum  target, that was never reached in all these 1,6 years of investment... :JC_coffee2: