Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

1 hour ago, MQB said:

1834892640_BTCcurve.thumb.jpg.914b52bc446ebb57f2e58e274c78e83a.jpg

Here is a popular chart for BTC price of this cycle.

It's a little bit bigger your number @jMusic and roughly in line with @Eric's but the timing is a little off

It fits one of your theories about right? @automatic  @Plikk

For BTC, the S2F model has been pretty on point for the previous cycles. This would mean a BTC price of 250-400k is possible, but I don't see it going any higher. Once prices keep increasing so do the people predicting more and more outrageous price predictions. Be careful of that :) It's time for the alts now to shine first now, which is looking great.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

4 hours ago, Eric123 said:

but I decided against it

That was very strategic from you. Quite a few folks hearts could have stopped. Nevertheless, this is the la futura I intend for myself – cash out at  XRP=10.

3 hours ago, Plikk said:

For BTC, the S2F model has been pretty on point for the previous cycles. This would mean a BTC price of 250-400k is possible, but I don't see it going any higher. Once prices keep increasing so do the people predicting more and more outrageous price predictions. Be careful of that :) It's time for the alts now to shine first now, which is looking great.

As you may already know from my previous posts on the subject, I too use S2F and S2Fx in my long-term analysis. I also include Metcalfe's Law and my own versions of Power Laws and Logarithmic Growth Curves.

I agree with your analysis, but on this occasion I don't mind being wrong to the upside !!

Okay okay, gents, what about timing and alts this cycle?

I am gradually harboring the suspicion that, since all alts have been arising to a certain high level, if BTC peaks within the next two months, most if all alts will launch a collective parabolic run starting several days/a week away from BTC's peak, for a month or 1.5 months. Then alts will be dumped into oblivion while BTC will not dump that much as last cycle.

What say you?

39 minutes ago, NMNR said:

Personally I think alt season is truly waiting for XRP to be deemed all well and good. I see XRP being the spark I.e. a lot of existing XRP holders will sell and spread gains in other alts. 

Good point - I'd imagine there are many potential speculators out there concerned the SEC could come after ANY crypto.

Until either the inept congress makes some sensible new laws, or a judge has made a solid ruling on this whole BS.

35 minutes ago, jMusic said:

For me alt season already started...most of my alt portfolio has increased significantly over the last 4 months. If you expect it to go even further from here then great !

Agreed, alt season has been going on for quite some time now. Many have mooned incredible amounts. I think what people in this forum mean when they say “when will alt season begin?” Is “when is my xrp bag gonna moon?”  

3 hours ago, JASCoder said:

Good point - I'd imagine there are many potential speculators out there concerned the SEC could come after ANY crypto.

Until either the inept congress makes some sensible new laws, or a judge has made a solid ruling on this whole BS.

A case in point. Shipchain. SEC investigation of their ICO put them out of business before xmas

10 hours ago, MQB said:

Okay okay, gents, what about timing and alts this cycle?

I am gradually harboring the suspicion that, since all alts have been arising to a certain high level, if BTC peaks within the next two months, most if all alts will launch a collective parabolic run starting several days/a week away from BTC's peak, for a month or 1.5 months. Then alts will be dumped into oblivion while BTC will not dump that much as last cycle.

What say you?

sounds reasonable

Bitcoin's price is still in a sideways pattern.  Bollinger Bands are back to contracting.  Hashrate near the ATH. Nothing new to report really.  If I had to guess I'd say we might see a little drop in price 2-3k to make everyone think we are getting a head and shoulders pattern before we break out to the upside again. 

4 2 2021.png