Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

2 hours ago, AlejoMoreno said:

A lot of people on the sidelines are going to be skeptical of the recovery until it's too late to buy in; then they will miss the boat.

For those of us that have been here for a long time, we're just enjoying the ride up!

Correct, looking for confirmation after it’s already risen by 80% before jumping in with confidence, while the smart money was going in at near the bottom. Are we going all the way back up and making a new BTC ATH? . I can’t be certain but I’m better positioned now because of my buys at the lower levels….. here’s hoping for another tax burden 😬 

6 minutes ago, Trentsteel said:

Correct, looking for confirmation after it’s already risen by 80% before jumping in with confidence, while the smart money was going in at near the bottom. Are we going all the way back up and making a new BTC ATH? . I can’t be certain but I’m better positioned now because of my buys at the lower levels….. here’s hoping for another tax burden 😬 

I’ll never understand why people buy after pumps. Never. 

14 hours ago, Neurotoxin said:

I’ll never understand why people buy after pumps. Never. 

Well most people are sheep and only follow when they receive 1598437 confirmations that yes, something is “safe”. It’s easy to exploit, too. I joined this new startup 6 months ago as a part time side gig just like 3 other guys, about 6 weeks in I thought this seems good, dropped the 9-5 went full time and asked to be promoted. Those other part time guys? They waited for me to get results and wanted my feedback on how I’m doing as a manager with extra workload, to first leave their 9-5 and then ask for promotion. Now they’re all fighting for the newly opened manager position and it’s gonna be far tougher than it was for me, because we’ve grown by a lot within 3-4 months and HR has become super picky. 

It’s just people and their comfort zone… move in quick or be left behind. 

Found a good amount of USDC I forgot I had. Added some $RVP, $WEX, $ORAI yesterday. BTFP! 

BTC supply trending off the exchanges. Won’t take too much more for the velocity of price appreciation to continue.

An interesting repeating trade pattern the charts are showing us...

As a coder trying to write "solutions" for profitable algorithmic trading, I continue to monitor the one minute period trade action of the four tokens: BTC/ETH/XRP/BNB. 

Just now (UTC 19:15 01AUG2021) we just saw - AGAIN, same as yesterday's - the following pattern of simultaneous action in the four markets I'm watching (see chart below)... 

In fact, when I saw the four live charts on my monitors all dropping in sync precipitously, I said "ok, here we go again, watch it reverse sharply to a higher price point in a few minutes..." And sure enuf (see below).

My thoughts on this is the following... The taker bots patiently wait for a gentle rise above the EMAs, followed by a gentle descent below the EMAs, then they start taking out all the bids, triggering many stops, then they wait for the ask stacks to adjust, then they snap them all back up again and wait for the rest of the market to join in on the mini-pump, when they then cash out for some quick gains, and go back to sleep, waiting for the next time.

Remember - these actions are not isolated to one market, but occurring in sync across many other concurrently.

1303857003_ScreenShot2021-08-01at12_32_15PM.png.347a9052832c37b545026602b7de1266.png

Edited by JASCoder

54 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

Remember - these actions are not isolated to one market, but occurring in sync across many other concurrently.

So although the market is highly synched, there is enough slight difference that the actual EMAs wouldn’t be exactly in the same state all the time would they?  It doesn’t look that way to my haphazard occasional looks.  (But I could easily be wrong.)

Which means that the trigger condition wouldn’t be every time the sequence happened would it?  Wouldn’t at least one be unready?

Or do they all stay in same state?  If this is a regular pattern then it would definitely be a short period trade opportunity.

Whatever rewards you see from your efforts will be well deserved because of the diligence and generous information sharing you practice.  Good luck to you sir.

33 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

So although the market is highly synched, there is enough slight difference that the actual EMAs wouldn’t be exactly in the same state all the time would they?  It doesn’t look that way to my haphazard occasional looks.  (But I could easily be wrong.)

Which means that the trigger condition wouldn’t be every time the sequence happened would it?  Wouldn’t at least one be unready?

Or do they all stay in same state?  If this is a regular pattern then it would definitely be a short period trade opportunity.

Whatever rewards you see from your efforts will be well deserved because of the diligence and generous information sharing you practice.  Good luck to you sir.

Most astute question, Billy-san.

Below are three snaps of the pre-trigger conditions, with the three EMAs (7,25,99) of 1m periods :

The key metric could be the fact all slopes of the two shorter EMAs are all negative... 

( snaps are ordered as BNB/ETH/BTC )
34979607_ScreenShot2021-08-01at2_18_44PM.png.da902737d0365b0be5312e5622808df5.png504982414_ScreenShot2021-08-01at2_19_07PM.png.005cbc4a337780629aa71429377e2437.png1296527252_ScreenShot2021-08-01at2_19_20PM.png.71cf969e023ebcd046e55472544ed4a5.png

Haven't posted in two days and honestly nothing really has changed - Bitcoin is still in the $30k-$40k range, Bitcoin's price made a go at the trend line on Sunday but backed off before touching it.  A price of $42,900 will break the trend line today.  Again I expect Bitcoin's price to break through the trend line on high volume and I wouldn't expect that over the weekend so I'm not surprised it didn't go on Sunday. 

On 7/31/2021 at 7:06 AM, captainjack said:

@Eric123 thoughts on the recent developments in the SEC vs Ripple case and whether they indicate a settlement is close or not?

