Jerrybo

Why the hate?

6 hours ago, Jerrybo said:

Dear community members… why the hate?

I do not read it as hate, but rather pain. People thrive on hope. When something stands in the way of hope, it becomes painful. 

6 hours ago, Benchmark said:

You have valid points.

But the reason is that constant, mindless FUD never fails to elicit an emotional response. Why does this website exist: https://fudbingo.com/ ? It didn't came out of nowhere.

The community has two sides. One that is highly technical and the other is "when rich, moon, Lambo?". They seem to collide a lot in the XRP galaxy.  

2 minutes ago, Rey said:

Hey @Valhalla_Guy ... what happened? Did you buy near ATH?

Not even close, my post history says it all. First purchase was around $0.50, Bought into the run, and increased my DCA to around $1.00, however Tron saved my ass in 2018.

I became disgruntled when I realized that the only way I will ever profit from Dig Assets is by taking my profits from other speculators’ losses. I did not join this to take money from those more desperate than myself. I thought XRP had utility, but there are 0 working cases of XRP, and none of the XRP models make any sense, when scrutinized at any level.

I will be here for 3 more years, just like my posts have always said, but unless RL can manufacture another pump like Dec 2017, my only benefit will be the tax deduction, (for losses) not profits from XRP utility.

“Invest money you can afford to lose” That part I got right. Only spent 2 weeks pay, But I am saddened when I read the posts from those living in 3rd world countries, stating they invested their life savings, and cannot even afford to fund their own wallet (20xrp). I do not want their money, perhaps you do?

3 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Not even close, my post history says it all. First purchase was around $0.50, Bought into the run, and increased my DCA to around $1.00, however Tron saved my ass in 2018.

I became disgruntled when I realized that the only way I will ever profit from Dig Assets is by taking my profits from other speculators’ losses. I did not join this to take money from those more desperate than myself. I thought XRP had utility, but there are 0 working cases of XRP, and none of the XRP models make any sense, when scrutinized at any level.

I will be here for 3 more years, just like my posts have always said, but unless RL can manufacture another pump like Dec 2017, my only benefit will be the tax deduction, (for losses) not profits from XRP utility.

“Invest money you can afford to lose” That part I got right. Only spent 2 weeks pay, But I am saddened when I read the posts from those living in 3rd world countries, stating they invested their life savings, and cannot even afford to fund their own wallet (20xrp). I do not want their money, perhaps you do?

Well, if you really don't believe in the fundamentals of the asset you invested in, I'm happy for you that you didn't invest more than you said you actually did.

And I hope that you'll be positively surprised by XRP some time in the next few years. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

I became disgruntled when I realized that the only way I will ever profit from Dig Assets is by taking my profits from other speculators’ losses. 

You should not. You are not making them buy it. It's their choice. If you sold at 1, and it moved to 1.50 and they did not sell, it's your fault as well?? People, in general, are poor speculators. 

This is not unique to XRP, but overall to the markets.  The majority crowd always buy at the ATH.  Second, the exchanges who deal with Crypto make up prices with algorithmic market making. Look at the Coins at the 100th place, they fluctuate back and forth. Do you think that someone is buying and selling it? no one is. Exchanges create BS prices and move them around.  Next time there is a major announcement and the exchnages pump it again, sell..You are selling!  someone wants to buy, let them.  

Edited by Spekul8

2 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Most people hate it when they realize they fell for a scam. We will be happier when the indictments come. Of course we will not be able to share our joy, because this site will be the first to go dark. (Who do you believe runs this site?? Ever care to ask??)

Who?

Who runs this site?

2 hours ago, longhodler said:

Aren't you tired of this platitudinous quote? In real life it works like this: first they fight you, and then you die (either because they kill you or because your lifespan is not infinite).

And worst of all, Gandhi never said it.

Just now, EcneitapLatnem said:

mathematicians, obviously!

Yeah, people who like to divide things in 2 opposite sides: black/white,  right/wrong, man/woman, 0 or 1, positive/negative, funny/boring.  It’s the easiest way to look at the world without thinking too much. 

2 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

You just described 15% of the posts, but how to categorize the other 85%? 

No.it's 85% spec, and 15% technical.  Look at the home page and see the number of threads under each category. 

6 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Yeah, people who like to divide things in 2 opposite sides: black/white,  right/wrong, man/woman, 0 or 1, positive/negative, funny/boring.  It’s the easiest way to look at the world without thinking too much.

In reality, people always have a motive to post here.  These motives can be obvious, and not so obvious.

Bullish motivation
For people holding a significant amount of XRP, the motive is obvious: they want XRP to succeed so they can make a profit from their speculation/investment (call it what you will).  Therefore, they post pro-XRP opinions and news.  This is so obvious that I couldn't even call it a confession of mine.  Can it slide from healthy optimism to something more extreme that blinds us to the negative aspects? Of course.  However, at least we understand the motives behind such a person, even if they are as blind as a bat!  Those posting with a bullish motivation will belong to a very narrow demographic - XRP holders.  Sure, you might get the odd person deciding to join an XRP forum who doesn't hold XRP, and wants to post XRP-optimistic posts, but I would describe such a person as very odd.  If you believe in XRP, you're very likely going to be holding SOME XRP at least, and that makes you a member of the "bullishly motivated XRP holder" club. 

Bearish motivation
This has a much broader demographic.  There's all kinds of people who have this motivation:-

• type A: people who genuinely believe XRP to be a poor investment, and they feel compelled to share their views here.  Their motivation is genuine.  These people surely exist and I can understand their motivation to post
  • type B: ex-XRP holders.  They sold their XRP and - as is human nature - they want XRP to fail.  Or let's say, they don't want XRP to succeed - that would give them very uncomfortable feelings that they missed out and sold too early. 
  • type C: people who hold other cryptos and see XRP as a "rival" - this is perhaps more obvious on forums like /r/cryptocurrency on reddit since users have an automatic flair to show their allegiance to certain crytos - this actually makes opinions more open since they can't pretend they are unbiased - hence you see more extreme anti-XRP views on that particular reddit forum
  • type D: people who out-and-out hate XRP/Ripple and all that it stands for "because banksters" (I would argue that in reality, these people are very few and far between)
  • type E: people shorting XRP/wanting to buy in at a lower price and looking to create negativity within XRP forums
  • type F: people paid to spread FUD.

I feel like the OP has simplified the situation.  In many cases on this forum, the XRP holder is dealing with an unknown "enemy".  To always assume that the person posting something negative about XRP is always a type A (from above bullet points) gives camoflage to types B to F negative posters.  Put it this way, there is no doubt that type B to F posters exist - this has been demonstrated on reddit.  They are open about it there.  Here though? It's way more subtle because this website is dedicated to XRP and we don't know people's motives to posting (other than the bullish types - the motive is that they hold XRP).  And so when certain posters continually post negative views on XRP,  it sours the debate knowing that we could be dealing with the type B to F posters (the shortcut phrase here is: trolls).   To summarise, there are no disclaimers made (if they need to be made) regarding negative comments.  The default view is that a negative comment is always genuine, yet in reality that cannot always be the case.  I would argue it's rarely the case.  Type A negative posters surely are rare.  Would you spend time talking about cryptos you don't hold and are fairly neutral about, but see negative aspects of? There are so many...where do you even find the time?   Just my opinion!

Edited by 2ndtimearound