retep

Are crypto's a dying hype like second life was?

Until a few years ago we had the game second life, and there were alot of people and even banks and goverments that invested alot of money

in that game but now that hype is al over, so i wonder if the same wil happen to the crypto hype, because i stepped into cryptos a year ago,

and when i would step out at this moment then i would loose alot of money, so hodl was the advice and i did hodl, but al i see is my investment 

dry up up like snow in the sun, so wil we see another rocket to the moon, or do people lost interest and are crypto's dying a slow death?

I bought alot xrp at 2 dollars, and now a year later it's below 30 cents, so i really start to worry if i ever wil see at least my investment back.

Until a few months ago i did read alot on this forum about price predictions and that we have to hodl because the rocket could/would lift off

anytime soon, but it looks more like a rocket that burns itself deeper and deeper into the ground, so where is this all going to?  

1 minute ago, deBereboot said:

Your guess is as good as anyone's guess.

My guess that it will take some time :-)

What do you guess ?

If i would have any clue, then i wouldn't have start this topic, so you tell me.

Just now, Cobalt said:

Cryptocurrencies are a high-risk high-reward arena. You need guts of steel to survive the roller-coaster rides of emotions, and plenty of barf bags too. Hopefully you did not invest more than what you can comfortably forgo. If you are still HODLing, you definitely deserve any moonshots that come in future. And I'm speaking for myself - liquidating my positions at this point in time would not make sense, what with double-digit percentage paper losses; the upside of the situation? I can now survive a crazy ride up to $100 per XRP without flinching too.

Sure i keep on hodl, because i don't have a choice when i don't want to loose alot of money. And i had a life ensurance policy that did end last year

so i invested that into xrp, so i don't need that money now, but i would be very ****** when it would be all gone in the near future.

no one has a clue... you evaluate all the info you can find then decide if you can invest your money or not. You know cryptos are high risk and very volatile swings. Investment advice is very personal, only you can make your own decision really at the end of the day.

3 minutes ago, retep said:

Sure i keep on hodl, because i don't have a choice when i don't want to loose alot of money. And i had a life ensurance policy that did end last year

so i invested that into xrp, so i don't need that money now, but i would be very ****** when it would be all gone in the near future.

Investing is almost always a test of the investor's patience. Most people (myself included) buy too late and sell too soon. We are held back by fear and tempted by greed. When the dust settles, we usually see things more clearly but when the horses are kicking up sand, we get all excited by the euphoria and enthralled by the numbers. Where XRP is concerned, I am not too worried because the fundamentals look sound. Is there a chance it could go to zero? Sure! But given all the resources that are going into building the network and laying the infrastructure, I personally believe it is merely a matter of time (hopefully not a century) that the markets accord it a price that better reflects the potential of the asset. DYOR!

18 minutes ago, retep said:

Until a few years ago we had the game second life, and there were alot of people and even banks and goverments that invested alot of money

99% of the existing 2117 cryptocurrencies are going to be neglected in the next few years.

The other 1% is here to grow and prosper

I think PoW type tech is dying and we are being dragged down by this process.  XRP might go on going lower, the big question is at what point will it break with BTC and ETH pattern and go up?  I am not worried by the process, it is part of what has to happen if the market is to mature.  If XRP goes on sinking I will go on buying.  I will stop buying when it starts to rise above .50

in that game but now that hype is al over, so i wonder if the same wil happen to the crypto hype, because i stepped into cryptos a year ago,
and when i would step out at this moment then i would loose alot of money, so hodl was the advice and i did hodl, but al i see is my investment 
dry up up like snow in the sun, so wil we see another rocket to the moon, or do people lost interest and are crypto's dying a slow death?
I bought alot xrp at 2 dollars, and now a year later it's below 30 cents, so i really start to worry if i ever wil see at least my investment back.
Until a few months ago i did read alot on this forum about price predictions and that we have to hodl because the rocket could/would lift off
anytime soon, but it looks more like a rocket that burns itself deeper and deeper into the ground, so where is this all going to?  

It has been told here by many people over and over and over again that these predictions are way too optimistic and based on nothing. They act like what ripple does with xrp is a done deal and a piece of cake and will gain 100000s %. Truth is there is no guarantee on gains.
But these down-to-earth replies have always been welcomed by "you're fudding"-comments.

I personally believe it'll go well past 2 dollars again however the time frame in which this will happen could be longer than expected.
Xrapid is only getting started and regulatory clarity is still not in place. So I'd give it at least another 2 years.
Never invest more than you're willing to loose, they say but from what I read this is not the case.
If it is you could put it into perspective: you lost "90%" of value, do you want to bet the other 10% that ripple and xrp will be successful in the future? Do you believe they'll be successful? ( I honestly do but my doubt to fail keeps me from putting too much money in this).
You can always partly sell your holdings too.

Ripple & XRP is not a game and not even just about crypto. Its about solving a global friction in crossborder payments whereby in Ripple solutions the XRP asset is put into an important role. Games fade away but payments to my understanding always have been and will be around. Dont you think so?

@retep You have to decide for yourself. And you have to live with that decision.

If you think the folks here have steered you wrong in the past, I think it's wise for you to seek out advice from somewhere else. It's the best advice I can can offer you. 

Hold or sell. Those are your options. I hope it all works out for you. 

Edited by LordVetinari