Jump to content

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

If FLR ends up with a reasonable price, we’ll all be in for a treat. When was it again that we were gonna get the first drop? Was it sometime in April or May?

The network will go live in May or June. Not just token price but there are also risk free ways to make yield. Basically a better and more flexible version of staking that doesn't lock up your tokens. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

The network will go live in May or June. Not just token price but there are also risk free ways to make yield. Basically a better and more flexible version of staking that doesn't lock up your tokens. 

Yeah I’ve seen a few videos from mickey b fresh (Idk if I’m writing that correctly but u know who I mean) and the earning programs definitely seem interesting. I’m curious to see how good they’ll be once the network is up and running. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neurotoxin said:

Yeah I’ve seen a few videos from mickey b fresh (Idk if I’m writing that correctly but u know who I mean) and the earning programs definitely seem interesting. I’m curious to see how good they’ll be once the network is up and running. 

Right we need more details on all that stuff. But I think what xrpnuke said is right: crypto is certainly moving away from purely hold and speculate to stake/earn yield models of tokenomics. The spoils just going to miners will eventually be a thing of the past.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seoulite said:

Right we need more details on all that stuff. But I think what xrpnuke said is right: crypto is certainly moving away from purely hold and speculate to stake/earn yield models of tokenomics. The spoils just going to miners will eventually be a thing of the past.

Back in my 2017 era, there's this coin called EOS, i bought it because it seems convincing and the website looks really cool, i got in real early at 50c with a little spare cash, still holding it now.

As time progressed, EOS was dubbed the ETH killer, the ecosystem is kinda governed by around 20+ separate Teams (the Achilles heel of blockchain, you cant be fast and also completely decentralized at the same time, so the idea was to only choose 20+ masters, you can equate it to "Miners" from BTC, but at a much much smaller scale for the purpose of being fast and low cost. The masters are supposed to contribute to the wellbeing of the ecosystem, and they got rewarded with EOS, as long as the operating cost is lower than the reward, they profit and incentivized to continue. (of course no one do things for free, no one is charity)

Each "master" promote themselves to secure more votes, more votes = more power and influence. I still remember each of them have youtube channels, walking you thru how good EOS is, what they planned to achieve, even gave a kind of prediction of what's the long term value. It looked professional, optimistic, all the good words you can imagine.

Some time before the true launch of the main net, the price peaked at 22 USD, it was hindsight, i wouldnt know that's the peak, i expect the true peak to come after the main net launch in June. Price only declined ever since the peak, main net didnt help the price also, and the main net is kind of a mess, because all 20+ masters have to "agree" in order to successfully launch it.

Down the road, i didnt follow much about EOS anymore, occasionally browse the reddit and found out issues after issues. All in all, the good ol "expectation vs reality" thing surfaced in my mind. And guess what? I didnt see the youtube videos appearing anymore from the "masters", it's like they gave up or something, im not sure. But any rational person will of course keep touting their positive progress if there is, unless there's none.

Price has been keep on depressed, 50c to 22 USD to now floating around 3 USD, struggle to get past 5 USD.

///////////////////////////////////////

Then there's this Codius, Cobalt thing in the XRP realm before, ah and also Omni, i hear crickets now, Omni is out of business.
As for coil, looks weak too. I remember trying to support it by browsing and navigating thru it, the website cant even function properly when i want to perform certain actions.

Then now there's Flare, another dubbed ETH killer, and the most common complaint i hear now is the people dont understand it, the Flare team cant communicate well to the lay person, then some other Youtubers scavenge the info and trying to educate people, but turned out each of the Youtuber has some different understanding of Flare, at best it is minor error between versions, at worst they're misleading and making things worse.

