Eric123

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

11 minutes ago, bookworm said:

Only time will tell.  As an avid xrp holder, I am losing faith given the unknowns and uncertainties.

Which is why, I have a larger stash of major cryptos with limited supply.  In regards to the escrow supply, I recall 60b locked in for 5 years that began about 1.5 years ago but it would appear that Ripple is unable to sell at the monthly rate of 1b zerps.  This would push lock up further to 10 years so it is unclear whether their 200+ banks are even bulking up on xrp for xrapid(?).

Been away from chat and xrp for over a year so rightly, some of my statements may no longer be correct.  Think Jed still owns a large stash and action with R3 and class civil actions with investors are unresolved.

How else can you explain the unremarkable rise of xrp vs btc as xrp rose from 30c to 47c vs btc ~$4k to $11k, eth from ~$90 to $300 etc.  Shouldn’t xrp be about 3x or 90c by now(?).

Btw, I am still a top 1% holder of xrp but hold much larger amounts with others ... you can laugh at the worm in 3-6 months if xrp plays catchup or ... re-evaluate the uncertainties.  Not trying to create fud but playing objectively based on trends as trends are our friend ...

I'm now at 40% XRP (didn't sell, but diluted with new positions)..... also a 1% XRP hodlr, and I think your decision to diversify was wise (fairly obvious at this point).....however,  I still think XRP can and will move bigly in the near future. There are many reasons it is lagging, the biggest of which is large supply and OTC sales (imho). That might or might not matter ultimately, with adoption, but it matters right now, today.

Technically, I'm not worried by what the XRP chart is doing. It looks on track to me.

I am holding up pretty well even though I hold several large supply coins like TRX and VET. EOS and LTC being my "BTC" trackers. I hope BTC can hold this level long enough for the usual suspects to pump.

@VanHasen

Let me try to cry online and perhaps, we will hit 90c ... man, xrp is such a {%%#<}%<<.  

Man, I only hit 12-15x bagger on the epic 2017-2018 run towards $3+ so I am crying now with recent avg buy in at 42c (double prior buy in at 20c).  Man, i am kicking myself for not buying in the 30s and having bought BTC/BCH about 2 months ago ... man 😭 😭 😭 

Let’s see whether I can whine and cry xrp back to a buck ...

Yesterday I said I thought the best case scenario was for BTC to cool off and base a while....it didn't. We blew right through the last big resistance and now we're well above it.

So why isn't that great?

Because now BTC is in nosebleed overbought territory and a big short is coming that will take the money of all the people who are selling their alts this week and piling into  BTC to catch the momo. You're late to the party if you do. The cops have already been called.

I'm not sure when it will come or at what exact level, but I would stake my reputation on it..that it WILL happen.  Yesterday somebody suggested a hard correction off 13.5K BTC that might take us back down to 9K...I think that is not unlikely, but it could happen anytime, and it might not happen until we are even higher than that.

But it looks like a bull trap to me, technically. 

Anything can happen. Macro events like an Iran war could drive BTC to 20K in a week...but absent those kind of extraneous drivers, I'd be very cautious about buying BTC here. jmho.

I just hope that we can hold these levels long enough for the rotation to happen, which will pump the usual alts, before a BTC crash takes EVERYTHING down.

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 7.25.20 AM.png

2 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

There are many reasons it is lagging, the biggest of which is large supply and OTC sales (imho). That might or might not matter ultimately, with adoption, but it matters right now, today.

OTC sales were no problem on previous runs like in September 2018 -- where XRP went crazy all of the sudden 200-300% in a few days until btc started its dump show till nov-dec down to 3200 $

the reason why XRP lags behind - IMHO - are systemically set sell orders by large holders aka whales (and no its not ripple) -- keeping it in the range they want it to be until more and more volume kicks in and eventually the buy-pressure smashes these walls or these walls get deleted because the large holders now are ready to maximize their profit using XRP and its huge FOMO-potential

the thing with XRP is, it`s very popular on retail investors and overall in crypto space -- there are always some big expectations on XRP (more than on any other crypto because of its popularity, usecase and ripples partnerships) -- it is the perfect coin to generate massive FOMO as soon as it starts to pump in a big way

thats what happend 2017, thats what happened in Sept 2018 - with the difference that now there are many many more on ramps to buy XRP (compared to 2017)

yes it is manipulation -- it is crypto! its a nascent market, with more and more volume flowing through, manipulating it will get harder and harder, but for now its pure manipulation! being able to set sell walls and delete them whenever you want is the perfect tool for large holders to let the market (or specific coins) go where they want them to go

XRP is special because its a ticking FOMO-Bomb!

just my opinions of course

27 minutes ago, VanHasen said:

