Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

After the violent down movements we survived last year it's nice to now get them to the upside.  Also one of my favorites NEO is now up to $20.50 -   still way below ATH of almost $200!!!  OMG is still looking cheap at $2.67.  And of Course XRP at below .47!!

@Cooliozxrp I'm not hoping for that.  Bitcoin is gonna go up much, much higher and drag the rest of the market with it.  Waiting on a BIG move for XRP, it will probably make all the other moves look small by comparison.  

@Cesar1810  I think we are still on track for November as we will probably pull back to the trend line, but yeah anything is possible.

6 25 19.png

Edited by Eric123

I am confused, where exactly are we in equivalent to 2017? Is there a period in 2017 that BTC rose as fast as the past two weeks, except the parabolic stage?

I hold mostly BCH/LTC, and a quarter of BAT now. They are down a lot against BTC.

Of course I also hold 53k xrp. Maybe doubt that in one week

Edited by MQB
23 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

After the violent down movements we survived last year it's nice to now get them to the upside.  Also one of my favorites NEO is now up to $20.50 -   still way below ATH of almost $200!!!  OMG is still looking cheap at $2.67.  And of Course XRP at below .47!!

@Cooliozxrp I'm not hoping for that.  Bitcoin is gonna go up much, much higher and drag the rest of the market with it.  Waiting on a BIG move for XRP, it will probably make all the other moves look small by comparison.  

@Cesar1810  I think we are still on track for November as we will probably pull back to the trend line, but yeah anything is possible.

6 25 19.png

But why are you expecting a "big move" from xrp? Because it happened before? Where will the money come from? There is no major xrp usage currently. If there is a big move the money will come from manipulating whales

Edited by Cooliozxrp
1 hour ago, Cooliozxrp said:

Where will the money come from?

The first big move for XRP, probably whales, but I doubt it will be related to a drop in bitcoin.  Eventually XRP will just look so undervalued in comparison to Bitcoin that a pump will be inevitable.  I would guess the whales won't abandon bitcoin until it is multiple times higher than it's previous ATH.  The second big move for XRP will come from institutions and later from retail investors. 

1 hour ago, MQB said:

I am confused, where exactly are we in equivalent to 2017?

We are no where near 2017.  If there is an equivalent time  it's probably June of 2016

april 2016.png

49 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

We are no where near 2017.  If there is an equivalent time  it's probably June of 2016

april 2016.png

What makes you think we are at a place similar to July 2016? That would mean we are potentially on the brink of another 36,000% price gain.. 

We have no idea when actual utility will kick in. And couldn't one argue that it is less likely that we'll have large price swings moving forward considering the impending regulations and guidelines (FATF / G20)?

1 hour ago, Eric123 said:

The first big move for XRP, probably whales, but I doubt it will be related to a drop in bitcoin.  Eventually XRP will just look so undervalued in comparison to Bitcoin that a pump will be inevitable.  I would guess the whales won't abandon bitcoin until it is multiple times higher than it's previous ATH.  The second big move for XRP will come from institutions and later from retail investors. 

Fair enough. If there is a big move it will be from whales ,don't see any chance of institutions jumping on xrp in the short term

34 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

What makes you think we are at a place similar to July 2016?

In july 2016 Bitcoin was approximately 64% of the previous ATH of $1200.  presently the price of bitcoin is approximately 64% of the previous ATH of $19600.

38 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

brink of another 36,000% price gain

Bitcoin went from $770 in July 2016 to about $20,000 in December 2016 which is about 2,600%  so you have 1 too many zeros, but basically yes.

‘This time will be different’ as is always the case.  We may however see a decoupling between BTC and altcoins during the initial ramp up then, followed by catchup in prices for alts.

So much as we’d like for XRP to take the lead as most utility and driver with decoupling from sh*tcoins, think BTC will still steal the show with so much positive news coming out.  Remember that most institutional and retail investors are still novices and will begin to wet their holdings with core Bitcoin first.  They don’t really care or know much about slow tps, higher cost and limited scalability given centralized holding by major players.  Over time, they will flip to XRP and even join this chat group as experience is gained on the true leader in cost, speed, scale and latency.

Hence, it is best to diversify by holding XRP and other major coins ie, hold XRP/Others 75/25, 66/33 or 50/50 and toggle between coins as needed.  

Happy days are here again so moon it baby ...

I’m a little bewildered as well, BTC + ALTs move north while XRP is slumped at status quo. I read Eric’s & the goods Doctors TA and I love it but I feel unsatisfied by the lack of increase, upwards motion. I’m a long term bag holder and my patience is over. At 13K BTC XRP should have been closer to 80cents. We are half that – end rant.