And then the airdrop, i dont think they handled it well, at the end i used Wietse's toolkit to register the airdrop, a Third party with no affiliation with Flare did some free work out of courtesy , imagine if Wietse didnt do it, the airdrop will be even worse. They cant even prepare for it properly for all of us to follow a standardized airdrop process. Most people just throw in the towel and planned to let Exchanges to handle it. The never ending "new topics/question relating to how to claim Flare, problems to claiming Flare with Exchanges" still occurs everyday UNTIL NOW. It's ridiculously annoying seeing those posts.

///////////////////////

So, to be honest, im not holding my breath about Flare, it could be just another Nothing Burger at the end.

Ah one more thing, In the beginning we're told to expect a lot of airdrops by holding EOS due to a lot of DAPPS will be built on it.
Yes i indeed got a lot of different airdrops, but they are all worthless, i have this EOS block explorer to check my Main EOS balance and my Total airdrop balance.
My airdrops only worth 1% of my entire EOS bag.

And guess what? Most of the DAPPS built on EOS are Gambling sites, nothing meaningfully useful as far as im aware, i havent looked at it in a long while, not worth my time considering my EOS bag is quite small.

Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually, when we expect things to go this way, most likely it will go the other way.

 

Positives:

1. girl declined by invitation multiple times, but i continue chatting my way thru the girl, as much as i want to invite her again, i refrained, thinking i will just get another rejection, but end up the girl initiated the invite instead (yay)

2. i expect the fail that exam, but passed instead

 

Negatives

1. I expect this other girl to stay, thinking she's different considering she treated me very very well and are quite rational as a female, but all of sudden one day she just left, claiming i didnt do well enough, and im not even aware of majority of the stuffs she talking about in regards to what i didnt do well, Love to Despise in the blink of an eye

2. tried many forex system in the past, thinking it will work, even backtested properly before jumping in with real money, they all still lose me money, i lost count of how much money i lost in forex thinking i "found" the system, could've put those money into better use, but success usually come after many failures aint it? My current system looks promising and already earning me money now, hope i recoup all losses in the past

3. i expect to ACE in that exam, smiling constantly throughout the session, thinking i must be genius knowing all the answers, i keep writing and writing, the "world prize candidate" flashed thru my brain, but at the end when result announced, i was 7 marks away from Passing that exam, let alone getting the world prize. When something looks and feels easy, beware. (the same goes to when something looks too good to be true, RUN. Yes i'm looking at you, GIveaway scams, im thankful my common sense is high enough to not fall for it even once)

 

Pending:

1. i expect XRP to go to 10$ and beyond (quite optimistic about it, even took a small loan to further upsize my bags before the bullrun started)

2. i expect flare to be something big (not holding my breath)

 

Let's see what's wrong and what's right

Edited by Hopium
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hopium said:

there's this coin called EOS

Yes I also bought some EOS, even messed around with EOS knights for a while. You've given a lot of info about EOS but all that seems to amount to is: there was hype around EOS but that hasn't gone anywhere, there is hype around FLR and that might not go anywhere. Yes, that might be the case, but we can't know for sure.

1 hour ago, Hopium said:

Then now there's Flare, another dubbed ETH killer, and the most common complaint i hear now is the people dont understand it,

I don't get this criticism to be honest. I hear all the time people saying Flare is complicated, but I really don't think it is. The average 'investor' doesn't need to know any more about FLR than they do when they buy xrp or btc or ada.

1 hour ago, Hopium said:

And then the airdrop, i dont think they handled it well, at the end i used Wietse's toolkit to register the airdrop, a Third party with no affiliation with Flare did some free work out of courtesy , imagine if Wietse didnt do it, the airdrop will be even worse.

Again, the guide was for people who self-custody, and it was really easy to follow. 

1 hour ago, Hopium said:

Most people just throw in the towel and planned to let Exchanges to handle it. The never ending "new topics/question relating to how to claim Flare, problems to claiming Flare with Exchanges" still occurs everyday UNTIL NOW. It's ridiculously annoying seeing those posts.