Settlement is always on the table and theoretically the longer the case lasts the closer it is to a settlement, but that's really a nothing answer.  I doubt a settlement will happen until at least discovery is completed also although Summary Judgment Motions will be filed, I doubt this case will be decided by Summary Judgment.  Personally, If I were running the show for Ripple I would want a decisive win at trial which I believe they can get.  Ripple would do the entire Crypto space a huge service by crushing the SEC at trial.   

I like Jeremy Hogan, Esq.'s videos, but the one he did on Settlement I thought was completely off the mark.  I see no reason why Ripple should give any concessions at all.  As far as I can see Ripple has their foot on the neck of the SEC.

SEC v. Ripple,et al., isn't really the type of case you want to end by Settlement or Summary Judgment, this case will set precedent for the entire industry - Ripple is the best financed company in the crypto space - they essentially have unlimited funds- this is the best opportunity to create a pro-crypto legal decision that the industry will ever have and that decision will help every other crypto.

8 2 2021.png

29 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Haven't posted in two days and honestly nothing really has changed - Bitcoin is still in the $30k-$40k range, Bitcoin's price made a go at the trend line on Sunday but backed off before touching it.  A price of $42,900 will break the trend line today.  Again I expect Bitcoin's price to break through the trend line on high volume and I wouldn't expect that over the weekend so I'm not surprised it didn't go on Sunday. 

Settlement is always on the table and theoretically the longer the case lasts the closer it is to a settlement, but that's really a nothing answer.  I doubt a settlement will happen until at least discovery is completed also although Summary Judgment Motions will be filed, I doubt this case will be decided by Summary Judgment.  Personally, If I were running the show for Ripple I would want a decisive win at trial which I believe they can get.  Ripple would do the entire Crypto space a huge service by crushing the SEC at trial.   

I like Jeremy Hogan, Esq.'s videos, but the one he did on Settlement I thought was completely off the mark.  I see no reason why Ripple should give any concessions at all.  As far as I can see Ripple has their foot on the neck of the SEC.

SEC v. Ripple,et al., isn't really the type of case you want to end by Settlement or Summary Judgment, this case will set precedent for the entire industry - Ripple is the best financed company in the crypto space - they essentially have unlimited funds- this is the best opportunity to create a pro-crypto legal decision that the industry will ever have and that decision will help every other crypto.

8 2 2021.png

But can it run the full coarse? SEC do not need this case to continue and will settle to avoid setting a precedent it does not like.  In any case won't it now be dismissed on summary Judgment on the Fair Notice defence?

Very interesting stuff going on in Congress and it is looking like Congress are going to stamp of "non green" PoW tech and even PoS too.  Leaving XRP king of the field

on top of all this China are getting very anti private blockchain

It looks as if Gensler is working with Congress on this and he will want to end the SEC/Ripple fight - Gensler will want to start fights that suit his agenda in controlling Exchanges and "non green" PoW type crypto.

Interested in your thoughts?

Edited by Julian_Williams

9 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Very interesting stuff going on in Congress and it is looking like Congress are going to stamp of "non green" PoW tech and even PoS too.  Leaving XRP king of the field

I can't answer this questions without getting political.  I want to leave that off this board.  

1 hour ago, Eric123 said:

SEC v. Ripple,et al., isn't really the type of case you want to end by Settlement or Summary Judgment, this case will set precedent for the entire industry

I once thought that too, but is it really tho? An ongoing case costs them a lot money and much worse it slows down adoption in us where they are losing market share to its competition (for example potential stellar/moneygram aquisition) 

This is some serious money they have to leave on the table and far outweighs the fine (whatever it might be) they would have to pay on a settlement, as long as they can get clarity for xrp and their future sales. 

Now I dont think ripple should fight for the whole industry anymore (especially in light of stellar-moneygram rumors and all the others suddenly trying to do what ripple is doing with odl)

There is nothing for ripple to gain on fighting the long fight, but a lot when they get clarity while competition is left in muddy waters... IMO

Edited by VanHasen

Interesting to note, the rising ETH_BTC trade price is approaching the last high of early July.

Perhaps the approaching London Fork in a few days is the hype spurring this current trend ?

Might be a good trade to move some ETH back into BTC after the event is completed.

On 8/1/2021 at 3:39 PM, JASCoder said:

An interesting repeating trade pattern the charts are showing us...

As a coder trying to write "solutions" for profitable algorithmic trading, I continue to monitor the one minute period trade action of the four tokens: BTC/ETH/XRP/BNB. 

Just now (UTC 19:15 01AUG2021) we just saw - AGAIN, same as yesterday's - the following pattern of simultaneous action in the four markets I'm watching (see chart below)... 

In fact, when I saw the four live charts on my monitors all dropping in sync precipitously, I said "ok, here we go again, watch it reverse sharply to a higher price point in a few minutes..." And sure enuf (see below).

My thoughts on this is the following... The taker bots patiently wait for a gentle rise above the EMAs, followed by a gentle descent below the EMAs, then they start taking out all the bids, triggering many stops, then they wait for the ask stacks to adjust, then they snap them all back up again and wait for the rest of the market to join in on the mini-pump, when they then cash out for some quick gains, and go back to sleep, waiting for the next time.

1303857003_ScreenShot2021-08-01at12_32_15PM.png.347a9052832c37b545026602b7de1266.png

Hurry up with that script! The sooner you do, the less it’ll matter whether it moons or not, as you’ll be booking profits off the volatility with your bots riding on the backs of the whales and their stop loss hunting. “The piggyback bot” You could even sell it for a high price :)