kryptoroi

My challenge to anyone out there!

2 minutes ago, kryptoroi said:

What am I missing here? 

If we assume that the market is rational (yes, I know, it can stay irrational for longer than I can stay solvent…), then the price of XRP will go up if enough speculators believe one of the following two scenarios to be true:

1. Ripple's business model is valid and the current price of XRP is presently below the present and/or future optimum range for Ripple's interests.
  2. XRP is destined to acquire new uses (non-government-controlled peer-to-peer electronic cash perhaps?) that are independent of Ripple's fortunes.

Obviously, not all players in the market are speculators. As with the forex markets, some players are traders, with the skill and self-discipline to make money out of upward moves and downward moves.

10 hours ago, kryptoroi said:

You pointed at the part where I said to name me a company! I never made the comparison to XRP as a diflgital asset! The comparison was made to RIPPLE!  But since XRP is connected to ripple I just didn't specify!! So far all the XRP news have been positive, thus the success of Ripple as a company  should be correlated to it's native digital asset XRP! 

Now u just described what a security is.

Which xrp is not

Much of the correlation with BTC is due to the pairing with BTC. For example if you want to sell, a popular route is XRP > BTC > fiat. If you want to buy, then a popular route is fiat > BTC > XRP. That’s part of the equation.

Secondly, the typical investor mindset is that crypto is one homogenous tulip-bulb-esque, unproven, risky investment. Hence XRP is seen pretty similarly to Bitcoin or anything else, at present. The vast majority of investors aren’t nuanced enough to look at the very different offerings within the crypto space. 

Thirdly, as a result of this, when big money enters the crypto space it typically may do so in the form of investing in baskets of currencies according to a naively-concocted risk profile; i.e. Bitcoin is seen as similarly risky to XRP and therefore the investment is split evenly between them. 

Simplistic explanation of a marginally more complicated phenomenon, but I hope you get the idea. 

Perception of the market in general and appreciation of nuance will change in time.

Edited by JA8

3 hours ago, Shuz said:

Now u just described what a security is.

Which xrp is not

Cut the malarkey!!!! The decision to declare Ripple a security  or not is not mine  and the SEC's! I'm just stating facts! If I tell you that Ripple's technology employs a DA that makes transactions faster and cheaper! You don't think of a DA other than Xrp! Therefore there's a huge connection between ripple and XRP, therefore an anticipated correlation! 

Ripple's valuation independent of it's XRP holding( which is only a small fraction of their total valuation) may in fact be increasing.  Also many alt-coins have had their communities increasing and innovating while their price has been falling.  Even Bitcoin's hashing power tippled while the price has collapsed.  The whole crypto space (top 100 coins or so)  has basically been growing while the prices have been decreasing. 

1 hour ago, kryptoroi said:

Ripple's technology employs a DA that makes transactions faster and cheaper!

What's stopping some other company from selling a technology that uses the same DA to make transactions faster and cheaper? Anyone can clone this GitHub repository.

Supply is the 800b gorilla in the room. Until xrp's utility is sufficient to absorb a significant amount of the 1 billion released from escrow each month, I don't see how the price can appreciate significantly other than by FOMO and speculation.  I agree that it feels almost bizarre to watch all the progress and good news without seeing any corresponding price increases, however,  as much as I hate to admit it, I don't see how xrp can support a +$1 price until utilization has grown significantly. My sincerest hope is that we are about to turn the corner in this regards, with SBI being the match to light the fuse. 

3 hours ago, tev said:

What's stopping some other company from selling a technology that uses the same DA to make transactions faster and cheaper? Anyone can clone this GitHub repository.

If another company does provide a service that utilizes their "cloned" xrp then a rational market should react more to the company with the most influence! If Ripple has 1000partners using xrp and the new company has 2 insignificant partners using xrp then ripple will still have greater influence over xrp! 

5 hours ago, kryptoroi said:

Cut the malarkey!!!! The decision to declare Ripple a security  or not is not mine  and the SEC's! I'm just stating facts! If I tell you that Ripple's technology employs a DA that makes transactions faster and cheaper! You don't think of a DA other than Xrp! Therefore there's a huge connection between ripple and XRP, therefore an anticipated correlation! 

Im confused..u want us to name another company..but the whole thread is filled with reasons why xrp hasnt gone up.

This thread is weird im leaving🤔

14 minutes ago, Shuz said:

Im confused..u want us to name another company..but the whole thread is filled with reasons why xrp hasnt gone up.

This thread is weird im leaving🤔

There is or should at least be a direct correlation between ripple and XRP! Given that  a huge part of xrp is to enhance Ripple's softwares! So if it makes you feel better, name another company who provides a software, associated with  that  software is a new technology that enhances the efficiency of that software! Whenever the sale/success of that software increases, so will the new technology that enhances it in the first place! Idk how to make better sense of this if it doesn't already! 

You do realize XRP is already 10x the price of other coins with the same max supply like TRON right and several times of XLM(slightly higher max supply but lower circulating supply). All the hype and news is already priced in. Any more news and hype without XRP utilization will not effect the price in this market.

You are not looking at the whole picture.

You neeed to look at the price of XRP 3 years ago and the XRP today and you will se it’s gone up multiples already.

So the price is indeed going up. May not be as fast as many others likes but it’s going up.

To put it even simpler: 

If you purchase at today’s price and in another 3 years the price didn’t at least go up 20% then it may be time to look elsewhere.

I thing the reasons why the market doesn't correspond to the news is this:

1. We are already in the LARGEST t investment ever in life.

so

2. The guys who move markets are PATIENTS. And in this very moment Really patients.

so

3. They are being SHORTERS keeping XRP into the falling wedge.

so

4. Once XRP gets out of the PATTERN won't be any excuse at all for PATIENTS guys to press SELL button anymore.

so

5. XRP Will be FREE TO TAKE OFF HUNDRE TIMES STRONGER THAN LAST YEAR THANK TO THE RIPPLE TEAM ACHIEVEMENTS.

On 1/26/2019 at 6:43 PM, Rey said:

We're still very, very early in the game. Most investment money goes to building the required infrastructure for future utility, not to buying DA's yet. Also, remember that some of us investors put a lot of time in researching the crypto market, that doesn't mean that the rest of the world do so.

Just think how you would feel if all this good news was about some OTHER cryptocurrency ;)