Eric123

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

2 hours ago, LittleLordFauntleroy said:

Would love to hear some other rules of thumb people will use when determining their selling strategy.

200 period VWMA on BTC is a very good signal. It doesn't exactly pin the top or bottoms, but can save you from sitting in a 90% pullback from the ATH. 

Edited by ObeyTheWafflehouse
ON the daily chart, I might add

Is it just me or is it really difficult to find price predictions on Google or anywhere these days? It seemed like every auto-generated news source was trying to pump prices with wild predictions in 2017. I feel like I don't see that content much anymore. Not a comment on the validity of any crypto news ever, just an observation.

Has there been a community wide consensus on the max possible price of XRP? I'll search now but I am interested in what thoughts are on price potential in the stream of things as they are now.

14 minutes ago, invest2lose said:

haven't the btc bulls been losing steam since $8k? yet it keeps pushing higher.

The volume isn't off-the charts, but it's still at a level significantly higher that it was a few month back. But every stochastic I look at is in overbought territory. 

There are some weird macro factors in play. Gold and BTC moving together on safe haven buying. Alt coin hodlrs losing faith and trading for BTC. I dunno.

It could go higher, but the chart says no. That's my story and I'm happy to be wrong.

16 minutes ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

200 period VWMA on BTC is a very good signal. It doesn't exactly pin the top or bottoms, but can save you from sitting in a 90% pullback from the ATH. 

Example, please, maestro, from history? I know you got one. Show us on the chart. 

18 minutes ago, StopMakingSense said:

Is it just me or is it really difficult to find price predictions on Google or anywhere these days? It seemed like every auto-generated news source was trying to pump prices with wild predictions in 2017. I feel like I don't see that content much anymore. Not a comment on the validity of any crypto news ever, just an observation.

Has there been a community wide consensus on the max possible price of XRP? I'll search now but I am interested in what thoughts are on price potential in the stream of things as they are now.

the media hasn't been given the go to pump fomo retail yet.

6 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Example, please, maestro, from history? I know you got one. Show us on the chart. 

I posted this back in January looking for BTC to break its daily down trend. I have some more charts posted in the beginning of this thread, but I will link one specifically from February. I will says this though, @Eric123 was right on the timing and I was wrong. I was anticipating this bull run in late summer early fall, but we broke the trendline a lot early. 

This is the 200 period VWMA that I am talking about. 

One of the last moves, before we broke out.

1 hour ago, StopMakingSense said:

After much speculation, it is now apparent to anybody who knows anything that there is NO reliable metric to put a price on XRP until it gets into wider use.

It's a currency, it should obey rules for currencies. And there is a suggested mathematical formula (Robbie Mitchniks graduate work, misnamed the Athey Equation)...but there is no way to estimate most of the several variables that need to be inputted to get a decent result. Too much is unknown.

Myself and at least one other person on this forum have calculated that if one considered XRP to represent an equal value to BTC, the price would be approaching $5 US.

Addendum: And that was  couple months back, when BTC was at a significantly lower price, btw, so it'd be higher now.

Edited by dr_ed

31 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

After much speculation, it is now apparent to anybody who knows anything that there is NO reliable metric to put a price on XRP until it gets into wider use.

It's a currency, it should obey rules for currencies. And there is a suggested mathematical formula (Robbie Mitchniks graduate work, misnamed the Athey Equation)...but there is no way to estimate most of the several variables that need to be inputted to get a decent result. Too much is unknown.

Myself and at least one other person on this forum have calculated that if one considered XRP to represent an equal value to BTC, the price would be approaching $5 US.

Appreciate the response. Thanks!

4 hours ago, dr_ed said:

Don't neglect your own physical needs or the well-being of your family.  Just sell a kidney.

And remember folks...   this good advice is coming straight from the mouth of a Doctor.  It’s always wise to follow your Doctors advice.   :JC_doubleup:

(PS.   Don’t forget...  do not sell your third kidney...  you need to keep at least one. )

12 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

And remember folks...   this good advice is coming straight from the mouth of a Doctor.  It’s always wise to follow your Doctors advice.   :JC_doubleup:

(PS.   Don’t forget...  do not sell your third kidney...  you need to keep at least one. )

Here in the UK you can legally donate a kidney, but not get any money for it. 

36 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Nothing I EVER say here should be considered financial or medical advice. Besides, I'm a dentist, not a "real doctor".  Please don't sell any body parts, legal or not, on my recommendation.....and do your own DD on XRP  and all cryptos.....Hehehe.

And donating a kidney is a act of love and sacrifice, and anyone who does it has my greatest respect and admiration. I would only do it for someone in my family, and they'd owe me forever. lol. 

"See this scar, kid?  How can you behave like that when I donated a bodily organ for you?"

43 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Nothing I EVER say here should be considered financial or medical advice. Besides, I'm a dentist, not a "real doctor".  Please don't sell any body parts, legal or not, on my recommendation.....and do your own DD on XRP  and all cryptos.....Hehehe.

And donating a kidney is a act of love and sacrifice, and anyone who does it has my greatest respect and admiration. I would only do it for someone in my family, and they'd owe me forever. lol. 

"See this scar, kid?  How can you behave like that when I donated a bodily organ for you?"

54 minutes ago, Plikk said:

If you only knew my back story, Plikk .I hunted with my father from the time he could carry me in what he called his "hunting sack", which was long before I could even walk.

Feature a few men, walking through a shallow swamp at night with a bright gas lantern....The year is maybe 1959....Among them.... a pre-school boy. Me.

In the distance, the sounds of a big pack of hounds on the tree. To my old man, the sweetest music in the world.

In the lantern light, a dozen snakes glide along silently just behind us

"Don't worry, son,  just keep walkin'. They won't bother us.."