Lurker123

Q4 2018 XRP Markets Report

3 hours ago, cryptoxrp said:

What I am wandering about is the increase of 2 billion XRP in marketcap supply on coinmarketcap over the past 3 months.... (from approx 39 to 41 billion). Did that just ‘Fall out of the 

Certainly not the best quarterly report we've seen , but you're going to have those on this roller coaster ride of the longest bear market we've had, I thought I'd cheer myself up and f**k it I brought some more zerps. :good: It's a marathon.   

Edited by Truckdriver

10 minutes ago, lucky said:
  • Do you know better better technology to power the global digital economy, than with decentralized digital assets? I don't.
  • Do you know a better way of creating a decentralized digital asset, than with Consensus Algorithm? I don't.
  • Do you know a better way of distributing any digital assets, than gradually selling them for market price? I don't.

Consensus algorithm based coins start out with all coins in the hands of the creators, there is just no way around that. Call it whatever you want, I see it as a piece of art that needs to be distributed. To make XRP usable as a global currency, Ripple must keep selling gradually at market price, whether they need the money or not.

There are nice things you can do with half a billion dollars in cash. Buying other companies for example.

I hope you realize that huge anker weight for adoption is Ripples 60% XRP ownership

15 minutes ago, lucky said:

Ripple must keep selling

For institutional use? Yes. For themselves? No. They don’t. Unless they cannot support their operations utilizing profits from their $10,000,000 software/consulting solutions for 200 banks. If they’re “giving away” those solutions just to get their foot in the door, and selling XRP to offset their expenses, then it proves they’re actually not able to sell RippleNet to anyone.

7 minutes ago, codiusrex said:

For institutional use? Yes. For themselves? No. They don’t. Unless they cannot support their operations utilizing profits from their $10,000,000 software/consulting solutions for 200 banks. If they’re “giving away” those solutions just to get their foot in the door, and selling XRP to offset their expenses, then it proves they’re actually not able to sell RippleNet to anyone.

It does not prove that at all.  They are building the XRP ecosystem from scratch; supporting new exchanges, partners, Coil and XPring.  Employing the best cryptographers, opening offices in every continent and attending events.  No other company in cryptoland can put that together.

That said the direct sales look as if they have stalled, and that deserves some sort of explanation from Ripple.  During 2018 Ripple seemingly expanded their technological dominance over their space and hit every target.  Sales will follow.  Maybe this (small) reversal was just because the cookie does not always crumble evenly.

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

System 1:  Money coming from sales of XRP coming on the open market is directed at developing the XRP ecosystem. 

System 2: Nearly all the money arriving from new BTC on the open market is spent on supporting their mining industry and paying for electricity. 

Think about that;  one system directs the new money towards investment in development of the product, the other direct all new money into paying the costs of businesses that are only interested in selling Bitcoin for the highest price.

As rudimentary as that is.....its absolute truth.

2 hours ago, cryptoxrp said:

What I am wandering about is the increase of 2 billion XRP in marketcap supply on coinmarketcap over the past 3 months.... (from approx 39 to 41 billion). Did that just ‘Fall out of the sky’?

Could be the settlement with R3.  R3 sued for 5B and maybe got 2B or so with no transfer of cash to Ripple.

2 hours ago, codiusrex said:

$1,400,000 worth of XRP “programmatically” sold every business day of the year.

Hard to believe a small startup needs that much if they’ve got 200 banks using their $10,000,000 software/consulting solutions. Add Jed and the other founders in the mix and it just seems like a huge Ponzi scheme.

A couple of years ago Ripple stated it planned to own 50B xrps by the end of 2021.  Slowly, it is getting there as we are now at 41B distributed.

Not a ponzi scheme at all given all the value that xrp provides.  

2 hours ago, cryptoxrp said:

What I am wandering about is the increase of 2 billion XRP in marketcap supply on coinmarketcap over the past 3 months.... (from approx 39 to 41 billion). Did that just ‘Fall out of the sky’?

It wasn't 39 few months ago. It was 39 last year.