Jump to content

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

 

1 minute ago, Finesse said:

Only steers and queers come from Texas and last time I checked steers cant use a phone.

the average iq of someone in Texas is to be laughed at and now I know why you gamble and think your TA means some ****

I saw that movie. Before you were born, son.

I have children older and much better educated than you. You could learn from me if you weren't such an arrogant pr*ck. But you deserve what you'll surely get in the investing world. I'm putting you on ignore. This is stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only thing that's a bit disappointing is that if the anger and personalized attacks weren't a part of these responses, they'd likely be valid points that could be communicated through. Barring those communication issues, I wouldn't mind getting behind at least some of what Finesse is saying since there are valid points scattered throughout. Today's been an interesting day in a few threads =\.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Xrylite said:

I think the only thing that's a bit disappointing is that if the anger and personalized attacks weren't a part of these responses, they'd likely be valid points that could be communicated through. Barring those communication issues, I wouldn't mind getting behind at least some of what Finesse is saying since there are valid points scattered throughout. Today's been an interesting day in a few threads =\.

There has been no anger, text has a way of misleading the writers emotions. 

I just know bull sh*tters to me these people shilling TA and other coins on xrp chat are bull sh*tters. Like how are people on XRP chat able to shill LTC and other alts in " XRP price and speculation" 

And just because the title of this section is "xrp Price and speculation" Does not mean the price and speculation should consist of TA that has no basis in crypto because this market isnt organic. How about we speculate based off current fundamental progress in the sphere?

http://galgitron.net/Post/Weekend-at-Bitcoins 

Read galgitrons op'ed about these bullsh*tters

Edited by Finesse
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Xrylite said:

I think the only thing that's a bit disappointing is that if the anger and personalized attacks weren't a part of these responses, they'd likely be valid points that could be communicated through. Barring those communication issues, I wouldn't mind getting behind at least some of what Finesse is saying since there are valid points scattered throughout. Today's been an interesting day in a few threads =\.

Oh, I understand his point. In fact, I probably understand his point better than he does. I just don't happen to fully agree with it,. I have a great deal of respect for Galgitron too, but if I happen to disagree with him, that hardly makes me a moron. 

Galgitron gets XRP. But I've been investing and blogging about investing for a few years, and I am not without a brain or a basic understanding of these subjects myself.

I deliberately stayed out of cryptos in 2017 because it looked like a bubble to me, but I made bank on Canadian pot stocks, I'm not a pro, but I made 6 figures. While working my day job every day. It pays well too.

 In 2018, I used those wins to do a real estate deal.I own a few million bucks worth of real estate, and I have a decent cash flow,  I make a sh*t ton of money, for a guy who started from zero, which I did. And frankly, that is only a part of my life.  I don't even care that much about money. It's a means to various ends. I could make a lot more if I worked at it more.

My XRP stash puts me in mid-field, I think. I have a fair amount on the line, and I study my ass off. I sure don't intend to listen to some wet-behind-the-ears kid who doesn't know his *ss from a hole in the ground try to parrot what he has carefully memorized to reassure himself he's bullet-proof and way smarter than I am.

You can take your "valid points" and stick 'em where the sun don't shine. You shouldn't stand up for people who act like that. If you do, you're no better than they are. All I ask is to be treated with reasonable respect. He's the one who started the sh*t talking. I just don't happen to take much sh*t. I don't have to. And I won't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

 

Reported him myself. 

Thanks. I wasn't going to. He should just learn some respect for his betters. I want every XRP hodlr here to make bank. His silly accusations that I would ever lead anybody to do anything stupid or imprudent is completely bogus. I consider myself a teacher, for regular working people who would like to learn how to bootstrap themselves. It's my mission in all this, if there is one.

Too bad he isn't ready to learn what I know. It's his loss, not mine.

I was up a LOT today. Hope the real investors all had a good day. That makes up for this little tempest-in-a-tea-cup. My motto, since I was much younger than Finesse, has been this:

Living well is the best revenge.

 

Edited by dr_ed
Link to post
Share on other sites

So you made money on stocks (completely different market that is regulated and not controlled by whales manipulating the price because they'll go to prison) have only been in this space since 2018 make a few trades and think you are an expert in this field able to give financial trading advice.

You say you understand fundamentals but you are just daily trading based off your speculation that the price will increase and you will profit and cut your losses if they don't work out.

I understand your strategy better than you do,  it only works because this market is irrational and being manipulated. You are lucky to do well but in reality you're clinging to the whales coattails luckily, mistaking it for skill and knowledge or ability. 

Day traders never make more then fundamental buy and hold investors in the end. You take your little pennies every day ill take the big haul.