I agree it's annoying, which is why we now have the Flare Discussion club so you don't need to keep seeing them. I don't wanna be snarky to people but it really isn't rocket science. People seem incapable of googling even the simplest thing. As for problems of Flare on exchanges, nothing has been released yet. Some exchanges have only just begun to communicate how it will be done. 

1 hour ago, Hopium said:

So, to be honest, im not holding my breath about Flare, it could be just another Nothing Burger at the end.

See this I don't get. They conduct the biggest airdrop in crypto history, getting the global exchanges on board. They are integrating 4 major coins from the outset. I don't see how it could be a nothing burger. It is already more than that and the network isn't even live...

If the main criticisms are: it's complicated (because the network encourages utility and rewards go to users not miners) and the airdrop wasn't well handled (biggest in history, I think it went quite well) then I'll take that. They are much weaker criticisms than one could make of xrp or eth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Yes I also bought some EOS, even messed around with EOS knights for a while. You've given a lot of info about EOS but all that seems to amount to is: there was hype around EOS but that hasn't gone anywhere, there is hype around FLR and that might not go anywhere. Yes, that might be the case, but we can't know for sure.

I don't get this criticism to be honest. I hear all the time people saying Flare is complicated, but I really don't think it is. The average 'investor' doesn't need to know any more about FLR than they do when they buy xrp or btc or ada.

Again, the guide was for people who self-custody, and it was really easy to follow. 

I agree it's annoying, which is why we now have the Flare Discussion club so you don't need to keep seeing them. I don't wanna be snarky to people but it really isn't rocket science. People seem incapable of googling even the simplest thing. As for problems of Flare on exchanges, nothing has been released yet. Some exchanges have only just begun to communicate how it will be done. 

See this I don't get. They conduct the biggest airdrop in crypto history, getting the global exchanges on board. They are integrating 4 major coins from the outset. I don't see how it could be a nothing burger. It is already more than that and the network isn't even live...

If the main criticisms are: it's complicated (because the network encourages utility and rewards go to users not miners) and the airdrop wasn't well handled (biggest in history, I think it went quite well) then I'll take that. They are much weaker criticisms than one could make of xrp or eth.

1. well, different people have different IQ, besides IQ, the people also need to put in effort to at least educate themselves via google, so even if people have the IQ (most dont), they would still be lazy to educate themselves, if you understand it, good for you

2. XRP was much more straightforward, the aim is just to make cross border payments seamless, btc is also a simple concept, didnt research bout ADA so i dont know, the only thing i noticed is the quick climb of the rank of ADA due to massive pump, not sure what's it about, let me know here if you're generous about info

3. EOS was also the biggest and longest period of ICO in history, ICO was in the ballpark of billion and lasted 1 full year. Big doesnt mean anything, look at EOS now, im not sure what proud achievements i can tell you about it besides the Gambling DAPPS

4. Nah, not trying to make criticism here, just to remind to stay grounded because most of the time the "Expectation vs Reality" scenario happens, all im trying to say is to just Dont Hold your breath, nothing more

The root of disappointment often stems from expectation, especially a high expectation, i learnt this the hard way, and in both ways (both me and the opposite gender).
I felt disappointed when the girl dont behave the way i want to, the same goes for the girl too when they expect too much out of me and left once they figured it out.

Recent years i've been practicing Zero Expectation, there will be no more disappointments, only pleasant surprises, because you already expect people to behave their worst in the beginning. A famous quote "i'm not surprised when people leave, i'd be more surprise if they stayed instead".

