Is it ok to clone someone’s avatar?

Is it ok to clone an established members avatar?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok?

• Yes, they are public domain images and no one owns them.
    • No, after a while people ‘recognise’ the avatar and cloning it can cause confusion.
  2. 2. Has it ever (even slightly, or momentarily,) mislead you?

• No
    • Yes
  3. 3. Should mods force Kaakarma to change his avatar away from LilBenders?

• No
    • Yes

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then you can choose another pic out of the 1,457,000 available pics from futurama. I’ll associate you with stupidity if you don’t succeed in performing such a simple task.   

You and everyone reading this thread know that what you call "the common sense" answer is not why you have done this.   Get a life ...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, KaaKaRmA said:

Trust me, the last thing I want is to be confused for a guy who makes claims TrumpXRP = TiffHayden.  I don't want associated with that stupidity so that should assure you of my motives.  I'm a Futurama fan.

Then you can choose another pic out of the 1,457,000 available pics from futurama. I’ll associate you with stupidity if you don’t succeed in performing such a simple task. 

B96F63DA-A049-4E4A-AB0D-76421D6606F8.jpeg

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
2 hours ago, Benchmark said:

No it's not okay. 

Kaakarma is being a crying infant and needs to be put in the time-out corner.

I’m crying? All I see in this thread is a bunch of teenagers hanging around a message board crying that someone stole their toy. A bear market really gets the best of you guys. 

On 1/27/2019 at 9:49 AM, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

B96F63DA-A049-4E4A-AB0D-76421D6606F8.jpeg

Yes there is no doubt it’s a trolling action.  He basically admitted it back when he did it.  This pathetic “I like Futurama” is a very thin cloak over his trolling.  

As you so brilliantly point out with your more appropriate image,  there are many other Futurama images.  

I must admit I am a bit disappointed to see how few have voted.  This bit of idiocy will no doubt be contagious if left unchecked.

No, it's not ok, he is clearly trolling.
Yes, it has mislead me slightly back when he changed his avatar.
I think 99% of the members here know them both and can easily differentiate between their posts, even when at first it did cause some confusion. If this becomes a tendency, mods might need to step in, but not because of one troll.

I would love to know who the 15 (so far) people are who were never once,  even for a moment, fooled by the avatar clone.

Frankly I don’t believe it.  Maybe a couple of people always look at the name only...  but that 15 seems like a lot of folk.  On a completely unrelated note...   I wonder if there are any duplicate accounts on here.

If I was a Mod I would erase the Avatar, and if the user changes it back to same, I would lock block "him" from the forum for 1 week as a starter.

The avatar is more than just a picture, it is a type of Brand/Trademark for a user in this chat, @Tinyaccount
And the human brain reacts much faster to a picture than to a word. That is common knowledge. So to copy a Avatar is very misleading.
And just plain bad behaviour, which shows a lack of common sense and disrespect for how to interact with other humans.

My 2 drops on the subject.

Zen

Edited by zenkert
16 minutes ago, vsyc said:

@KaaKaRmA is more nemesis of @LilBender rather than a obfuscating copy. The latter did not patent trolling, so former allowed to troll the way it likes. It has different name, it has different copy and behaves differently.

Deliberate trolling goes against the Community Standards. This alone is enough to warrant a warning and the removal of the avatar.

15 minutes ago, vsyc said:

There are enough other metrics to distinguish character like: nickname, post count, colour.

I feel sorry for people that only use avatar to identify identity, its really more their personal problem and requires a work on "attention to details".

@Tinyaccount its very unprofessional and sad to create poll and than giving out on opposition like "who that other 15 people" it just proves that your post is more target to atack personality rather than identify issue. Same can be said that 50 people are your beloved club members, that blindly support anything you post in your favor.

@zenkert first comes policy than actions. I clearly remember that you and some other member were using same bull head avatar at some point, everyone was happy, because everyone is bro, bro allowed double standards.

@KaaKaRmA is more nemesis of @LilBender rather than a obfuscating copy. The latter did not patent trolling, so former allowed to troll the way it likes. It has different name, it has different copy and behaves differently.

But anyway it interesting, when it comes about XRP $5 EOY, than all of you just bits under animated images, but here you claim that your image is identity that matters!

Likebait! Likebait!