Edited by Finesse
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dr_ed said:

You can take your "valid points" and stick 'em where the sun don't shine. You shouldn't stand up for people who act like that. If you do, you're no better than they are.

Seriously? I felt very neutral in my statement and had some sympathy because I could see a real discussion that could have existed if hostility wasn't the main fuel going on. However, you decide the best response you could give is to bundle me into who you want to push back at? That just brings you down to the same persona that I disagree with.

And yes, there are absolutely valid statements that Finesse mentioned that I can see reasoning in. They are certainly more difficult to pull out just with how it's presented, but I think they're there. Whether you enjoy the fact that someone can logistically agree with points, but disagree with how they're communicated is on you... but you're not making things any less messy in a thread that was otherwise pretty organized prior to all this.

  • I agree that Tether has been known to be very shaded in its connection to BTC.
  • I agree that if the market was regulated, TA would have stronger footing and more support from people that don't believe in it.
  • I agree that there are coins that can't compete with XRP's qualities that are discussed here... however, I do understand that LTC's growth, as well as any other coins growth, is independent at times. XRP is an all-around great coin fundamentally and could get into any market that needed to capture speed and throughput.
  • I am also one that prefers to trust in buy-and-hold rather than market timing. He used "gambling", but I think we're all gambling, but with different inherent interpretations on odds.
  • I agree that Ripple's meetings with giant financial entities and at critical conventions is a lot of hope that XRP has potential. I, personally, don't know of any other crypto asset that is at this phase. However, I do agree that not many are targeting the same market.

 

To be fair, there are things that I don't feel are easy to support:

  • I don't think anyone truly knows how much automation and control whales have in the game. It's great to fall back to as a reason, but I don't think anyone has a way of knowing for sure. I'm more on the lighter side that the control is that powerful, but I admit that I could be wrong due to not having hard evidence.
  • I don't agree that everyone is trying to be the "best person for TA." There's a lot of amateur (as opposed to professional, not poor quality per se) TA here, but I don't think people are doing it for fame or rep. I just don't want TA to treat every motion as "I called it." I'd like scenarios where those people step up where times are wrong and say "Look how different this turned out.. I'm not sure why; or, this [insert news here] caused that to be thrown off hard."
  • I don't agree that everyone is mindlessly following TA, but I do strongly feel there are psychological implications that can impact people when TA is still very early in the crypto lifecycle.
Edited by Xrylite
Minor grammar tweaks.
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Xrylite Thank you for rewording my thoughts in a much more eloquent and organized way.

this right here though

Quote

I don't think anyone truly knows how much automation and control whales have in the game. 

Satoshi himself locked away a million btc that's 900,000,000$ worth of btc, and that's not even including all the people who loaded up when it was pennies or fractions of a penny. The whales and early adopters do have control in my opinion explain how all the charts are damn near spitting images of each other. 

Quote

someone will probably say : "they're connected to btc thats why"

why are they connected to btc? Because they mostly have different blockchain's erc20/btc/xrp there's no logical reason why they should all follow each other in lockstep.

Trading software has been used in wall street before and banned to the best of my knowledge it isnt something foreign or far fetched. Trading bots are a very real reason and able to be used by the wealthy

Edited by Finesse
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Oh, I understand his point. In fact, I probably understand his point better than he does. I just don't happen to fully agree with it,. I have a great deal of respect for Galgitron too, but if I happen to disagree with him, that hardly makes me a moron. 

Galgitron gets XRP. But I've been investing and blogging about investing for a few years, and I am not without a brain or a basic understanding of these subjects myself.

I deliberately stayed out of cryptos in 2017 because it looked like a bubble to me, but I made bank on Canadian pot stocks, I'm not a pro, but I made 6 figures. While working my day job every day. It pays well too.

 In 2018, I used those wins to do a real estate deal.I own a few million bucks worth of real estate, and I have a decent cash flow,  I make a sh*t ton of money, for a guy who started from zero, which I did. And frankly, that is only a part of my life.  I don't even care that much about money. It's a means to various ends. I could make a lot more if I worked at it more.

My XRP stash puts me in mid-field, I think. I have a fair amount on the line, and I study my ass off. I sure don't intend to listen to some wet-behind-the-ears kid who doesn't know his *ss from a hole in the ground try to parrot what he has carefully memorized to reassure himself he's bullet-proof and way smarter than I am.

You can take your "valid points" and stick 'em where the sun don't shine. You shouldn't stand up for people who act like that. If you do, you're no better than they are. All I ask is to be treated with reasonable respect. He's the one who started the sh*t talking. I just don't happen to take much sh*t. I don't have to. And I won't.

Speaking of real estates.  I do flips in DC and had rentals but been looking at Texas for awhile. How is the multi family marker in Austin ?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.