Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

2 hours ago, VanHasen said:

This is why this market needs regulation, exactly this situation is what the SEC should have protected us from. They didnt - but they will use it as excuse to bolster their way of regulating by enforcement and they will keep on hunting the utility projects to protect their friends at JPM, BTC, ETH, Wallstreet while scams are free to thrive!

The SEC made two very bad moves that hurt people:

• Give a “free pass” as you said. That was pure corruption by those two individuals. We have seen that other commissioners weren’t even aware (Roisman and Pierce)
  • Mix guidance with politics. Gensler wants the SEC to regulate everything, which is inappropriate IMO but he was also right about a lot of them being frauds and securities.

That said, no one would have listened to the SEC anyway. 

I wouldn’t take refuge in BTC/ETH just because alts are down more these past 4 days. Energy prices aren’t coming down unless Russian oil/gas is completely unsanctioned either through negotiations or end of war. Proof of work tokens are going to be under increasing pressure here from governments.

23 minutes ago, Ripley said:

I wouldn’t take refuge in BTC/ETH just because alts are down more these past 4 days. Energy prices aren’t coming down unless Russian oil/gas is completely unsanctioned either through negotiations or end of war. Proof of work tokens are going to be under increasing pressure here from governments.

Agree and as I already said a few times - I think europe is going to be one of the first to ban POW one or the other way. As european I believe we are at the verge of an energy crisis - the war has become a longterm threat -- the chance to de-escalate the situation was put to death as the west quickly moved to smash the hammer on russia, pouring just more oil on the fire at the cost of every european, ukrainian and russian citizen. Its devastating, unbelievebly to even think of this could happen in europe 2022. Theres no russian, no ukrainian or other nationals to blame than this 60+ years old f*cks who still rule the world!

21 minutes ago, VanHasen said:

Agree and as I already said a few times - I think europe is going to be one of the first to ban POW one or the other way. As european I believe we are at the verge of an energy crisis - the war has become a longterm threat -- the chance to de-escalate the situation was put to death as the west quickly moved to smash the hammer on russia, pouring just more oil on the fire at the cost of every european, ukrainian and russian citizen. Its devastating, unbelievebly to even think of this could happen in europe 2022. Theres no russian, no ukrainian or other nationals to blame than this 60+ years old f*cks who still rule the world!

There are larger strategic reasons beyond the scope of this forum, but I did hear one quip a couple of weeks ago - "The U.S. will fight Russia until the last European" :) 

16 minutes ago, VanHasen said:

Its about germany doing a tax break on cryptocurrencies generally

The headline, as always, is misleading.

Indeed it is, always pays to read the whole thing. The title is clickbaity (what isn't today?), but let's face it - BTC and ETH are despite the now more than half a decade's worth of wishes of majority of XRP holders still the biggest crypto assets(?) by a large margin, and the proposed legislation clearly demonstrates that there is no change of stance from one of the biggest economies in the world as to any differentiation of crypto by any type, colour, taste or smell, since it is essentially a carte blanche.

So I do not see this as any "attack" on PoW coins, quite the contrary. Why would any government give tax incentives to hold anything they are planing on banning or at least regulating out of existence? Well, one answer could be that they are totally clueless about crypto, as they are about most things, another could be there are some powerful vested interests here at play and it would not be the first time a government pushed through a legislation that favours a specific group of individuals and or/businesses based on "advice" from industry experts, a.k.a. insiders. Maybe they just took a leaf out of Hinmans's book?

But let's not derail this thread even more than it is, back to pennants, lines and trends, shall we?

51 minutes ago, VanHasen said:

Its about germany doing a tax break on cryptocurrencies generally

The headline, as always, is misleading.

I'd start worrying when Germany lowers tax on energy, especially gas.

5 hours ago, QuestionMark said:

So are you loading up the truck now?

What exchange is that.  Bittrex has it at .51.  yesterday when coin market cap had luna at 1.50 it was trading at $8 on bittrex.   I haven't picked up any yet.  Think I'll wait a little longer on this.  

Not sure how long the carnage will last.  Buying opportunities all around especially XRP.

9 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

What exchange is that.  Bittrex has it at .51.  yesterday when coin market cap had luna at 1.50 it was trading at $8 on bittrex.   I haven't picked up any yet.  Think I'll wait a little longer on this.  

Not sure how long the carnage will last.  Buying opportunities all around especially XRP.

Right. LUNA is trading below 1 cent now.

https://www.binance.com/en/trade/LUNA_USDT

17 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Just a livecoinwatch.com screenshot.

You are a braver man than I if you are buying now. If Luna comes back from this it will be a first. To me this whole thing screams Bitconnect all over again.

8 minutes ago, QuestionMark said:

To me this whole thing screams Bitconnect all over again.

Think you're right and there are too many bargains on good coins to be messing around with a dead cat bounce play.