You might have guessed it, yes i broke up few days ago, im pretty much 98% healed at this point due to Zero Expectation mindset.
Im not just having Diamond hands of HODLing, i also have Diamond hearts now to withstand any emotional damage ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hopium said:

1. well, different people have different IQ, besides IQ, the people also need to put in effort to at least educate themselves via google, so even if people have the IQ (most dont), they would still be lazy to educate themselves, if you understand it, good for you

2. XRP was much more straightforward, the aim is just to make cross border payments seamless, btc is also a simple concept, didnt research bout ADA so i dont know, the only thing i noticed is the quick climb of the rank of ADA due to massive pump, not sure what's it about, let me know here if you're generous about info

3. EOS was also the biggest and longest period of ICO in history, ICO was in the ballpark of billion and lasted 1 full year. Big doesnt mean anything, look at EOS now, im not sure what proud achievements i can tell you about it besides the Gambling DAPPS

4. Nah, not trying to make criticism here, just to remind to stay grounded because most of the time the "Expectation vs Reality" scenario happens, all im trying to say is to just Dont Hold your breath, nothing more

The root of disappointment often stems from expectation, especially a high expectation, i learnt this the hard way, and in both ways (both me and the opposite gender).
I felt disappointed when the girl dont behave the way i want to, the same goes for the girl too when they expect too much out of me and left once they figured it out.

Recent years i've been practicing Zero Expectation, there will be no more disappointments, only pleasant surprises, because you already expect people to behave their worst in the beginning. A famous quote "i'm not surprised when people leave, i'd be more surprise if they stayed instead".

You might have guessed it, yes i broke up few days ago, im pretty much 98% healed at this point due to Zero Expectation mindset.
Im not just having Diamond hands of HODLing, i also have Diamond hearts now to withstand any emotional damage ;)

Dude, your name is @Hopium. You can't have Zero Expectations. Hope, by definition, is the expectation of something yet to come.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry to hear about your breakup, and it is a very valid point about EOS. It was huge, hugely hyped, and now it’s not much at all. I agree it is a cautionary tale.

40 minutes ago, Hopium said:

1. well, different people have different IQ, besides IQ, the people also need to put in effort to at least educate themselves via google, so even if people have the IQ (most dont), they would still be lazy to educate themselves, if you understand it, good for you

Still want to push back a little on this. There is very little to understand with flare. It will basically be like staking. Exchanges will likely offer delegation services the same way they do for other PoS coins now. I think it is going to be very simple for the basic user.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

Dude, your name is @Hopium. You can't have Zero Expectations. Hope, by definition, is the expectation of something yet to come.

My real life personality is inversely correlated with my online personality.

I look happy here, i look hopeful here, i look like a dealer and also breath in the stuffs i sell

but in real life, im a grounded and realistic person, you wont know i am Hopium, i already lost all hope for humanity, my only aim now is to be sugar d****

EDIT: i dont even smoke in real life, nor vape or shisha

Edited by Hopium
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

I’m sorry to hear about your breakup, and it is a very valid point about EOS. It was huge, hugely hyped, and now it’s not much at all. I agree it is a cautionary tale.

Still want to push back a little on this. There is very little to understand with flare. It will basically be like staking. Exchanges will likely offer delegation services the same way they do for other PoS coins now. I think it is going to be very simple for the basic user.

if you're sorry then be my bride

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hopium said:

My real life personality is inversely correlated with my online personality.

I look happy here, i look hopeful here, i look like a dealer and also breath in the stuffs i sell

but in real life, im a grounded and realistic person, you wont know i am Hopium, i already lost all hope for humanity, my only aim now is to be sugar d****

EDIT: i dont even smoke in real life, nor vape or shisha

Very interesting.  I think you would be surprised how many contributors to forums are closet introverts having their say.  Introverts enjoy vocalising, but they tend to do it from the margins away from the clatter of loud environments.  There is a lovely book "Quiet, the power of introverts in a world that can' stop talking" by Susan Cain.   

I find your comment on Flare interesting.  I hope I have not been over optimistic about Flare.  It will be a lot of money even if it ends up as being only worth a dollar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally some green on the screen.  The recent down turn seems to have caused a lot of concern, don't worry it's normal for Bitcoin.  Big moves up (more than expected) Big moves down (more than expected)  But it looks like the price might level out here for a day or so.  New Support levels have been established and the Bollinger Bands should Flatten/Tighten until the next run.  

 

3 1 2021.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.