Jump to content

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

2 hours ago, Eric123 said:

Raoul Pal has stated that Coinbase's listing would draw money away from Bitcoin and provide a headwind toward Bitcoin reaching $100k.  We will see how this plays out.

I used to read his twitter posts religiously, but these days you have to wade through masses of (self) promotional rubbish to find the one nugget of information. I gave up :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eric123"Raoul Pal has stated that Coinbase's listing would draw money away from Bitcoin and provide a headwind toward Bitcoin reaching $100k.  We will see how this plays out."

It could be true , right now we re seing all coins going down a bit , I'm not saying it's because of coinbase IPO listing BUT I see a lot of people talking about taking off some of their coins on reddit to invest in Coinbase at 250$ ( it's now 390$ minutes later ).

Edited by Baka
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Baka said:

@Eric123"Raoul Pal has stated that Coinbase's listing would draw money away from Bitcoin and provide a headwind toward Bitcoin reaching $100k.  We will see how this plays out."

It could be true , right now we re seing all coins going down a bit , I'm not saying it's because of coinbase IPO listing BUT I see a lot of people talking about taking off some of their coins on reddit to invest in Coinbase at 250$ ( it's now 390$ minutes later ).

GameStop 2.0, I think Raol is delusional as anyone who thinks that Coinbase can eat BTC dinner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

GameStop 2.0, I think Raol is delusional as anyone who thinks that Coinbase can eat BTC dinner.

I don't know ,I still think BTC will go up and alts .

But I mean really short term(like today), maybe Coinbase IPO listing could make people switch some % of their portfolio into it .

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Baka said:

I don't know ,I still think BTC will go up and alts .

But I mean really short term(like today), maybe Coinbase IPO listing could make people switch some % of their portfolio into it .

Its a correction, business as usual. I would big players entered long time beofre it. But yeah, April is not finished, am bullish.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

Let's all pile into the Coinbase IPO...as DeFi takes off, Binance continues to grow rapidly, and right before Gensler finally approves the first bitcoin ETF and all the major institutions can start listing crypto assets.

It's fallen from $399 to now $312 ... 

FWIW, I reviewed the launch history of a few other Direct Listing debuts, such as Spotify's, and in the four cases I checked, they all consistantly dropped from the opening trades for four consecutive days, then began ascending. 

I'll be looking to maybe buy in a little early next week if this looks like COIN's following same pattern. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

It's fallen from $399 to now $312 ... 

FWIW, I reviewed the launch history of a few other Direct Listing debuts, such as Spotify's, and in the four cases I checked, they all consistantly dropped from the opening trades for four consecutive days, then began ascending. 

I'll be looking to maybe buy in a little early next week if this looks like COIN's following same pattern. 

Yea I think it's going to quickly turn into a nice buying opportunity like you say. Not to over conflate everything with XRP, but they do still have the relisting in their back pocket. And with the sheer volume of trades that XRP brings, they will be able to show those boosted revenues in Q2/Q3 depending when it happens. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

It's fallen from $399 to now $312 ... 

FWIW, I reviewed the launch history of a few other Direct Listing debuts, such as Spotify's, and in the four cases I checked, they all consistantly dropped from the opening trades for four consecutive days, then began ascending. 

I'll be looking to maybe buy in a little early next week if this looks like COIN's following same pattern. 

Speaking of investing in CB... I hear persistent rumours, that CB is one of those x, that have been using their clients' frozen XRP's to enrich themselves elsewhere. Couple of days ago read of another lady, who hasn't been able to get her XRP's out of CB for this whole delisting period, which goes against what CB help section says ("you will be able to deposit and withdraw..."). Just wondering how much truth is in those rumours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rom said:

Speaking of investing in CB... I hear persistent rumours, that CB is one of those x, that have been using their clients' frozen XRP's to enrich themselves elsewhere. Couple of days ago read of another lady, who hasn't been able to get her XRP's out of CB for this whole delisting period, which goes against what CB help section says ("you will be able to deposit and withdraw..."). Just wondering how much truth is in those rumours.

I'm skeptical, as large enterprise-level corporations have layers and layers of workers, managers, directors, etc.
PLUS they're now publicly traded, under even more scrutiny.

To implement a process as you describe, would involved multiple teams of workers all part of a conspiracy, with no whistle blowers ratting them out. 

For a corp earning such massive profits with legitimate operations, it would be an insane risk of all the conspirators risking crime and punishment. All for what ??
Just so the company can realize a tiny additional profit...

o.O 

Very unlikely, imho. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I have a buy order in at $282 for COIN.  First time I am potentially buying individual stock since the March dip last year.

Where are you buying this? I only have a Robinhood account for stocks hehe. @JASCoder mentioned somewhere where they’re offering it (or maybe it was someone else? Idk, just caught up on a lot of pages of unread content) but I forgot to write it down. I’d also like to “buy the dip” of this Coinbase IPO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

Where are you buying this? I only have a Robinhood account for stocks hehe. @JASCoder mentioned somewhere where they’re offering it (or maybe it was someone else? Idk, just caught up on a lot of pages of unread content) but I forgot to write it down. I’d also like to “buy the dip” of this Coinbase IPO. 

Here is the Alert Banner when I sign in to my Schwab account: 

Quote

For clients interested in information regarding Coinbase Global, Inc.'s Direct Public Offering (DPO), Coinbase shares began publicly trading today under the symbol "COIN". For more information on DPOs, please visit the Trading and Margin FAQs at Schwab.com/FAQs. DPOs are generally regarded as high-risk investments, and Schwab is not recommending the purchase of any particular DPO. You should decide whether any investment in any particular DPO is suitable to you.

NOTE: "DPO" is Direct Public Offering - COIN is not an IPO.

Hope this helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

Where are you buying this? I only have a Robinhood account for stocks hehe. @JASCoder mentioned somewhere where they’re offering it (or maybe it was someone else? Idk, just caught up on a lot of pages of unread content) but I forgot to write it down. I’d also like to “buy the dip” of this Coinbase IPO. 

Vanguard. Old company that Prob not a lot of millennials use with low fees and DIY Investing. That’s where the 30 year conventional plan for auto investment towards my Roth IRA goes in case I lose my crypto keys in a boating accident. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.