OTC sales were no problem on previous runs like in September 2018 -- where XRP went crazy all of the sudden 200-300% in a few days until btc started its dump show till nov-dec down to 3200 $

the reason why XRP lags behind - IMHO - are systemically set sell orders by large holders aka whales (and no its not ripple) -- keeping it in the range they want it to be until more and more volume kicks in and eventually the buy-pressure smashes these walls or these walls get deleted because the large holders now are ready to maximize their profit using XRP and its huge FOMO-potential

the thing with XRP is, it`s very popular on retail investors and overall in crypto space -- there are always some big expectations on XRP (more than on any other crypto because of its popularity, usecase and ripples partnerships) -- it is the perfect coin to generate massive FOMO as soon as it starts to pump in a big way

thats what happend 2017, thats what happened in Sept 2018 - with the difference that now there are many many more on ramps to buy XRP (compared to 2017)

yes it is manipulation -- it is crypto! its a nascent market, with more and more volume flowing through, manipulating it will get harder and harder, but for now its pure manipulation! being able to set sell walls and delete them whenever you want is the perfect tool for large holders to let the market (or specific coins) go where they want them to go

XRP is special because its a ticking FOMO-Bomb!

just my opinions of course

That's a very good thesis. I'm always willing to listen to people who watch what's happening in real time on the exchanges. I do believe the sell walls are a problem, and that manips are in play.

I'm not sure that's the whole story. It takes  a lot of buyers to drive up a coin with a 40 billion supply. That's a real thing too, and I see it influencing other coins I own that are also not mined coins....like TRX and VET....in a similar way. Just sayin'.

It might just be perception on the part of those who are NOT the exchanges and NOT the typical BTC whales...but instead are the Wall Street people starting to  buy into the new nascent bull. They are toilet trained to look at market cap and circulating supply as the most important metrics of all, even though they matter far less with a currency than they do with a security.

9 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Most people in crypt go from "IT'S MOONING" to "THE SKY IS FALLING" - and back to "IT'S MOONING" based on a day or two of positive or negative price movement.  Maybe it's because there are so many young people in the space.

Analysts come out of the woodwork and spout off their opinions - They never get it right!!!  Their opinions are worthless!!!!  

Why is my opinion better??  Who says it is??   But my opinion is really not "my opinion" it is just taking the last price cycle and projecting it forward to where we are now and where we are going.  In a nutshell I"m saying - "This is what happened before,  if it plays out the same,  this is what will happen."

Anyway for the guys feeling that XRP is getting  left behind don't worry.  The bull run hasn't really even started yet.

Ask yourself where were you when bitcoin hit $1,000 for the second time in January 2017 - Did you even know about it???  You definitely didn't know about XRP or at least own any XRP cause if you did you'd be a whale.  Well we are basically in 2016 all over again (although as I previously stated I believe the time line will progress faster I think by 25% faster, it's in one of my old posts and this thread has become so long it's hard to find).  Anyway

XRP can legit double in a few hours and  I doubt bitcoin get's much further away from my trend line, I think we continue to see a lot of volatility.  Personally I won't consider the next bull run to have started until we have made a new ATH and I think that happens this November.  If it happens sooner I will certainly reevaluate.  And again new things are happening in this space and new people are entering everyday so the situation can change dramatically.  

XRP marches to the beat of it's own drum price wise.  But at over 80% off it's ATH, it looks like a no brainier.   

Here's to us all making Fortunes!!!  If nothing else - These are Exciting Times!!!!

@Eric123 i do appreciate your efforts and insights but please make sure you sleep and eat well as we all need your input going forward..))

25 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Most people in crypt go from "IT'S MOONING" to "THE SKY IS FALLING" - and back to "IT'S MOONING" based on a day or two of positive or negative price movement.  Maybe it's because there are so many young people in the space.

Analysts come out of the woodwork and spout off their opinions - They never get it right!!!  Their opinions are worthless!!!!  

Why is my opinion better??  Who says it is??   But my opinion is really not "my opinion" it is just taking the last price cycle and projecting it forward to where we are now and where we are going.  In a nutshell I"m saying - "This is what happened before,  if it plays out the same,  this is what will happen."

Anyway for the guys feeling that XRP is getting  left behind don't worry.  The bull run hasn't really even started yet.

Ask yourself where were you when bitcoin hit $1,000 for the second time in January 2017 - Did you even know about it???  You definitely didn't know about XRP or at least own any XRP cause if you did you'd be a whale.  Well we are basically in 2016 all over again (although as I previously stated I believe the time line will progress faster I think by 25% faster, it's in one of my old posts and this thread has become so long it's hard to find).  Anyway

XRP can legit double in a few hours and  I doubt bitcoin get's much further away from my trend line, I think we continue to see a lot of volatility.  Personally I won't consider the next bull run to have started until we have made a new ATH and I think that happens this November.  If it happens sooner I will certainly reevaluate.  And again new things are happening in this space and new people are entering everyday so the situation can change dramatically.  

XRP marches to the beat of it's own drum price wise.  But at over 80% off it's ATH, it looks like a no brainier.   

Here's to us all making Fortunes!!!  If nothing else - These are Exciting Times!!!!

Don't sell the EXAAARRRPEEEE!!!! Wait for it....it's coming.....