Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

So a multibillionaire says investing in btc is a mistake he made, all traders sell consequently, crash the price and then he buys back at 30% lower price.

Why don't you simply give him your money? Why do it complicated?  ask him the bank account number and make directly a donation.

:spinlol:

2 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

So a multibillionaire says investing in btc is a mistake he made, all traders sell consequently, crash the price and then he buys back at 30% lower price.

Why don't you simply give him your money? Why do it complicated?  ask him the bank account number and make directly a donation.

:spinlol:

Matt Levine had an amusing comment this morning... 

Yeah the way he implied that is by tweeting “Tesla has diamond hands,” only with a diamond emoji and a hands emoji instead of the words “diamond” and “hands.” It would be funny if Tesla was dumping all of its Bitcoins while he was tweeting that. Would it be fraud? Imagine being the Securities and Exchange Commission and trying to bring that case.[2] “Your Honor, clearly the diamond emoji followed by the hands emoji meant that Tesla was not selling any of its Bitcoin holdings, and market participants would have interpreted it that way.” Absolutely true! Yet somehow embarrassing to say. 

34 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

Matt Levine had an amusing comment this morning... 

and you really think such people do what they say and say what they do?

4 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

and you really think such people do what they say and say what they do?

heh heh - I'd love to see the SEC try to build a case over his two emoji tweet !

14 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

heh heh - I'd love to see the SEC try to build a case over his two emoji tweet !

I just know one thing: if fiat trading is the place where the worst cheating happens, crypto is still worse.

So, was he, or was someone else?

are rumours true, half true or 100% lie?

I  am not following this forum anymore (by chance i am here, but I have just read in the press about Chinese central bank (you probably know it already). So is this also a fake decision just to shake the market? is it for real?

4 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

I just know one thing: if fiat trading is the place where the worst cheating happens, crypto is still worse.

I  am not following this forum anymore (by chance i am here, but I have just read in the press about Chinese central bank (you probably know it already). So is this also a fake decision just to shake the market? is it for real?

IMO it’s one final shakeout before we’re off to the races for the final top to end this bull season. It’s incredible how institutions do this “in plain sight” for everyone to see and nothing is done about it. They’re allowed to do as they please with the markets. Using their influence to spread fear in retail investors and getting them to sell while they buy the bottom. They then use that same influence to manipulate the market in the other direction and sell into the rally to the upside that they also created. In plain sight for everyone to see and yet it goes unnoticed by most...

4 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

History will label trading in these times, as an "untamed market."
Fun times :) 

Posted (edited)

I don't mind a certain amount of market manipulation. When you know what you're doing, there are benefits to big market moves in either direction. We can be like the tick birds on a rhinoceros and not necessarily be limited by which direction our host happens to be going. 

What bugs me is when I'm denied the ability to seize an opportunity, due to factors outside of my control. Coinbase Prime (for business and institutional accounts) just rebranded this week to Coinbase Exchange [insert eye roll here]. They announced the deadline to move API's and log in from the new URL. And I did so. In the heat of the action yesterday morning, however, that site crashed. No buying or selling available for way too long. You'd think with their size and available resources that they could meet their customers' needs, including during peak demand.

And don't even get me started about the SEC/Ripple lawsuit and subsequent delistings from most exchanges, right when XRP was ready to begin its move toward its 2018 ATH and I was fully loaded up and buckled in for the ride.

Edited by GoldenGoose

When you get a move in Bitcoin like what happened yesterday charting really isn't all that helpful.  Yesterday was emotion driven capitulation.  Newcomers got to learn what being in crypto is all about.  For you guys that held and better yet bought more, you have another story to tell. 

The bitcoin price stopped falling at the 425 DAY EMA - not that that is a level anyone watches.

Crypto always surprises to the upside and the downside and it looks like yesterday took a lot of people by surprise.  I'm pretty sure it will a lot of people will also be surprised by how fast Bitcoin moves up again.

5 20 2021.png

On 5/19/2021 at 12:15 PM, JASCoder said:

Would the SEC have authority to regulate something they have already deemed to not be a security?

Bitcoin's price is above the 200 Day MA (moving average) but below the 200 Day EMA (exponential moving average).  I usually use EMA's and not MA's though MA's are popular with a lot of chart analysts.  Either way I don't expect Bitcoin's price to remain below the 200 Day EMA for long.  

5 21 2021.png