Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

2 hours ago, NMNR said:

$1M BTC, whatever you're smoking let me know haha. 

Marlboro Lights.  Also, you are missing the point; see what @Plikk wrote.  Lastly, think of all the funds that would have to flow into the market to reach BTC price of 200k+ by the end of the year.  What do you think would happen to the price if all such monies entered into the market in the next 8 weeks instead?

1 hour ago, Chookstar said:

@Eric123would you still be buying XRP now? I know you've maintained that stance for a while. I am thinking of selling the last of my shares for XRP. Then I'm pretty much all in on XRP bar a few ALT coins. How about @Plikk, @automatic and @Hopium? I feel like I am jumping into the abyss...

It's a gamble.  Either you make a boatload of money, or you lose no more than 40% (xrp is well supported in the upper 20c-low 30c range) by the time the bull run ends.  It seems like a decent calculated risk, but it's a risk nonetheless.  How would you feel if everything else mooned except for xrp?  Figure that out and you'll have your answer.

Automatic I love your hopium but to be honest, I doubtium your projections a lot. Anybody who pays a million dollars for a BTC in the next 8 weeks, should have their head examined, info, metrics and charts are one thing - reality is somewhat different. Even the most optimistic BTC maxi, has to check in with reality occasionally, unless of course you're this guy:-

Automatic is actually paranoid indeed.

He's deeply troubled about the uncertainty of the market.

He's fearful of missing out, also fearful of losing.

He's not alone. He represents every single gambler in the market, at least a certain maybe dark corner of the soul of every single gambler. Bless his (not)lonely soul!

:big_boss:

Edited by MQB

I think a 1 million BTC price in this cycle is very very unlikely. The money needed to propel it that high including the companies that own thousands of BTC’s would become kinda absurd. 

If this cycle indeed ends in May or so, it would be more likely BTC reaches the full fib extension and reaches ~80k or so. Maybe a fast wick to a 100k. BCBacker whom is a fine analyst, has made some convincing arguments for that scenario. 

Each BTC cycle does have many similarities with previous ones, but is never entirely the same. It’s fun extrapolating possible prices if we would do an exact mimic, but in this case not very likely we do 2013 all over again. Too many arguments to be made why it’s not haha. 

BTC can always surprise. I personally expect BTC to end it cycle at EOY and reach at least 100k+ and hopefully give us 2 alt seasons too. 

For us traders and holders, It is best to have a solid strategy in place for multiple scenario’s. I have multiple exit points for which the first makes sure I get a good chunck of profits if BTC get’s most love and alts only shine briefly for 1 alt season, the second take profit is kinda in between 1 or 2 alt seasons, the third profit take is if we have 2 alt seasons and the fourth is if we get a supercycle in which institutional fomo keeps driving price up for an extended period of time we have not seen before. 

I don’t expect all take profits to execute this cycle, but I would be more than happy if only my first one does. 

Edited by Plikk

9 hours ago, Chookstar said:

@Eric123would you still be buying XRP now? I know you've maintained that stance for a while. I am thinking of selling the last of my shares for XRP. Then I'm pretty much all in on XRP bar a few ALT coins. How about @Plikk, @automatic and @Hopium? I feel like I am jumping into the abyss...

i thought i already provided enough hopium to you all? and you're still in doubt?

i think you're overdosed to a point that you're resistant to hopium effect now, get professional medical help

Bitcoin's price is right at the middle of the Bollinger Bands which continue to Flatten/tighten.  MACD should turn positive within a few days.  

As far as Bitcoin's price potential  - I have learned not think that anything is beyond the realm of possibility.  The People that think Bitcoin can't reach such and such a price are the same ones that thought it could never reach where it is right now. No one really knows, but the list of people that are surprised by Bitcoin's price movements grows by the day. 

XRP has also broken out of it's downtrend on sideways action.  The bollinger bands on XRP are flat/tightening and the MACD is also poised to break positive within a few days. 

3 8 2021.png

XRP.png

20 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Bitcoin's price is right at the middle of the Bollinger Bands which continue to Flatten/tighten.  MACD should turn positive within a few days.  

As far as Bitcoin's price potential  - I have learned not think that anything is beyond the realm of possibility.  The People that think Bitcoin can't reach such and such a price are the same ones that thought it could never reach where it is right now. No one really knows, but the list of people that are surprised by Bitcoin's price movements grows by the day. 

XRP has also broken out of it's downtrend on sideways action.  The bollinger bands on XRP are flat/tightening and the MACD is also poised to break positive within a few days. 

3 8 2021.png

XRP.png

Also the tetragon story was very good news for Ripple, and lifts some weight off XRP.  If BG and CL orders to dismiss charges against them succeeds we will really be seeing more optimism over the SEC case, and the XRP speculation index will be a lot more positive. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

Lol guys, maybe I'll rephrase in a more neutral way.   How's this:

BTC needs to break downwards out of its current ascending triangle, and do so in the next six weeks, if we are to have two alt seasons this year.

If we are in early April and BTC breaks the triangle to the upside, then the countdown timer starts and you have about a month to get out of BTC and two months (if we are lucky) to get out of alts.

Keep this scenario in mind when planning your approach.

15 minutes ago, automatic said:

BTC needs to break downwards out of its current ascending triangle, and do so in the next six weeks, if we are to have two alt seasons this year.

If we are in early April and BTC breaks the triangle to the upside, then the countdown timer starts and you have about a month to get out of BTC and two months (if we are lucky) to get out of alts.

BTC dominance looks primed for a big fall, I hope to see an alt season take place soon. 

This is the first time in a cycle where there are many many altcoins already available and having proven themselves being useful tech. Just saying this cycle doesn’t have to pan out like in 2017 for multiple alt seasons to happen. 

Exciting times!

1 hour ago, automatic said:

No idea myself...   so I’m just asking for indicators...

If Alt season starts after a BTC climb is there any signals that indicate it’s peaked and about to collapse?

8 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

No idea myself...   so I’m just asking for indicators...

If Alt season starts after a BTC climb is there any signals that indicate it’s peaked and about to collapse?

When your mom is buying alt coins, it's time to get out.

53 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

When your mom is buying alt coins, it's time to get out.

I was in a bar just before Christmas with a few fRiends that I hadn’t seen for a while. These guys are definitely non techy, non crypto types. One of them brought up that I had been right all along, that crypto was a thing worth chucking some money at back in 2017. Of course none of them did back then, and I understand that it was a bit complex  to buy anything but BTC in those days for average Joe. 
To have these guys now doing the math and seeing that they could have earned say x10 on an investment in the days of 0% interest on their banking is, to me , telling. Mainstream is waking up, and some of those are moms too.

Edited by WarChest