Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

10 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

He called the BTC chart "orderly".....and that is true, and somewhat surprising to me given the volatility that I know can occur in BTC. To me, it's very bullish...and I think so because to me it indicates that we haven't yet even reached a point where many people at all are interested in cashing out. Nobody wants to sell at these levels.

I think that the sentiment around here also supports the above assertion.  Is there really anyone around who thinks that BTC will not crack 20-30k?

Even if we look at BTC recent run from the perspective of price manipulation, there is a lot of fuel left in the market to push BTC much higher.  Most alts are at multi-year lows in relation to BTC;  manipulators could easily pour some BTC gains into alts to push them higher, sell them at higher prices back into BTC to trigger another leg up, and then rinse and repeat until the entire market is grossly overbought.  We are nowhere close to that point yet.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

Posted Images

It seems that utility will only drives price up when market makers step in and start holding large amounts of XRP (along with FI's). But as long as there are an abundance of coins available each month, utility won't drive price up much.

Does anyone understand how the patent/mechanism Bob Way discussed ties into all of this? It definitely seems that XRPs price will be tied to BTC going up for the foreseeable future.

54 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

It seems that utility will only drives price up when market makers step in and start holding large amounts of XRP (along with FI's). But as long as there are an abundance of coins available each month, utility won't drive price up much.

Does anyone understand how the patent/mechanism Bob Way discussed ties into all of this? It definitely seems that XRPs price will be tied to BTC going up for the foreseeable future.

I think you're pretty much right.....the best I could make out of what Bob W. was saying is that it involved something along the lines of targeted airdrops to potential liquidity providers....somebody correct me if I'm way off on that.

It will be interesting to see how they work with Moneygram. I predict MGI will get free XRP out the wazoo. And that's a good thing, probably.

This whole BTC driven bull run may be over well before widespread XRP adoption for any use case. But as we go forward, the story on Ripple and XRP is positive enough to keep price appreciating. Sorry no $589 right away. That was never anything but made-up bullish*t.

Edited by dr_ed
5 minutes ago, Sirbergan said:

No-one ever really believed in $589 within a short time span, apart from a few YouTube nutters. Did they? That would be nuts.

On the contrary, these BS fantasies get widespread attention and tend to influence those in the community least able to judge for themselves what's going on.  The whole phenomenon is not about crypto at all, but rather about making money on utube clicks, which is what drives the rumor mill. I don't think anybody expects $589 now, but last October plenty of otherwise sane people were willing to suspend their disbelief and play along.

Utube is great sometimes...and sometimes it's a huge pile of steaming garbage. A lot of people lack the critical thinking skills and the basic financial understanding to separate the bean dip from the sheep sh*t.

14 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

On the contrary, these BS fantasies get widespread attention and tend to influence those in the community least able to judge for themselves what's going on.  The whole phenomenon is not about crypto at all, but rather about making money on utube clicks, which is what drives the rumor mill. I don't think anybody expects $589 now, but last October plenty of otherwise sane people were willing to suspend their disbelief and play along.

Utube is great sometimes...and sometimes it's a huge pile of steaming garbage. A lot of people lack the critical thinking skills and the basic financial understanding to separate the bean dip from the sheep sh*t.

I've watched coins like ETH run from $2 to $1,200 (and stabilize around $300), with very little institutional usage or adoption. It really makes me wonder how XRP is still under .50, as well as question why future demand/price increases "must be slow & gradual"

1 hour ago, XRPboi said:

There is a massive amount of discussions on this forum about this very topic

And here are some great write ups from galgitron

http://galgitron.net/Post/Is-XRP-Too-Fast-to-Be-Worth-Anything

http://galgitron.net/Post/How-xRapid-Worksand-Doesnt

And here is the place where this discussion belongs IMO - a new thread

Edited by VanHasen
No offense
2 hours ago, XRPboi said:

I've watched coins like ETH run from $2 to $1,200 (and stabilize around $300), with very little institutional usage or adoption. It really makes me wonder how XRP is still under .50, as well as question why future demand/price increases "must be slow & gradual"

considering xrp is #3 in terms of market cap, it's had it's share of similar runs. you can't just look at the price.