retep

Are crypto's a dying hype like second life was?

2 hours ago, retep said:

bought alot xrp at 2 dollars, and now a year later it's below 30 cents, so i really start to worry if i ever wil see at least my investment back.

I brought some at ATH , hmmm regret it ? No ! I don't think anyone can predict this unpredictable new asset class,  hindsight is a marvelous thing ,should you have waited,  maybe,  but if it took off past $5 would you have regretted your first instinct to invest , probably not,  I've invested what i can all the way down, in fact I brought 4 k two days ago and intend to get more , this is a long term investment,  we all hope it's going to be shorter than it probably will be.  Good luck to you and us and I hope one day it's life changing. The future is bright. 

Graph showing the value of XRP against BTC.

The Bear Whale caused a huge loss in January when he/she sold a billion XRP

The Spring and Summer were characterised by sustained FUD from BTC maximilists and XRP lost more ground against BTC

The Autumn has seen most of the FUD had been rebutted and just before Swell XRP very suddenly gained a lot of ground, this trend continued for several weeks.

The recent trend are articles that portray PoW and Bitcoin as being out of date tech that might retrace to zero

The recent trend for XRP has been that apart from the regulatory uncertainty, the tech is now decentralised and superior than anything else and XRapid is gradually being adopted.

Given the recent trends I am disappointed that XRP is not gaining against BTC.  I am hoping that XRP will start gaining against BTC again soon.

chart.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Truckdriver said:

I brought some at ATH , hmmm regret it ? No ! I don't think anyone can predict this unpredictable new asset class,  hindsight is a marvelous thing ,should you have waited,  maybe,  but if it took off past $5 would you have regretted your first instinct to invest , probably not,  I've invested what i can all the way down, in fact I brought 4 k two days ago and intend to get more , this is a long term investment,  we all hope it's going to be shorter than it probably will be.  Good luck to you and us and I hope one day it's life changing. The future is bright. 

I absolutely concur.  If you were new in January and had no stack, then it made sense to buy at the high price.  IMO if the bear whale had not dumped 1 billion XRP in the space of a few weeks, if Coinbase had listed XRP, the price would have gone on rising.

3 hours ago, retep said:

i stepped into cryptos a year ago, and when i would step out at this moment then i would loose alot of money, so hodl was the advice and i did hodl, but al i see is my investment dry up up like snow in the sun, so wil we see another rocket to the moon, or do people lost interest and are crypto's dying a slow death?

I bought alot xrp at 2 dollars, and now a year later it's below 30 cents, so i really start to worry if i ever wil see at least my investment back.

When you bought in at $2, what made you think it was going to go higher? Has anything changed since then that makes you think your original decision to buy XRP was the wrong choice? Example: When I bought XRP I calculated that I value it's future worth at around $5-10. So anything below this was a good investment.

If you bought XRP based on nothing but the FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) because the price was going up, then you didn't really make an investment, you gambled. Have you changed your thoughts on WHY you bought XRP?

If you bought XRP because you could see it's utility value and you calculated that in future XRP would go up in price when that goal was delivered, then you really have nothing to worry about unless Ripple comes out and says "Guys, we are shutting down and letting SWIFT take over our xCurrent software, nobody wants to free up $17 TRILLION DOLLARS to use on other projects." or it reaches that goal you estimated it would reach and the price is below your purchase. 

3 hours ago, retep said:

Until a few months ago i did read alot on this forum about price predictions and that we have to hodl because the rocket could/would lift off

anytime soon, but it looks more like a rocket that burns itself deeper and deeper into the ground, so where is this all going to?

Is it really though? Are Ripple not expanding? Are more clients coming on board? Have we seen more xRapid clients go live?
HODLing is still the best bet. Remember, you don't lose anything unless you sell.

Edited by BrownBear
spelling

For me it’s all about fundamental value. The whole blockchain fintech sector is growing and growing, despite the low token prices. And I am more confident in the whole industry now, than I was when the market price of XRP peaked at ATH levels. 

Don‘t let Mr. Market’s whimps fool you.

2 hours ago, kanaas said:

Ripple & XRP is not a game and not even just about crypto. Its about solving a global friction in crossborder payments whereby in Ripple solutions the XRP asset is put into an important role. Games fade away but payments to my understanding always have been and will be around. Dont you think so?

We all seem to see this clearly, yet the market doesn't differentiate.

2 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

@retep You have to decide for yourself. And you have to live with that decision.

If you think the folks here have steered you wrong in the past, I think it's wise for you to seek out advice from somewhere else. It's the best advice I can can offer you. 

Hold or sell. Those are your options. I hope it all works out for you. 

Actually there are 3 options.. hold, sell or buy more..

7 minutes ago, richxrp said:

Actually there are 3 options.. hold, sell or buy more..

Well i'm going to hodl because i don't need the money right now, so it would be damn stuppid to step out, but i do worry

where this all is going to.

44 minutes ago, Stormchaser417 said:

Brad Garlinghouse has said from the start that this is a 3-5 year plan

In just a couple months, brad will have been CEO for 4 years..

I would say this has evolved into a 5-10 year plan

4 hours ago, retep said:

Until a few months ago i did read alot on this forum about price predictions and that we have to hodl because the rocket could/would lift off

anytime soon, but it looks more like a rocket that burns itself deeper and deeper into the ground, so where is this all going to?  

I see 2 stories for us future grandpa's/grandma's:

1. It's 2050, you sold XRP at 31cents in 2019.
Future grandkid:
'Grandpa, mom told me you owned digital assets even before they replaced all other currencies.
What did you do with them?'
Grandpa: Well kid, I remember it like it was yesterday.. The entire cryptomarket was on it's butt.
We had a bad really bad year in 2018, and when 2019 started it didn't get much better.
That is when I decided to give up and sell it all.'
Future grandkid: 'What happened? Did all developments stop?
Grandpa: 'Hmm, not really. Crypto just wasn't perfoming price-wise. Institutions and governments around the world were just getting started in crypto.'
Future grandkid: 'So you sold because prices were low when the true potential of this new asset class was just being discovered?'
Grandpa: 'sigh' 

2. It's 2050, you invested all your spare change in XRP as long as it was under a dollar.
Future grandkid:
'Grandpa, mom just showed me how to look into the XRP ledger. You won't believe what I found.
It's your very first XRP purchase back in 2018. I can't believe you bought it under a dollar!'
Grandpa: Well kid, I remember it like it was yesterday.. The entire cryptomarket was on it's butt.
We had a bad really bad year in 2018, and when 2019 started it didn't get much better.
Though I understood this was the opportunity of a lifetime.'
Future grandkid: 'Wow, that's cool. Wasn't it hard to hodl through al these years?
Grandpa: 'Hmm, not really. Crypto just wasn't perfoming price-wise. Institutions and governments around the world were just getting started in crypto.'
Future grandkid:  'So you bought because prices were low when the true potential of this new asset class was just being discovered?'
Grandpa: 'sigh' yeah it was bold..

Which grandpa do you want to be? I know which one I will be.. :bb:
I've got patience. 5 years? Cool I'm 28 by then. 10 years? 33yo is fine for me.
Most of us have been in crypto for less then 2 years, is that all the patience you have got?