Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

11 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

I do not think that upcoming bear matket will be any different for alts, so at least 80% drop expected from ATH

If ADA goes to 5 than buy back is at 1 at least.

Question is, why sell 20% not whole stack, if you believe that buy back is gonna be at least x2 lower? It means that 80% just floating without being realised?

If you bought for 0.1, sold for 2.5, and bought back at 1, you have as twice more than if you hodl (ex. Tax etc.)

I just say 80% to HODL ev3n for rest of 4 years is too big.

It’s all speculative. 5X is a good spot to take initial profits so that’s where the 20% comes in. ADA has already corrected 40% off its all time high so if this really was the top then it has 40% left to the downside to make the full 80% correction per your example.

Statistically and historically, most people cannot time the market, the only thing you can control is how much time you spend in the market.

The most important driver still remains bitcoin, and I can’t say with certainty where it is going over the next few months, I feel a lot more confident saying where it will go in the long term.

15 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

It’s all speculative. 5X is a good spot to take initial profits so that’s where the 20% comes in. ADA has already corrected 40% off its all time high so if this really was the top then it has 40% left to the downside to make the full 80% correction per your example.

Statistically and historically, most people cannot time the market, the only thing you can control is how much time you spend in the market.

The most important driver still remains bitcoin, and I can’t say with certainty where it is going over the next few months, I feel a lot more confident saying where it will go in the long term.

Yeah, it just most here got into ADA before it even was 0.10, I presume. As of myself I bought at 0.25 and sold at 1.89, as I think it already overheated, x7.3 times was more than enough for me.

Like it went almost x100, and almost x3 from 2017 ATH, for me its more than enough to press sell button, I wanted to do it at between 2.25-2.50 but than, risk imho was not worth that.

Now ADA converted into USDC on interest account until next iterration and not fact they go to ADA again 😁

So based just on simple data, I think in my case taking just 20% was too small, in case of nowaday, well depends on entrypoint.

Well, its not easy to press sell button anyway, but profit is profit.

we will float around 30-35 for a week or maybe two, then in the 20-30 range for a month, then down / down / down for 12-18 months. we in a bear market guys (IMHO)

6 minutes ago, Dario_o said:

Next target?

Honestly, I think we might just trend sideways in the upper 70’s to high 90’s or so for a few weeks and maybe up to a few months, but as I always say, nobody knows for certain and this is not financial advice. 

Posted (edited)

This is harsh, and XRP is looking to have started a bear market (I think) , but not BTC. The conditions for calling this the start of a new bear market have still not been met.  IF BTC bounces so does XRP and XRP will still be bullish IMO.  But I am not a TA expert

Edited by Julian_Williams

I sold off about 30% of my xrp I was holding for three years. 

BTC looks like it wants to gain dominance back whether it bounces, or bleeds less slower than alts.

If we already entered the bear market it will redefine how we look at market cycles going forward. No proper blow of top and no kind of relief rally for this rapid, severe correction. 2018 even had glimmers off some hope  as it chopped upwards but this is the Niagara Falls of dumps so far.

If there ever was a time for the market to do the opposite of sentiment and break to the upside, it has its opportunity to do so.