Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

3 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

That is absolutely a problem I dislike with every asset. Ripple holding so much is a problem. But even in proof of work there is this problem. As the people who were early (including Satoshi's 1mln) will always have the most. PoW does not solve it by sharing the last few of BTC's with a Chinese mining pool while 95% of the allready mined BTC is in hands of only a few people. That exact problem exists everywhere there is value or power unfortunately and is were Satoshi's wish/vision failed because of human greed.

Yes, PoW at initial stage is very vulnerable to all sorts of atacks, but at the same time everyone in the same boat to compete. There are no better alternatives and seems noone wants to solve or come up with any, as people ready to buy anything without asking.

20 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

This is not education. Your portfolio has nothing to do with this. I held some BTC in the past. I can still disagree with BTC's metrics.

This is why start with adhominem was not good choice from you. @Seoulite wrote a loud statement with very basic example, which I disagree and question and it was him to put word "debatable" into the sentence. He/She like many others like to give out onto Bitcoin and they do it on very high level, that covers topics where they are wrong. There was many posts like this and that is reason why I called it bias. I keep bringin double spend problem as one of fundamentals that network is dealing for years and this is where most people cant argue, as they do not cant grasp on what effort it is to keep network public in finance world. Than you jumped in, with completly different topic about biases, though @Seoulite is grown up enough to continue debate.

46 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Q1.  What was before the steamlocomotive and what happened after the steamtrain. Diesel > electricity > magnetic > teleportation (sooooon)

You got question wrong, its was not avout how Bitcoin evolved. 

49 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Q2.  No there are no double spends that we know of. And that for only 121 Terrawatts of electricity annually, impressive!! I've got a tree in my backyard that does not double spend.

Believe me or not, BTC is only the beginning and very soon you will get more things to complain about. If you get your tree to produce energy for your city, than its gonna be cool, apart that cool thay you have the tree.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, jbjnr said:

and so it begins

"China’s Inner Mongolia region plans to ban new cryptocurrency mining projects and shut down existing activity in a bid to cut down on the energy-consuming operation."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/02/china-bitcoin-mining-hub-to-shut-down-cryptocurrency-projects.html

I think it's just fear mongering - they'll be alternative measures to do this. The mining project would probably be relocated to other regions. 

1 hour ago, B088IN said:

How long at current levels before all coins are mined?

2140 is when the last bitcoin will be mined.  More mining power does not really speed up the process as the difficulty is adjusted every two weeks.  More mining just means it's harder to get a reward, they don't come faster (well not after the adjustment anyway)

As always, alts starting to look weaker as BTC dumps. BTC dominance at resistance, if it breaks it, it could signal more downside to come as alts fall harder than BTC in a dump. 

too soon to draw conclusions, let’s just watch how it develops. 

8004F826-37B0-4E04-A561-519303DA3F02.thumb.png.46aaf744d88111be4fdb0a162f32bd8d.png

alt coins could form an inverse head and shoulders. So about 5% more down to go and then form the right shoulder. This would be a positive sign. 

68766DA2-387C-4D74-829A-DC6F5EF2AEA3.thumb.jpeg.3bf85d5d8cff71a5dda4c863ef9fc0cc.jpeg

4 hours ago, jbjnr said:

and so it begins

"China’s Inner Mongolia region plans to ban new cryptocurrency mining projects and shut down existing activity in a bid to cut down on the energy-consuming operation."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/02/china-bitcoin-mining-hub-to-shut-down-cryptocurrency-projects.html

I think China will want to maintain their grip on btc until it is no longer useful. The power to cause billions in economic damage to Americans rich and poor at the flick of a switch won’t be given up lightly. 

3 hours ago, brianwalden said:

The new blockchain Tesla: you can go anywhere in the world in 30-60 minutes for about $20 worth of electricity. Only downside is it takes that long and costs that much to drive to the next neighborhood over.

Plus it will have no added features: no power steering, no aircon, no heating, no GPS, no radio. If you're lucky it might have an airbag and seat belts. 

41 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Plus it will have no added features: no power steering, no aircon, no heating, no GPS, no radio. If you're lucky it might have an airbag and seat belts. 

Also, the poor build quality and paint finish that you can expect from every single tesla car. 😁